No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7022553
10/20/20 08:21 PM
10/20/20 08:21 PM
NW MO
T
TurkeyTime Offline OP
trapper
TurkeyTime  Offline OP
trapper
T

NW MO
new question in original post

Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7022563
10/20/20 08:31 PM
10/20/20 08:31 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by TurkeyTime
Hello. Today and tomorrow our house is getting shingled. Cloudy and temp in the 40's both days. Weds cloudy and chance of rain. Thursday mostly sunny, 80, but 20-30 mph wind, we live on a hill and the south wind will be hitting the roof full on. Not sure about the pitch but it is relatively steep. I am hoping the shingles can seal Thursday AM from the sun before the wind really picks up. Just wondering what your thoughts are? Nothing can be done about it now and I am not paying until after Thursday. 40 year Malarkey shingles that get 6 nails per shingle. Can't change the weather just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about how the shingles may fair. Thanks for your thoughts.
NEW QUESTION
Roofing crew finished today and it looks good. When I got a bid from one company one of their selling points was the ice dam barrier in all valleys and above the gutters. When I talked to the sales guy of the company I went with they only did it in the valleys. I asked if they could do it above the gutters. He said yes. Our house pitch is kind of steep, we live in NW MO, and the house is cape cod type with no overhang so it probably doesn't need it but I thought it sounded good and was part of the deal. I confirmed it with him 3 other times with Sat being the most recent. Yesterday I told the site manager (that came and went) and he said he would tell the crew chief. This AM I asked the crew chief about it (hard to understand) and it sound like it may or may not have got done. This afternoon I checked and if it is supposed to be sitting on top of the gutter apron it is not there but is in the valleys. I will bring it up to the sales guy before I pay. QUESTION: What would you do? Job was $9500. Money off and amount? Thank you for your time.

No idea how important it is in your area but here at least one and ideally two courses of ice and water shield is a must with our weather conditions.

Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7022589
10/20/20 08:49 PM
10/20/20 08:49 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Here in PA it is in most local building codes that ice and water shield be installed in the valleys and the first course (36") of the eaves.

Eh...wot?

Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7022646
10/20/20 09:30 PM
10/20/20 09:30 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Ice n water shield should be a non issue in a modern built/insulated home.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7022944
10/21/20 07:52 AM
10/21/20 07:52 AM
south east lancaster co. PA.
T
TRAPPER TOM Offline
trapper
TRAPPER TOM  Offline
trapper
T

south east lancaster co. PA.
Turkey time
I would have them prove the ice and water shield is installed, otherwise they better discount the job
here in the east its code to have it installed at gutter line. we can get a lot of ice damming
the valleys need flashing anyway so ide be surprised if they were not done.
ive been selling roofing for 36 yrs

PASS IT ON OR LOSE IT
Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7023176
10/21/20 12:18 PM
10/21/20 12:18 PM
NW WI
schweg2 Offline
trapper
schweg2  Offline
trapper

NW WI
I don’t know about your state but when I was roofing it was code to have ice and water a foot minimum past exterior wall and inspector had to verify it either from pictures or on site.
We did plenty of roofs in the cold and never have had a callback, like stated earlier a lot of blow offs is from improper nailing.

Re: Shingle roofing weather question [Re: TurkeyTime] #7023229
10/21/20 01:09 PM
10/21/20 01:09 PM

O
Oh Snap
Unregistered
Oh Snap
Unregistered
O

If you didn't get it in writing in your proposal/contract you might have a problem. Talk is cheap!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread