No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015321
10/12/20 09:01 AM
10/12/20 09:01 AM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
It has lead to no knock warrants, Asset forfeiture, and the militarization of the police force. There is more but the war on drugs is infact a war on you and your freedom.

Legalize all drugs and remove warning labels. Quit reviving those that do overdose. Actions have consequences and it will sort its self out. The real losers are the family's and kids. But its here to stay legal or not and illegal is not working and it's not worth the lose of freedom.

Fight the war on drugs like a war, kill dealers, kill repeat addicts who continually cause trouble. What benefit do drugs offer society? We don't have the stomach to end the use of destructive substances so we just endorse/tax them instead? Makes little sense to me.

We gonna kill the sugar company owners and retailers for marketing and item that's responsible for millions of people having diabetes? What about mcdonalds and other fast food chains promoting and selling food that is not a healthy option? How about the guy at the state fair selling deep fried oreos by the dozen? I know, I know, the users dont wallow around and try to steal from people after a sugar high, but the manufacturers have damaged society beyond repair could we not agree? If a drug user tries to wrong me or my family by stealing or breaking in, they will have to answer the same as a hardened burglar would if he tried to come through my door. I don't know anybody that would decide to start doing meth or heroin because they were decriminalized. I know a lot of people who use marijuana that would no longer be under persecution though. These people have families, contribute to society, win awards at work, and are responsible for their actions.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015334
10/12/20 09:13 AM
10/12/20 09:13 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
My brother used over a million dollars in public benefits before he overdosed/suicide. He did the math himself, he had a 136 iq and never did a thing with his life other than smoke pot and do hallucinatigens.

I married a girl who told me she was a christian virgin, 6 years later I had a junkie hoe who stole 16 years of work and savings from me and ran off to Vegas with another guy.

My cousin got clean after years of meth, she got that 1200 dollar stimulus check and went back to using, she's dead now at 35.

I wouldn't even flinch going down a line of dealers and giving them their due.

If yall think drugs and booze are comparible you have not been around many drug users.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015342
10/12/20 09:18 AM
10/12/20 09:18 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Killing ain’t hard, it’s living with it afterwards.

Ill accept that burden so the rest of you don't have to carry it.

I didn’t say one can’t live with it. It’s just harder than the killing.

-Goofy-
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015347
10/12/20 09:25 AM
10/12/20 09:25 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
With some of the logic I've seen here on this subject,if it wasn't for those pesky laws concerning prostitution,gambling,rum running,and income taxes Al Capone would have been a upright,model citizen.The only thing standing between him and sainthood were law enforcement officers and the laws they were sworn to protect.If we didn't have such laws there would be no Al Capones.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015352
10/12/20 09:32 AM
10/12/20 09:32 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
For those who feel everything should be legal, curious your opinions on this. Providing you have a son, daughter, niece ect, how would you feel when sh*!bag from Chicago or Detroit or any other craphole city moved to your town for the sole purpose of selling heroin/fentanyl. Your kid or whoever you care about purchases, uses and OD’s dead. Now also keep in mind this person who moved in doesnt use, its not something they did to feed an addiction. They came to sell to your kid and others only to profit.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015376
10/12/20 09:58 AM
10/12/20 09:58 AM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY

Ill accept that burden so the rest of you don't have to carry it.

Yeah, most of the people who indulge in drug use are usually very conscientious and responsible.

You are free to make your choices but are not free to choose the consequences.

Let's go Brandon!
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: DWC] #7015391
10/12/20 10:16 AM
10/12/20 10:16 AM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Originally Posted by DWC
For those who feel everything should be legal, curious your opinions on this. Providing you have a son, daughter, niece ect, how would you feel when sh*!bag from Chicago or Detroit or any other craphole city moved to your town for the sole purpose of selling heroin/fentanyl. Your kid or whoever you care about purchases, uses and OD’s dead. Now also keep in mind this person who moved in doesnt use, its not something they did to feed an addiction. They came to sell to your kid and others only to profit.

Guarantee that @#$&bag is already in your neighborhood. What is stopping your kid now? Probably good parenting more than the law. I don't know that I necessarily think everything should be legal, but the war on drugs is another never ending war.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015406
10/12/20 10:35 AM
10/12/20 10:35 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
What I find interesting is lifestyle and morals of those lobbying for legalization.

While I'm already on record as having mixed opinions on the validity of regulating personal choices I'm also on record as despising the consequences of those same choices.

All I can compare this to is the steady erosion I've seen in my lifetime as to sexual choices. In my lifetime I've seen infanticide legalized, sexual deviancy not only legalized but lauded and recognized as the full equivalent of the nuclear family and even now moves are being made to normalize pedophilia.

Just saying.

[Linked Image]
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015412
10/12/20 10:40 AM
10/12/20 10:40 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
My brother used over a million dollars in public benefits before he overdosed/suicide. He did the math himself, he had a 136 iq and never did a thing with his life other than smoke pot and do hallucinatigens.

I married a girl who told me she was a christian virgin, 6 years later I had a junkie hoe who stole 16 years of work and savings from me and ran off to Vegas with another guy.

My cousin got clean after years of meth, she got that 1200 dollar stimulus check and went back to using, she's dead now at 35.

If yall think drugs and booze are comparible you have not been around many drug users.

I know a guy I use to run with all the time he is hooked hard on the needle and meth. He had a good job when he go caught with a 6 loaded guns and a bunch of meth, he went through drug court and got a better job and is now back on the meth. Some people can shake it some cant. But no one made them the way they are but themselves.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015418
10/12/20 10:46 AM
10/12/20 10:46 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
In theory I have no issue with drug legalization.

But in reality before its OK'd we should go to a system where the consequences of those choices is the responsibility of the individual making those choices and them alone.

Along with that strict enforcement of all laws. Restitution for property theft.

With our current system the public bears alot of the cost.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Dirty D] #7015425
10/12/20 10:52 AM
10/12/20 10:52 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Dirty D
In theory I have no issue with drug legalization.

But in reality before its OK'd we should go to a system where the consequences of those choices is the responsibility of the individual making those choices and them alone.

Along with that strict enforcement of all laws. Restitution for property theft.

With our current system the public bears alot of the cost.

I guess we either legalize choice while maximizing penalty for negative consequence. Which I'm perfectly okay with if we as a society can live with the death penalty applied rapidly and broadly for a wide range of offenses.
Or we understand that we are unwilling to deal with the consequences and deny the choice in the first place.

[Linked Image]
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015453
10/12/20 11:27 AM
10/12/20 11:27 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana

So your brother had mental problems played the system like a slug and it's all the drugs fault?

Your x wife got in with the wrong crowd and took you for a ride. That's all the drugs fault?

Your cousin got a little money an got back on drugs. Ofcourse all the drugs fault.

Where is the person responsible for these people and yourself for marrying the wrong woman.

I get it its easier to blame the drugs.

As far as someone getting killed over a dime bag that exactly what you advocated for dealers and repeat offenders. Wouldn't your brother, cousin, and x wife fit into that category as well?

I have no use or intrest in drugs and also have seen their effects on family members lives. But I see that as failures on their part just the same way other poor decisions they could make can also run their life.

With freedom there is freedom to choose, freedom to succeed, and freedom to fail.

With the losses of freedoms ( not freedom to do druge) and militarization of law enforcement bad things have been happening.

You may not care about raw milk or a home butchered steak but the government sure dose and I can get into more trouble than those drug dealers you advocate killing. That's what I'm talking about when I talk a out loss of freedom. You have rose colored glasses if you think drugs will ever go away. What will go away are freedoms.

I think your so locked in on your position you can't see anything else similar to our former anti trapper. I hope I'm wrong. I'm willing to explore your ideas on solutions if you actually had a plan you honestly would work.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015462
10/12/20 11:34 AM
10/12/20 11:34 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
All this drug talk and I haven't had my first cup of caffeine. frown

After a few cups, I'm packing my bags and moving to my new libertarian utopia Somalia or Minnesota. Same place right?

Last edited by Dirt; 10/12/20 12:11 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015463
10/12/20 11:42 AM
10/12/20 11:42 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

So your brother had mental problems played the system like a slug and it's all the drugs fault?

Your x wife got in with the wrong crowd and took you for a ride. That's all the drugs fault?

Your cousin got a little money an got back on drugs. Ofcourse all the drugs fault.

Where is the person responsible for these people and yourself for marrying the wrong woman.

I get it its easier to blame the drugs.

As far as someone getting killed over a dime bag that exactly what you advocated for dealers and repeat offenders. Wouldn't your brother, cousin, and x wife fit into that category as well?

I have no use or intrest in drugs and also have seen their effects on family members lives. But I see that as failures on their part just the same way other poor decisions they could make can also run their life.

With freedom there is freedom to choose, freedom to succeed, and freedom to fail.

With the losses of freedoms ( not freedom to do druge) and militarization of law enforcement bad things have been happening.

You may not care about raw milk or a home butchered steak but the government sure dose and I can get into more trouble than those drug dealers you advocate killing. That's what I'm talking about when I talk a out loss of freedom. You have rose colored glasses if you think drugs will ever go away. What will go away are freedoms.

I think your so locked in on your position you can't see anything else similar to our former anti trapper. I hope I'm wrong. I'm willing to explore your ideas on solutions if you actually had a plan you honestly would work.

While I wholeheartedly agree on choice and freedom of choice I think many things in life once chosen take away the freedom to choose. It's a well known medical fact that once acclimated withdrawal from certain drugs is a potentially lethal condition.
Just like the liar that chooses a falsehood must continue his lie or risk permanent exposure so to the drug user must continue his choice to maintain the altered reality.
So is it truly free choice at that point?

[Linked Image]
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: warrior] #7015475
10/12/20 12:06 PM
10/12/20 12:06 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana

While I wholeheartedly agree on choice and freedom of choice I think many things in life once chosen take away the freedom to choose. It's a well known medical fact that once acclimated withdrawal from certain drugs is a potentially lethal condition.
Just like the liar that chooses a falsehood must continue his lie or risk permanent exposure so to the drug user must continue his choice to maintain the altered reality.
So is it truly free choice at that point?[/quote]

Did they not have free choice the firs time knowing the risk? What about every following time tell the life altering dependency was established?

I don't to have all the answers but what has been going on the last 30 years is a failure but the mission creep and loss of freedom is quite real.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015485
10/12/20 12:16 PM
10/12/20 12:16 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
In MN we aren't allowed to ask food shelf recipients about their income, work, or any of those other things mentioned. If they apply for food, we must give it to them.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015500
10/12/20 12:28 PM
10/12/20 12:28 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I think we're polling 50%-50% to lock 'em up or let 'em go.
Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015504
10/12/20 12:30 PM
10/12/20 12:30 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
This problem goes far beyond one person sitting in the privacy of his home,there are tentacles that grow in all directions from the decisions that were made.This takes on a whole different look when others are drug into your problems unwittingly by your actions.Drugs arent going to go away.But it's foolish to think by legalizing them your going to manage them just like you would beer,alcohol,or cigarettes.Maybe the war on drugs isn't going the way we want it to at the moment,but it's a whole lot better than a legalized free for all.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015528
10/12/20 12:49 PM
10/12/20 12:49 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Well when they legalized pot here, there was no big difference in my life. The only difference that I noticed was the medias constant pot legalization coverage that seems to have died down now. Did notice more open usage. I think some of the greenhouses went out of business, but I'm not positive.

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015534
10/12/20 12:54 PM
10/12/20 12:54 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
We haven't even gotten into a discussion of one substance vs another bit I see the pro drug crowd using just the one to justify the availability of all.

I would be open to discussion on a case by case basis.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread