No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Joe Goodman Prints
Please support Joe Goodman because he supports us with donations

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015230
10/12/20 05:32 AM
10/12/20 05:32 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I watched a TV program that stated that marijuana is California's #1 agricultural crop. Some of the waterways have been drained dry by use of irrigation.
Now in several states it's illegal to even catch rainwater off your roof for personal use, and illegal to build a pond on your property to catch runoff from rains.

I know I'm paranoid......but am I paranoid ENOUGH???
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015232
10/12/20 05:36 AM
10/12/20 05:36 AM
La Vernia & Dallas TX
Mark June Online content
trapper
Mark June  Online Content
trapper

La Vernia & Dallas TX
One of biggest border confiscations happened this weekend,

CPB discovered 1,816 packages co-mingled with medical supplies. Included in the haul was approximately 3,014 pounds of methamphetamine, 64 pounds of heroin, 29 pounds of fentanyl powder and almost 37 pounds of fentanyl pills, worth an estimated $7.2 million.

[Linked Image]

A Mexican citizen was arrested.

I think there's a small sign in the lower right hand trailer corner that reads; "Do not send to AK."

Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host - 2021 is booked

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015239
10/12/20 05:42 AM
10/12/20 05:42 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Interesting discussion this far that's what I was hoping for.

When the government has the ability to control what your aloud to put in your body that gets extended to more than just drugs. It government creep as with everything else they do.

For example I can't sell raw milk or beef that has not been processed in a government approved facility and all the extra expenses that involves. In fact I could face more consequences than those big bad drug dealers.
Don't my customers have the right to chose what they feed there family. I guarantee it's treated with the same care as what I feed my family and a darn sight more than the Hispanics give it at the government approves approved facility.

The war on drugs is a failure. It filled our prisons with nonviolent offenders causing over crowding and early release of murders and rapist. It drives up the price and creates the black market the same as prohibition did with the mob.

It has lead to no knock warrants, Asset forfeiture, and the militarization of the police force. There is more but the war on drugs is infact a war on you and your freedom.

Legalize all drugs and remove warning labels. Quit reviving those that do overdose. Actions have consequences and it will sort its self out. The real losers are the family's and kids. But its here to stay legal or not and illegal is not working and it's not worth the lose of freedom.

I donít know that the government is to blame for that as much as lawyers and the people that hire them.

Apparently youíve never seen what happens to people that just have to have it and donít pay their ďbill.Ē

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 10/12/20 05:45 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015245
10/12/20 05:57 AM
10/12/20 05:57 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Boy Howdy Donner, you sure want to do a lot of killin

I'll give ya credit though, you won't go off on and espouse morality and Christianity(not throwing that at you Mark June, I don't recall you being flippant with the death penalty.)

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Steven 49er] #7015256
10/12/20 06:11 AM
10/12/20 06:11 AM
La Vernia & Dallas TX
Mark June Online content
trapper
Mark June  Online Content
trapper

La Vernia & Dallas TX
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

I'll give ya credit though, you won't go off on and espouse morality and Christianity(not throwing that at you Mark June, I don't recall you being flippant with the death penalty.)

wink

Tertius scribed Paul's words to the Romans.
This here thread reads like parts of that text and it'd sure be a bunch better for our grandkids, children, and us if it read like the other parts.

Blessings,
Mark

Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host - 2021 is booked

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Steven 49er] #7015271
10/12/20 06:35 AM
10/12/20 06:35 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Killing ainít hard, itís living with it afterwards.

-Goofy-
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7015315
10/12/20 07:52 AM
10/12/20 07:52 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Ill accept that burden so the rest of you don't have to carry it.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015321
10/12/20 08:01 AM
10/12/20 08:01 AM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
It has lead to no knock warrants, Asset forfeiture, and the militarization of the police force. There is more but the war on drugs is infact a war on you and your freedom.

Legalize all drugs and remove warning labels. Quit reviving those that do overdose. Actions have consequences and it will sort its self out. The real losers are the family's and kids. But its here to stay legal or not and illegal is not working and it's not worth the lose of freedom.

Fight the war on drugs like a war, kill dealers, kill repeat addicts who continually cause trouble. What benefit do drugs offer society? We don't have the stomach to end the use of destructive substances so we just endorse/tax them instead? Makes little sense to me.

We gonna kill the sugar company owners and retailers for marketing and item that's responsible for millions of people having diabetes? What about mcdonalds and other fast food chains promoting and selling food that is not a healthy option? How about the guy at the state fair selling deep fried oreos by the dozen? I know, I know, the users dont wallow around and try to steal from people after a sugar high, but the manufacturers have damaged society beyond repair could we not agree? If a drug user tries to wrong me or my family by stealing or breaking in, they will have to answer the same as a hardened burglar would if he tried to come through my door. I don't know anybody that would decide to start doing meth or heroin because they were decriminalized. I know a lot of people who use marijuana that would no longer be under persecution though. These people have families, contribute to society, win awards at work, and are responsible for their actions.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015334
10/12/20 08:13 AM
10/12/20 08:13 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
My brother used over a million dollars in public benefits before he overdosed/suicide. He did the math himself, he had a 136 iq and never did a thing with his life other than smoke pot and do hallucinatigens.

I married a girl who told me she was a christian virgin, 6 years later I had a junkie hoe who stole 16 years of work and savings from me and ran off to Vegas with another guy.

My cousin got clean after years of meth, she got that 1200 dollar stimulus check and went back to using, she's dead now at 35.

I wouldn't even flinch going down a line of dealers and giving them their due.

If yall think drugs and booze are comparible you have not been around many drug users.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015342
10/12/20 08:18 AM
10/12/20 08:18 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

I didnít say one canít live with it. Itís just harder than the killing.

-Goofy-
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015347
10/12/20 08:25 AM
10/12/20 08:25 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
With some of the logic I've seen here on this subject,if it wasn't for those pesky laws concerning prostitution,gambling,rum running,and income taxes Al Capone would have been a upright,model citizen.The only thing standing between him and sainthood were law enforcement officers and the laws they were sworn to protect.If we didn't have such laws there would be no Al Capones.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015352
10/12/20 08:32 AM
10/12/20 08:32 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
For those who feel everything should be legal, curious your opinions on this. Providing you have a son, daughter, niece ect, how would you feel when sh*!bag from Chicago or Detroit or any other craphole city moved to your town for the sole purpose of selling heroin/fentanyl. Your kid or whoever you care about purchases, uses and ODís dead. Now also keep in mind this person who moved in doesnt use, its not something they did to feed an addiction. They came to sell to your kid and others only to profit.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015376
10/12/20 08:58 AM
10/12/20 08:58 AM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY

Yeah, most of the people who indulge in drug use are usually very conscientious and responsible.

You are free to make your choices but are not free to choose the consequences.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: DWC] #7015391
10/12/20 09:16 AM
10/12/20 09:16 AM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Originally Posted by DWC
For those who feel everything should be legal, curious your opinions on this. Providing you have a son, daughter, niece ect, how would you feel when sh*!bag from Chicago or Detroit or any other craphole city moved to your town for the sole purpose of selling heroin/fentanyl. Your kid or whoever you care about purchases, uses and ODís dead. Now also keep in mind this person who moved in doesnt use, its not something they did to feed an addiction. They came to sell to your kid and others only to profit.

Guarantee that @#$&bag is already in your neighborhood. What is stopping your kid now? Probably good parenting more than the law. I don't know that I necessarily think everything should be legal, but the war on drugs is another never ending war.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015406
10/12/20 09:35 AM
10/12/20 09:35 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
What I find interesting is lifestyle and morals of those lobbying for legalization.

While I'm already on record as having mixed opinions on the validity of regulating personal choices I'm also on record as despising the consequences of those same choices.

All I can compare this to is the steady erosion I've seen in my lifetime as to sexual choices. In my lifetime I've seen infanticide legalized, sexual deviancy not only legalized but lauded and recognized as the full equivalent of the nuclear family and even now moves are being made to normalize pedophilia.

Just saying.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015412
10/12/20 09:40 AM
10/12/20 09:40 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
My brother used over a million dollars in public benefits before he overdosed/suicide. He did the math himself, he had a 136 iq and never did a thing with his life other than smoke pot and do hallucinatigens.

I married a girl who told me she was a christian virgin, 6 years later I had a junkie hoe who stole 16 years of work and savings from me and ran off to Vegas with another guy.

My cousin got clean after years of meth, she got that 1200 dollar stimulus check and went back to using, she's dead now at 35.

If yall think drugs and booze are comparible you have not been around many drug users.

I know a guy I use to run with all the time he is hooked hard on the needle and meth. He had a good job when he go caught with a 6 loaded guns and a bunch of meth, he went through drug court and got a better job and is now back on the meth. Some people can shake it some cant. But no one made them the way they are but themselves.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015418
10/12/20 09:46 AM
10/12/20 09:46 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
In theory I have no issue with drug legalization.

But in reality before its OK'd we should go to a system where the consequences of those choices is the responsibility of the individual making those choices and them alone.

Along with that strict enforcement of all laws. Restitution for property theft.

With our current system the public bears alot of the cost.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Dirty D] #7015425
10/12/20 09:52 AM
10/12/20 09:52 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Dirty D
In theory I have no issue with drug legalization.

But in reality before its OK'd we should go to a system where the consequences of those choices is the responsibility of the individual making those choices and them alone.

Along with that strict enforcement of all laws. Restitution for property theft.

With our current system the public bears alot of the cost.

I guess we either legalize choice while maximizing penalty for negative consequence. Which I'm perfectly okay with if we as a society can live with the death penalty applied rapidly and broadly for a wide range of offenses.
Or we understand that we are unwilling to deal with the consequences and deny the choice in the first place.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015453
10/12/20 10:27 AM
10/12/20 10:27 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana

So your brother had mental problems played the system like a slug and it's all the drugs fault?

Your x wife got in with the wrong crowd and took you for a ride. That's all the drugs fault?

Your cousin got a little money an got back on drugs. Ofcourse all the drugs fault.

Where is the person responsible for these people and yourself for marrying the wrong woman.

I get it its easier to blame the drugs.

As far as someone getting killed over a dime bag that exactly what you advocated for dealers and repeat offenders. Wouldn't your brother, cousin, and x wife fit into that category as well?

I have no use or intrest in drugs and also have seen their effects on family members lives. But I see that as failures on their part just the same way other poor decisions they could make can also run their life.

With freedom there is freedom to choose, freedom to succeed, and freedom to fail.

With the losses of freedoms ( not freedom to do druge) and militarization of law enforcement bad things have been happening.

You may not care about raw milk or a home butchered steak but the government sure dose and I can get into more trouble than those drug dealers you advocate killing. That's what I'm talking about when I talk a out loss of freedom. You have rose colored glasses if you think drugs will ever go away. What will go away are freedoms.

I think your so locked in on your position you can't see anything else similar to our former anti trapper. I hope I'm wrong. I'm willing to explore your ideas on solutions if you actually had a plan you honestly would work.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015462
10/12/20 10:34 AM
10/12/20 10:34 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
All this drug talk and I haven't had my first cup of caffeine. frown

After a few cups, I'm packing my bags and moving to my new libertarian utopia Somalia or Minnesota. Same place right?

Last edited by Dirt; 10/12/20 11:11 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread