No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015538
10/12/20 01:08 PM
10/12/20 01:08 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

So your brother had mental problems played the system like a slug and it's all the drugs fault?

You shouldnt call a grieving mans dead brother names.

You must not have been raised right.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Boco] #7015541
10/12/20 01:13 PM
10/12/20 01:13 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Boco

So your brother had mental problems played the system like a slug and it's all the drugs fault?

I see no name calling? confused

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015556
10/12/20 01:30 PM
10/12/20 01:30 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Your x wife got in with the wrong crowd and took you for a ride. That's all the drugs fault?

Your cousin got a little money an got back on drugs. Ofcourse all the drugs fault.

Where is the person responsible for these people and yourself for marrying the wrong woman.

I get it its easier to blame the drugs.

As far as someone getting killed over a dime bag that exactly what you advocated for dealers and repeat offenders. Wouldn't your brother, cousin, and x wife fit into that category as well?

I have no use or intrest in drugs and also have seen their effects on family members lives. But I see that as failures on their part just the same way other poor decisions they could make can also run their life.

With freedom there is freedom to choose, freedom to succeed, and freedom to fail.

With the losses of freedoms ( not freedom to do druge) and militarization of law enforcement bad things have been happening.

You may not care about raw milk or a home butchered steak but the government sure dose and I can get into more trouble than those drug dealers you advocate killing. That's what I'm talking about when I talk a out loss of freedom. You have rose colored glasses if you think drugs will ever go away. What will go away are freedoms.

I think your so locked in on your position you can't see anything else similar to our former anti trapper. I hope I'm wrong. I'm willing to explore your ideas on solutions if you actually had a plan you honestly would work.

Quit throwing out Red Herrings, I am not stupid enough to chase them.

It would of been way better for everyone involved if my brother, cousin and xwife got wacked instead of destroying the lives of everyone around them in the process of killing themselves. If I could go back in time ide kill my brother (who I loved) myself and make him disappear so that my mom wouldn't have had to go check on him only to find he had been dead in a hot apartment for a week...

You think I am locked in my ideas? You are the one advocating for the easy uncontroversial method of dealing with the problem, you are taking a very mainstream view. Remember being 21 a bit drunk and stupid? What would have happened if someone said "here snort this line", would you have done it? Are you sure? Would you have gotten hooked on opioids? Are you sure? I've seen drugs grab people who you would never suspect and not let go, there is no reason to make them more easily accessible and socially accessible.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Dirt] #7015559
10/12/20 01:32 PM
10/12/20 01:32 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Dirt

I see no name calling? confused

OK slug-my bad.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015562
10/12/20 01:39 PM
10/12/20 01:39 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Definition of name-calling

: the use of offensive names especially to win an argument or to induce rejection or condemnation (as of a person or project) without objective consideration of the facts"

Now I see why you called me a name. smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015565
10/12/20 01:52 PM
10/12/20 01:52 PM
South Dakota
M
M.S. Pickins Offline
trapper
M.S. Pickins  Offline
trapper
M

South Dakota
Government and other people need to mind their own business. If ones actions do not directly affect you in any reasonable way shut your pie hole and take your indignance elsewhere. Anyone who claims to love freedom but then calls the cops on their neighbor for having a little pot is what's wrong with this country. Cut down on social programs and public services, lower the taxes, fewer laws, let people be.

Last edited by M.S. Pickins; 10/12/20 01:54 PM.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: ] #7015567
10/12/20 01:54 PM
10/12/20 01:54 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Mark June
One of biggest border confiscations happened this weekend,

CPB discovered 1,816 packages co-mingled with medical supplies. Included in the haul was approximately 3,014 pounds of methamphetamine, 64 pounds of heroin, 29 pounds of fentanyl powder and almost 37 pounds of fentanyl pills, worth an estimated $7.2 million.

[Linked Image]

A Mexican citizen was arrested.

I think there's a small sign in the lower right hand trailer corner that reads; "Do not send to AK."

And they let truck loads of Corona and tequila across the border no problem. And that will make it here to kill people just the same.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015578
10/12/20 02:07 PM
10/12/20 02:07 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

So are we;
A one nation under God, with liberty and justice for all?
Or individuals going about this, that, and the other thing?

whistle

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015583
10/12/20 02:20 PM
10/12/20 02:20 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Im not the smarest guy on here but I can look around and see what the affects of drug addictions have on society. Along with the affect of a decline in moral values.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: ] #7015590
10/12/20 02:28 PM
10/12/20 02:28 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Mark June
So are we;
A one nation under God, with liberty and justice for all?
Or individuals going about this, that, and the other thing?

whistle

Does the Constitution protect individual liberty or morals? Should the government be in the moral enforcing business, when it infringes on individual liberty. I love liberty. Most people seem to want to tell other people how they should live. When this happens, people have very little liberty. That is why we have so little liberty now.

The latest example : the corona idiocy.

Last edited by Dirt; 10/12/20 02:32 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015593
10/12/20 02:45 PM
10/12/20 02:45 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Your x wife got in with the wrong crowd and took you for a ride. That's all the drugs fault?

Your cousin got a little money an got back on drugs. Ofcourse all the drugs fault.

Where is the person responsible for these people and yourself for marrying the wrong woman.

I get it its easier to blame the drugs.

As far as someone getting killed over a dime bag that exactly what you advocated for dealers and repeat offenders. Wouldn't your brother, cousin, and x wife fit into that category as well?

I have no use or intrest in drugs and also have seen their effects on family members lives. But I see that as failures on their part just the same way other poor

Quit throwing out Red Herrings, I am not stupid enough to chase them.

It would of been way better for everyone involved if my brother, cousin and xwife got wacked instead of destroying the lives of everyone around them in the process of killing themselves. If I could go back in time ide kill my brother (who I loved) myself and make him disappear so that my mom wouldn't have had to go check on him only to find he had been dead in a hot apartment for a week...

You think I am locked in my ideas? You are the one advocating for the easy uncontroversial method of dealing with the problem, you are taking a very mainstream view. Remember being 21 a bit drunk and stupid? What would have happened if someone said "here snort this line", would you have done it? Are you sure? Would you have gotten hooked on opioids? Are you sure? I've seen drugs grab people who you would never suspect and not let go, there is no reason to make them more easily accessible and socially accessible.

The issues are directly linked not red herrings I'm sory you can't see the direct correlation and cause an effect.

I get it what your brothers addiction did to your family is horrible and happens in the best of families.
News flash being illegal did not change the outcome. Maybe if they make it more supper illegal that will help?

As far as rembervwhen I was 21 and what would I do if. What makes you think working construction as a Union Ironworker all types of drugs were not offered and suggested on and off the job. I'm here to tell you they were and at 18 not 21. So yes I know how I would choose and yes I'm sure becuse I did.

Seems like your playing the left's game of what if.... I'm pointing out what is an actual direct result of freedoms lost in areas not drug related.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015596
10/12/20 02:47 PM
10/12/20 02:47 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

We should legalize all drugs. All of them for adults to use as they deem fit for themselves. I don't want or need the government telling me what I can and cannot do with my body. Likewise, I don't want the government telling you either. And I don't want or need other people pushing their bad anecdotal experiences onto me or anyone else in an attempt to stifle freedom.

Otherwise, let's be consistent. Ban alcohol, sugar, tobacco, prescription pain killers, spray paint, etc. While we are at it, let's ban social media (and I guess the internet) too. I read that it's addictive. Oh, and GUNS! We should ban them too if we are being consistent. Bad and/or stupid people do harm with guns.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015598
10/12/20 02:51 PM
10/12/20 02:51 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
There are many immoral things that cause immeasurable harm to our society - adultery, divorce, slothfulness, lying. None of these acts is victimless. They each have long tentacles that have direct and negative consequences on other people and on our society as a whole. Yet, we do not make those immoral acts criminal and punish people for doing them. Why not? I'm sure our society would be better off on the whole if we did.

In the same way, I know drug abuse has far reaching and negative consequences on a family, a community, and a whole nation. But we can't use the good of the majority as an excuse to use the powers of government to violate the sovereign rights of an individual. To do so is the very definition of the "tyranny of the majority". Our constitution was founded on the principles of protecting the sovereign rights of the individuals - even when it negatively impacts the majority.

I think much of our problems in this nation are due to the fact that we do not protect peoples individual freedoms or make them suffer the consequences of their own choices, decisions, and actions.

So, I don't doubt that our society would be worse off if drugs were legal. But I do not accept that as justification for violation of the right for any person to put whatever substance they choose into their own body. Freedom isn't free. There's a high price to pay for freedom. Are you willing to pay it?

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Boco] #7015599
10/12/20 02:52 PM
10/12/20 02:52 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana

Sorry anyone that kills themselves has mental issues and his own brother pointed out his choices cost to the system. I'm not going to sugar coat it nor am I politically correct.

I'm also not advocating murder or locking people in cages for victimless crimes. If that's not being raised right I'm glad I was raised wrong.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015607
10/12/20 03:07 PM
10/12/20 03:07 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Kind of reminds me of the story of the six blind guys feeling different parts of an elephant and then describing what the elephant looks like. Not every model successful citizen is on the straight and narrow. Not every junkie that overdosed would have survived had drugs been totally unavailable.
When I went to high school in Texas roughly 55 of the 59 graduating seniors smoked weed to one extent or another. They also went on to become productive members of society. Bank VP. Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers business owners etc... Yes there were some failures, but I don’t believe the percentage was any higher than any other segment of society. I do know of two people that ran afoul of the LAW and were sentenced to 10 years in a state penitentiary for possession of less than a gram of the devil weed. The war on drugs has created a black market ( can I say that? ) just like prohibition did with alcohol. Which created a slew of gangsters just like prohibition. Interesting side note, in early 90s the Sheriff and several deputies of this small town were busted running their own little dope ring. LMAO over that one. These international gangsters have amassed huge fortunes just like JOE KENNEDY did running rum out of Cuba. President JFK was funded in his run for prez with the proceeds of smuggling contraband (alcohol). OHHH THE HORROR!! As I said before blind men describing an elephant.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015663
10/12/20 04:03 PM
10/12/20 04:03 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
I absolutely do not believe you knew two people who went to prison for any amount of time, let alone 10 years, for less than a gram of weed.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015678
10/12/20 04:20 PM
10/12/20 04:20 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Then you no nothing of the penalties imposed in Texas in the late sixties early seventies. Ten yrs for possession was quite common class A Felony.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015688
10/12/20 04:42 PM
10/12/20 04:42 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I'm trying to remember the math skills I learned in college--7 grams to a quarter bag...….I can't remember though how many joints I rolled per quarter. I think it was 5 ish.

That's a lot of time for a gram of marijuana, but Oklahoma and Texas were similar in their crazy hatred of a plant. At least Oklahoma loosened up recently.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015690
10/12/20 04:46 PM
10/12/20 04:46 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Strike that. At least 10--maybe 15.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Blaine County] #7015702
10/12/20 05:07 PM
10/12/20 05:07 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Strike that. At least 10--maybe 15.

15 per quarter?? I don't think I have ever counted.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread