No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Who is still going after mrats this fall...? [Re: Gary Benson] #7018396
10/15/20 08:10 PM
10/15/20 08:10 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Firm believer in stoploss. Now, the question is Victor or B&L? I prefer the B&L. The whack'em spring comes from opposition directions on each trap. I find it hard to compress the spring of the trap and the whack'em spring together.

B&L all the way.The older Victors with the rectangular pan aren't too bad either.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Who is still going after mrats this fall...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7018401
10/15/20 08:14 PM
10/15/20 08:14 PM
ny
S
Starcraft_Dart Offline
trapper
Starcraft_Dart  Offline
trapper
S

ny
I have a few hundred stoploss traps that I have never used. I was thinking about trying them this year.

Re: Who is still going after mrats this fall...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7018408
10/15/20 08:18 PM
10/15/20 08:18 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Where I trap is a federal refuge with a special drawing permit. It's always after freeze-up so it's limited to houses and push-ups. I'm too old to dig into houses so I just stick with the pushups. smile Generally when you get to a push-up you can hear the rat splash into the water. Set around a lake, then go right back around and check them, and you will have a very respectable catch. Even an hour after they are set.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 10/15/20 08:20 PM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread