No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: trappingmichigan] #7015149
10/12/20 12:21 AM
10/12/20 12:21 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin

The percentage of those who take illegal drugs that cause societal issues compared to those who drink alcohol is much higher. The difference is there are far, far more people consuming alcohol then using illegal drugs. Also there are not many people enabling a meth user but there are millions and millions that enable the alcohol abuser and the societal cost if truly compiled would be alarming to all of us.

Bryce

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015162
10/12/20 12:54 AM
10/12/20 12:54 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
I live in a village of 800 where Alcohol is illegal and Pot is legal. No stores here sell either.

This past week we had one murder a high school kid got beat to death. And in a separate incidence had a guy get shot in the face in a gunfight.

Both alcohol fueled as is always the case.

Still waiting to hear of a death or bad accident from a pot smoker.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015163
10/12/20 01:02 AM
10/12/20 01:02 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Yea,the mexican drug cartels are a real bunch of choirboys I hear

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015172
10/12/20 02:13 AM
10/12/20 02:13 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
They are not a problem at all here.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015175
10/12/20 02:41 AM
10/12/20 02:41 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The end justifies the means for you I see.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015178
10/12/20 03:17 AM
10/12/20 03:17 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Your babbling again.

If you want to send your tax dollars to Mexico to fight the boogie man go right ahead. See how well that has worked.

Most drugs come from China and Canada, you know Canadian Mist, Canadian Club , Windsor etc... is all available here. The Mexican stuff not at all... you guys are the cartel ..lol

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015186
10/12/20 04:49 AM
10/12/20 04:49 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I don't know anybody that is sober because of laws. Anybody that wants to get high or drunk is getting drunk or high.

Everybody has lost a tremendous amount of freedom.

People never used to demand that Law Enforcement be defunded till law enforcement became a branch of the military.

Street gangs exist to distribute drugs. Mafia came into existence to distribute ethanol.

There has to be a victim or there is no crime. People who commit crimes are incarcerated as punishment and deterrent but primarily to protect the public from the criminal.

Drug profits are unimaginably large. The most profitable commodity by a huge margin. That money has corrupted our entire judicial system from the rookie deputy all the way to the whitehouse.

It has been close to 100 years that drugs have been criminalized. The percent of the population that is using has never changed. There have been no positives of any kind. If criminalization was going to work it would have by now. It has only created more problems.

Last edited by danny clifton; 10/12/20 04:52 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015198
10/12/20 05:31 AM
10/12/20 05:31 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Worse drug out there in my eyes is tobacco. It had its grip on me back in the day. Easily obtainable by kids. Most can pick a butt right off the street or in an ashtray anywhere

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: danny clifton] #7015215
10/12/20 06:04 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan

It has been close to 100 years that drugs have been criminalized. The percent of the population that is using has never changed. There have been no positives of any kind. If criminalization was going to work it would have by now. It has only created more problems.
[/quote]
It hasn't changed in a hundred years?You're dreaming.It's skyrocketed in the mid '60's and it's been there ever since.And it isn't all about alcohol

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015216
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Just like money is not the root of all evil, but the love of money! Drugs really aren't the problem, but the abuse of drugs. I can guarantee you that each one on this site knows a drug abuser, whether you realize it or not. Alcohol, pot, meth, crack, or OPIOIDS, are all drugs. Just distributed by different types of people. It's not my position to judge others with what they do with their body! I drink a few every weekend, not being critical of anyone else. But am I being a hypocrite because I refuse to allow my young kids to drink or a responsible adult?

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015217
10/12/20 06:05 AM
10/12/20 06:05 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Lots of parties at many big money circles involve coke, pot,and many more with no problems. The lose of freedom is yours when someone informs on you or the cops get the wrong address and bust down your dore shoot your dog and put your family at risk.

I'm sure your ok if someone kills your kid when someone plants a dime bag in his car.

You remind me of a classic fud. Ok with gun control as long as it not your pump, over and under, or bolt action.

It's not the loss of freedom to do drugs I am talking about. It's the loss of a ability to buy raw milk or beef butchered by your local farmer on his farm. I guess you cant grasp the loss of freedom and how its intertwined.
Carry on

You are getting ridiculous.

I have no kids, no one is getting killed for having a dime bag, why would you even write that sentence, what was the point? You are looking for the most obscene scenarios and trying to paint them as the norm.

Guns are protected by the constitution, grasping at straws is trying to compare guns and drugs.

I could care less if someone buys raw milk or meat butchered on the farm. I do not think every single regulation is leading to a slippery slope. If you fail to see the difference between a bit of hamburger and a baggie of meth it is not really worth discussing further. Like I said previously the Libertarian dreamland of Somalia already exist, you can move there and have little to no government regulation and oversite.

As pointed out, Alcohol is the most used and abused drug there is, the reason is obvious, it is well accepted and easily obtainable. You want Drugs to be as easily attainable as Booze? You want someone to turn 21 and have the ability to go down to the grocery store and pick up some Heroin with less societal judgement and no possible legal ramifications?

The "war on drugs" has not been a war, its been a BS skirmish. We have the ability to find Osama Bin Laden hiding in Pakistan and send in helos to take him out but you think we cant get dealers off the streets if we wanted to?

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015225
10/12/20 06:21 AM
10/12/20 06:21 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I think it all comes down to personal self-discipline. A body has to have water to survive, but too much water will kill you too. You cannot help someone who won't help themselves.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015228
10/12/20 06:29 AM
10/12/20 06:29 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
No Buck. People just quit hiding. The percentage has never changed

donnersurvivor believe it or not we are on the same page. I also wonder why cruise missiles don't take out Mexican meth labs and C140's are not spraying roundup on opium poppies in Afghanistan and coca fields in Columbia and Peru.

It is money. Lots and lots and lots of money. The same reason a 13 year old can buy heroin easier than a cigarette. Money is the reason that the percentage of the population using heroin and cocaine has never changed. Big money is why drugs are EVERYWHERE.

Lying to the public about the dangers of drugs makes people wonder what e l se is being lied about. I was told in Jr High that smoking marijuanna or taking LSD would damage my chromosomes and my children would be born with birth defects.

There is no war on drugs. T h e war is really on liberty.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015230
10/12/20 06:32 AM
10/12/20 06:32 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I watched a TV program that stated that marijuana is California's #1 agricultural crop. Some of the waterways have been drained dry by use of irrigation.
Now in several states it's illegal to even catch rainwater off your roof for personal use, and illegal to build a pond on your property to catch runoff from rains.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015232
10/12/20 06:36 AM
10/12/20 06:36 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

One of biggest border confiscations happened this weekend,

CPB discovered 1,816 packages co-mingled with medical supplies. Included in the haul was approximately 3,014 pounds of methamphetamine, 64 pounds of heroin, 29 pounds of fentanyl powder and almost 37 pounds of fentanyl pills, worth an estimated $7.2 million.

[Linked Image]

A Mexican citizen was arrested.

I think there's a small sign in the lower right hand trailer corner that reads; "Do not send to AK."

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015239
10/12/20 06:42 AM
10/12/20 06:42 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Interesting discussion this far that's what I was hoping for.

When the government has the ability to control what your aloud to put in your body that gets extended to more than just drugs. It government creep as with everything else they do.

For example I can't sell raw milk or beef that has not been processed in a government approved facility and all the extra expenses that involves. In fact I could face more consequences than those big bad drug dealers.
Don't my customers have the right to chose what they feed there family. I guarantee it's treated with the same care as what I feed my family and a darn sight more than the Hispanics give it at the government approves approved facility.

The war on drugs is a failure. It filled our prisons with nonviolent offenders causing over crowding and early release of murders and rapist. It drives up the price and creates the black market the same as prohibition did with the mob.

It has lead to no knock warrants, Asset forfeiture, and the militarization of the police force. There is more but the war on drugs is infact a war on you and your freedom.

Legalize all drugs and remove warning labels. Quit reviving those that do overdose. Actions have consequences and it will sort its self out. The real losers are the family's and kids. But its here to stay legal or not and illegal is not working and it's not worth the lose of freedom.

I don’t know that the government is to blame for that as much as lawyers and the people that hire them.

Apparently you’ve never seen what happens to people that just have to have it and don’t pay their “bill.”

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 10/12/20 06:45 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015245
10/12/20 06:57 AM
10/12/20 06:57 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Boy Howdy Donner, you sure want to do a lot of killin

I'll give ya credit though, you won't go off on and espouse morality and Christianity(not throwing that at you Mark June, I don't recall you being flippant with the death penalty.)

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Steven 49er] #7015256
10/12/20 07:11 AM
10/12/20 07:11 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

I'll give ya credit though, you won't go off on and espouse morality and Christianity(not throwing that at you Mark June, I don't recall you being flippant with the death penalty.)

wink

Tertius scribed Paul's words to the Romans.
This here thread reads like parts of that text and it'd sure be a bunch better for our grandkids, children, and us if it read like the other parts.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Steven 49er] #7015271
10/12/20 07:35 AM
10/12/20 07:35 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Killing ain’t hard, it’s living with it afterwards.

-Goofy-
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7015315
10/12/20 08:52 AM
10/12/20 08:52 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Killing ain’t hard, it’s living with it afterwards.

Ill accept that burden so the rest of you don't have to carry it.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread