No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
WTB_Beaver Tail Belt #7012855
10/09/20 09:53 AM
10/09/20 09:53 AM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Online content OP
trapper
BvrRetriever  Online Content OP
trapper
B

WI
Does anyone make beaver tail belts? I'm looking to buy one. I can't hardly get a couple months out of belt anymore without it falling apart. I'm hoping a beaver tail belt is indestructible. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: WTB_Beaver Tail Belt [Re: BvrRetriever] #7012962
10/09/20 11:44 AM
10/09/20 11:44 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
I was back in Indiana in Amish country, and stopped at a tack shop. I bought a real leather belt that will last me the rest of my life. Don't buy belts at wallyworld or places like that, they are made from man made materials, and won't last a year. I doubt you can find a beaver with a long enough tail to make a real belt, and sewing it together would be weak points, it would have to be sewed onto leather and would just be for looks.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: WTB_Beaver Tail Belt [Re: BvrRetriever] #7013024
10/09/20 01:38 PM
10/09/20 01:38 PM
SOUTH CAROLINA - SC
B
bur Offline
trapper
bur  Offline
trapper
B

SOUTH CAROLINA - SC
I agree with Lee. The only way to get a good beaver belt would be to stitch beaver tail leather onto a good solid leather belt. I am planning on making one like that for myself when I get my tails back from specialty leather. If you google beaver tail belts, I have seen a few places that make them, but I don't care for some of the overlays and stitching. Someone on Tman made one a while back and had pictures on here. I can't remember who, but it was a nice looking belt.

Happy Trapping . . .
Re: WTB_Beaver Tail Belt [Re: BvrRetriever] #7013614
10/10/20 10:26 AM
10/10/20 10:26 AM
Piney va. soon be 19
cotton Online content
trapper
cotton  Online Content
trapper

Piney va. soon be 19
www.hanksbelts.com
Real leather and made in the USA

John 3/16

ifin your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough
VTA life member

Re: WTB_Beaver Tail Belt [Re: BvrRetriever] #7013622
10/10/20 10:55 AM
10/10/20 10:55 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I make them and they wear pretty good, look great as well !!
Interested give me a PM and leave your email for pics and info
They are not cheap just so you know up front, and get even more pricy
If you want different inlay work or lettering on them
Thanks for your interest !
Tom

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread