No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The owls are worse [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7021998
10/20/20 08:33 AM
10/20/20 08:33 AM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
I give owls time if they step out of line...
[Linked Image]
Actually this poor little bugger(screech owl) was being mobbed by crow on my lawn. I could see the crows were after something alive, went out it was an owl. I put a laundry basket over it and called the DEC. The Officer took it to a rehab place. The owl had minor injury, it had a short stay and released. Owls have never been a problem here, the main problem was a neighborhood dog. The dog had a daily routine harassing and killing my chickens, the problem was resolved when I explained to them my plans on dealing with the problem.

Let's go Brandon!
Re: The owls are worse [Re: rendezvous] #7022015
10/20/20 08:52 AM
10/20/20 08:52 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by rendezvous
I give owls time if they step out of line...
[Linked Image]
Actually this poor little bugger(screech owl) was being mobbed by crow on my lawn. I could see the crows were after something alive, went out it was an owl. I put a laundry basket over it and called the DEC. The Officer took it to a rehab place. The owl had minor injury, it had a short stay and released. Owls have never been a problem here, the main problem was a neighborhood dog. The dog had a daily routine harassing and killing my chickens, the problem was resolved when I explained to them my plans on dealing with the problem.

Sweet deal on the owl rehab. Last Thanksgiving I picked up a bard owl off the interstate that had a compound fractured leg. I got it to the state rehaber and it was released in march. That was the 2nd owl and I picked up one hawk also.
I found when warning the neighbors about the solution to my of problem their stock killing problem causing pets it dose nothing for the problem but does bring them to your front door when fido goes missing. Those confrontations led me to for go the warning. Then fluffy just dissapeared problem solved without the possibility of me ending up in jail.

Re: The owls are worse [Re: Providence Farm] #7022686
10/20/20 10:05 PM
10/20/20 10:05 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Providence
I have had the opportunity to fly some birds during a meet. It was very fun and interesting. My daughter was really wanting to get involved as was I but I didn't have the time. She did but even going to a few meets and joining what ever organization they had the guys are older and clickish and pretty well blew her off thinking she wanted a cool pet. " o honey this is a blood sport" no crap well to make it a short story we gave up on it.

I guess it will be a dead sport considering they don't want to help get youngster's involved. O well their choice.

The Ohio falconers I know do a decent job recruiting young people and women. Their numbers are growing. I have a young adult, female falconer coming over on Saturday for some pigeons to train a Cooper's hawk on. I don't know any Indiana falconers. I know mostly Ohio falconers and a very few from Kentucky, West Virginia and Michigan. If you're close to Ohio, I could give you the contact information for someone who could find your daughter a master. I could also introduce you to some people you could go on a hunt with.

Keith

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread