No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? [Re: Providence Farm] #7023953
10/22/20 08:13 AM
10/22/20 08:13 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Isn't it intriguing that most in this country steeped in incredibly strong individualism are taught (urged) by culture to work it out by yourself: man up, sort it out, get over it, don't cry, stick with it, own it, push through, sort through it, beat this thing, and a 1,000 more isms just like these. We've all heard 'em because we were taught them our whole life.

Q: Is individualism the best way to deal with "stuff" and sort it all out?
Sometimes maybe. But if it is.....
Then why the deep chasm of grief over a loved one? Especially the loss of a child.
That's the opposite of "go it alone." That's missing someone else = the opposite of alone, true?
Maybe being with others we care about and care about us might work better,
but culture teaches us, once again, methods and ways that are backwards, not nourishing, to our mind, body, and soul. Shocker.

It was said by the only One who knows all this for 100% sure,
"it is not good for the man to be alone."
Wonder who does their best work in us when we remain alone?
Wishes the opposite of anything good for us and cheers on the misery and destructive ways?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? [Re: keystone] #7023959
10/22/20 08:27 AM
10/22/20 08:27 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by keystone
A good reminder that no matter what, someone is having an even worse day than you. I try to remind myself of that and count my blessings but we all have bad days.

Yes!^^^

I tell my Wife when a I do...even admitting the mood helps.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? [Re: Providence Farm] #7023990
10/22/20 09:22 AM
10/22/20 09:22 AM
Hot Springs SD
L
Larry Bowden Offline
trapper
Larry Bowden  Offline
trapper
L

Hot Springs SD
Providence,
I sympathize with you and hope you shake this. Sorry to hear about your son. I cannot imagine the pain. Wishing you the best my friend.
Found out 2 weeks ago that my cancer is detectable again. Been four and a half year battle so far.
I can't seem to get my mind in a good place.

Western SD Fur Harvesters, SDTA, NTA, FTA and life member of NRA. Cancer survivor (7 years) and still fighting it.
Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? [Re: Providence Farm] #7024019
10/22/20 10:22 AM
10/22/20 10:22 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Online content
trapper
west river rogue  Online Content
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
best wishes Larry!!!

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? [Re: west river rogue] #7024063
10/22/20 11:31 AM
10/22/20 11:31 AM
Humboldt County, NV
M
MoCat Offline
trapper
MoCat  Offline
trapper
M

Humboldt County, NV
I used to call my wife "Sunshine" as she was always happy, smiling until we lost our adult son and only child in 2017. I wish I had the "old" wife back. They told her in therapy that she needs to let go of what's gone and be grateful for what remains. Wife says easy for someone to say that never experienced a loss. Mother's Day, his birthday and holidays are the worst. I have bad, sad days too but try not to let her know. Unless you've experienced the loss of a child no matter their age it leaves a huge hole in your heart.
Morris

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? [Re: Providence Farm] #7024064
10/22/20 11:33 AM
10/22/20 11:33 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Online content
trapper
k snow  Online Content
trapper
K

east central WI
Seems like loss is a huge driver for "grouchy" days. I can't imagine losing a child. I have only lost older relations, but those days are huge triggers for me to be in a bad mood.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread