No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7015000
10/11/20 09:08 PM
10/11/20 09:08 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
If a drunk were to hurt anyone in my family, hades would rain down on them. I am violently protective of my family.

Would I be wrong to kill that person that killed my child while high or drunk? How many children would I orphan? Would I widow a wife or husband?

I wish people could be responsible when drinking or smoking pot or sniffing cocaine, but it is a detachment from reality to think anyone can control themselves when high.

I guess that is my attachment to reality. I don't understand why some people choose to ignore this reality when it shows itself everyday. Many times in their own individual family lives.

It baffles me to no end.

That person would be behind bars and you wouldn't be able to touch them. That is the reality. And yes, you would be wrong to kill someone for it. It's not your decision who lives and dies and you would and should be punished, here and in the afterlife....I understand how you would feel though. I wish no-one would ever have to lose a loved one to a drunk driver.

So you are saying there should be NO consequences for your action. I am sorry but I can not rape my head around that. I do not follow the post much so you do not need to respond.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Gary Benson] #7015024
10/11/20 09:29 PM
10/11/20 09:29 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I just learned that there are 7 states that have State-owned liquor stores. I did not know that. Alabama, Idaho, New Hampshire, North Caroline, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia.
State and local govts collect aboat 7.3 billion in taxes and an additional 9.3 billion from state-owned liquor stores. As it is, alcohol is dug in deep and will never be illegalized now regardless of the consequences. The statistics are out there as to what alcohol does to this country, yet they throw a fit about someone getting killed with a gun (not by a gun). It's a strange strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Exactly

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015034
10/11/20 09:35 PM
10/11/20 09:35 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Never quite understood why Billy Joe making moonshine in a still up in the woods and selling it illegally is a folk hero but cuz down the road selling dime bags to on the corner is enemy number one....

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015046
10/11/20 09:44 PM
10/11/20 09:44 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The main reason is alcohol is a deep part of european culture-drugs are african/middle eastern culture.The Usa was founded on European culture,and the laws reflect the mores of that culture-or at least did at one time.
Druggers are looked on as "dopey" and drinking was celebrated as manly.Those who cant handle their drink are also looked on as wimpy or not real men.

Last edited by Boco; 10/11/20 09:48 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015053
10/11/20 09:54 PM
10/11/20 09:54 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Very good summary Boco.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015088
10/11/20 10:36 PM
10/11/20 10:36 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Not when,as you said, "those consequences can have reaching effects on many members of both sides of the affected families".We can't stop people from murder,robbery ,kidnapping,etc. either.But when caught we can ensure their punishement matches the severity of the crime.By saying the drug war is a waste,what's the alternative?A.free for all?Let the public pick up the pieces and the tab for lives ruined and rehab?This time state sanctioned?Free needles and dope?I don't believe there really is an answer that solves all these problems.But I don't like what I'm seeing now,where it's become a right of passage to get high as a kid,where it's become a way of life in many communities now that decriminilization has taken place in many states,and it's now looked at as a victimless crime.It isnt.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015098
10/11/20 10:55 PM
10/11/20 10:55 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Interesting discussion this far that's what I was hoping for.

When the government has the ability to control what your aloud to put in your body that gets extended to more than just drugs. It government creep as with everything else they do.

For example I can't sell raw milk or beef that has not been processed in a government approved facility and all the extra expenses that involves. In fact I could face more consequences than those big bad drug dealers.
Don't my customers have the right to chose what they feed there family. I guarantee it's treated with the same care as what I feed my family and a darn sight more than the Hispanics give it at the government approves approved facility.

The war on drugs is a failure. It filled our prisons with nonviolent offenders causing over crowding and early release of murders and rapist. It drives up the price and creates the black market the same as prohibition did with the mob.

It has lead to no knock warrants, Asset forfeiture, and the militarization of the police force. There is more but the war on drugs is infact a war on you and your freedom.

Legalize all drugs and remove warning labels. Quit reviving those that do overdose. Actions have consequences and it will sort its self out. The real losers are the family's and kids. But its here to stay legal or not and illegal is not working and it's not worth the lose of freedom.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015099
10/11/20 10:57 PM
10/11/20 10:57 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Danny Clifton sees it as it is as does Providence Farm.

Last edited by rvsask; 10/11/20 10:58 PM.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015103
10/11/20 11:00 PM
10/11/20 11:00 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
It has lead to no knock warrants, Asset forfeiture, and the militarization of the police force. There is more but the war on drugs is infact a war on you and your freedom.

Legalize all drugs and remove warning labels. Quit reviving those that do overdose. Actions have consequences and it will sort its self out. The real losers are the family's and kids. But its here to stay legal or not and illegal is not working and it's not worth the lose of freedom.

Fight the war on drugs like a war, kill dealers, kill repeat addicts who continually cause trouble. What benefit do drugs offer society? We don't have the stomach to end the use of destructive substances so we just endorse/tax them instead? Makes little sense to me.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015105
10/11/20 11:04 PM
10/11/20 11:04 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
And kill alcoholics and people that get drunk recreationally too.!!!!

That’s sarcasm of course, but booze is a ridiculously bad drug too. But it’s okay, bc we don’t mind dabbling right? Of course I’m right.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015106
10/11/20 11:05 PM
10/11/20 11:05 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Fight the war on drugs like a war, kill dealers, kill repeat addicts who continually cause trouble. What benefit do drugs offer society? We don't have the stomach to end the use of destructive substances so we just endorse/tax them instead? Makes little sense to me.

Kill the dealers someone else will step in to fill the void. If there is a market there will be those that will supply
it. Do all you want the government has tried and failed for 30 years. I guess your ok with losses of not only your freedoms but that of your kids and grand kids. Try to think just a little bigger.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015107
10/11/20 11:06 PM
10/11/20 11:06 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Culture sells the fantasy that illicit drugs really do make sense for people who think life is too hard. Or too easy. Or too long, Or too short. Or too crazy. Or too boring.
Or...
Or...
Or...

The dealer just exchanges dough for show.
Sex, drugs, and rock and roll still lives on.
Big time.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015108
10/11/20 11:08 PM
10/11/20 11:08 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Alcohol kills more people than any other and it isn’t even close.

I’m unafraid to consume it but I’m not oblivious to it’s dark side just bc I choose to recreationally use it.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015109
10/11/20 11:10 PM
10/11/20 11:10 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Kill the dealers someone else will step in to fill the void. If there is a market there will be those that will supply
it. Do all you want the government has tried and failed for 30 years. I guess your ok with losses of not only your freedoms but that of your kids and grand kids. Try to think just a little bigger.

If getting caught with baggies means getting killed there will be a serious lack of willing suppliers. Other countries already do this with success. Yes I am okay with the loss of freedom to do drugs, they are destructive to the user and those around them and society at large. Think bigger, the libertarian dream land already exist its called Somalia. You cannot have freedom without order, order comes before freedom.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: rvsask] #7015110
10/11/20 11:12 PM
10/11/20 11:12 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by rvsask

I’m unafraid to consume it but I’m not oblivious to it’s dark side just bc I choose to recreationally use it.

Many people can casually use alcohol, how many casual meth or heroin users have you met? How many people get together for a bbq and do some meth and not end up causing havoc? If alcohol is so destructive it is because it is legal and readily available, you want to make hard drugs the same?

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015116
10/11/20 11:30 PM
10/11/20 11:30 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by rvsask

Many people can casually use alcohol, how many casual meth or heroin users have you met? How many people get together for a bbq and do some meth and not end up causing havoc? If alcohol is so destructive it is because it is legal and readily available, you want to make hard drugs the same?

Lots of parties at many big money circles involve coke, pot,and many more with no problems. The lose of freedom is yours when someone informs on you or the cops get the wrong address and bust down your dore shoot your dog and put your family at risk.

I'm sure your ok if someone kills your kid when someone plants a dime bag in his car.

You remind me of a classic fud. Ok with gun control as long as it not your pump, over and under, or bolt action.

It's not the loss of freedom to do drugs I am talking about. It's the loss of a ability to buy raw milk or beef butchered by your local farmer on his farm. I guess you cant grasp the loss of freedom and how its intertwined.
Carry on

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015134
10/11/20 11:46 PM
10/11/20 11:46 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Outlaw all drugs and bring back the lash as punishment for offenders.
Alchohol is part of my heritage,just like bread and butter.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015137
10/11/20 11:51 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan

[/quote]
Fight the war on drugs like a war, kill dealers, kill repeat addicts who continually cause trouble. What benefit do drugs offer society? We don't have the stomach to end the use of destructive substances so we just endorse/tax them instead? Makes little sense to me.[/quote]
That right there,we don't have the stomach.The only time we seemed to have any coordinated effort between all branches of LE was a short run of the Reagan years.People that say the seizures made by the DEA at our ports of entry are a waste of money and manpower,what do you want them to do,ignore them?Look the other way?Legalization is a joke.My job working for the Feds had me working around LEO's ,some who had experience with Colorado's situation.Not one,not one had anything good to say about.Yeah,I know,there's all kind of gleaming reports on the news media about how wonderful it is.Another,legalize it, tax it.Yeah right,I would.love to know for every dollar collected how many are not.People that have been selling it for years with out govt regs or paying taxes on their sales aren't suddenly going to submit to laws that say they have too.I've watched that first hand here in Michigan. The youth of this country have went from a culture where it was daring to sneak a cigarette from our parents,and sip hootch from grandpa's stash,to getting high,smoking meth,swallowing LSD,speed,and whatever else.Doesn't say much for today's culture.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015138
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Donner, I don’t know any meth or heroin users, let alone casual ones. I do know many problematic drunks though. I doubt those meth and heroin users get together much for bbq a though. I never said to make them legal, just figure the war on drugs is a gross failure and that scaling back the pursuit of casual pot smokers, maybe cocaine users wouldn’t be a terrible idea. All those opioid painkillers are legal too, but that’s okay, big pharmacy is getting rich.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015145
10/12/20 12:06 AM
10/12/20 12:06 AM
MI
T
trappingmichigan Offline
trapper
trappingmichigan  Offline
trapper
T

MI
If there's a demand for it there will always be a supply. There never has been or will there ever be a solution to this problem. It can not be stopped.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread