No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Coyote Kill #7019114
10/16/20 04:46 PM
10/16/20 04:46 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline OP
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline OP
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
This first picture is to show the condition the buck was in on Sept. 29th.

[Linked Image]

Second picture of the dead buck on the morning of Oct. 2nd. when my dog Roscoe found him.

[Linked Image]

Third picture of indications the coyote, or coyotes , hamstrung the buck where dried blood down the inside of both hind legs show the buck was bleeding.
Coyote, or coyotes followed him until he bled out and then fed on him. You can also see the blood in the second picture.

[Linked Image]

I think this shows that predators don't always kill the sick, old, or weak animals.

I set several traps with different lure away from the carcass on trails. I put a tarp over the carcass in the daytime to keep buzzards away. But wild hogs found it on the third or fourth night and nothing was left but a little hair. They even ate the horns.
Nothing ever fed on the carcass until the hogs found it.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Coyote Kill [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7019131
10/16/20 05:25 PM
10/16/20 05:25 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

CH,

I usually find that coyotes in south Texas rarely come back to the carcass. Wish they would. They only hunt hard a time or two a week and by that time, everything and his cousin has eaten the carcass up.

Good luck on catching 'em.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Coyote Kill [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7019133
10/16/20 05:30 PM
10/16/20 05:30 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Like you I'd take it as sign they take down a lot of game when they get thick and all the more reason to thin them out.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread