Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support Lenon's Lures, our sponsor for the Kids Forum Page)
Print Thread
Hop To
Mentoring #7021003
10/19/20 12:07 AM
10/19/20 12:07 AM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline OP
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline OP
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Does anyone know if any state wildlife commissions offer a trapping mentoring program & if so what are their rules and guide lines? Every state should offer something like this. There has to be many experienced trappers that would volunteer time on either a group or individual basis to teach young or old how to trap. The future of trapping needs this.

Re: Mentoring [Re: patrapperbuster] #7022690
10/20/20 10:08 PM
10/20/20 10:08 PM
Ohio, USA
Ave Offline
trapper
Ave  Offline
trapper

Ohio, USA
I agree, trapping could really use something like that. I see interest is definitely falling. For a couple years, I’ve offered to take kids trapping, and even offered to give away some traps to any kids interested. I never found anyone in my area anyways. Our county’s conservation club sometimes offers education classes, but I personally don’t know of anything offered by the state except for the education course to get a license. I sure wish we could set up something like this. If we don’t, the future of trapping is definitely at risk. The lack of competition on the line is nice at times, but I know it’s really a bad thing to be seeing.

Ave don't go where the beaver don't flow
Re: Mentoring [Re: Ave] #7023322
10/21/20 03:13 PM
10/21/20 03:13 PM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline OP
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline OP
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Well said Ave. Being near retirement i've been thinking about putting ad in advertising papers to offer free trapping instruction to young or old. People can always donate a subscription of "AMERICAN TRAPPER" or similar to local librarys or schools also.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bogmaster