No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024557
10/22/20 09:06 PM
10/22/20 09:06 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Wow that's incredible car. Fastest I've gone is 117 then the governor kicked in frown

I bet that was a sight to see

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: adam m] #7024764
10/22/20 11:18 PM
10/22/20 11:18 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by adam m
Wow that's incredible car. Fastest I've gone is 117 then the governor kicked in frown

I bet that was a sight to see

Again , that was 'indicated' speed at 145mph , yes I had tall gears at 2.71's in the rear axle but speedometers were notoriously inaccurate at high speeds for the time. Correct speed was somewhere around 120mph to 125mph I guess.
My brother a couple years before that had a '68 Plymouth Fury with a 383 magnum. It had a square shaped speedometer common back then. The speedo went to 120mph. We had multiple times pegged the speedo , gone across the bottom (no lines of speed there) and came back to 20mph after passing the bottom 'blank' area.

Ahh , to be young and stupid again....and not care....lol

NRA benefactor member
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024791
10/22/20 11:44 PM
10/22/20 11:44 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
32 years of policing, fastest I drove at in pursuit was 210 km/hr (130mph). That's the fastest we ever had in our fleet and I don't remember what it was. When I started we had a plymouth product with a 440 but as a rookie never got it. other then that we never had any true performance vehicles. It was not uncommon for us to have gas pedals pinned on our multi lane hwy just to stay in the game. I'm sure there's departments in the U.S. that have decent performance vehicles and I've heard some departments can keep performance vehicles seized as proceeds of crime?

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7024797
10/22/20 11:53 PM
10/22/20 11:53 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
Crit-R-Dun ,
Police vehicles usually have certified speedometers. If you did 130mph , I would bet it was 131mph or 129mph. Or even exactly 130mph. Police cars have to have accurate speedometers for documentation in court cases for speeding offenders like myself....lol
Most police vehicles have printed right on the speedo ' certified '

Last edited by Cragar; 10/22/20 11:54 PM.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024806
10/23/20 12:01 AM
10/23/20 12:01 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Cragar
Crit-R-Dun ,
Police vehicles usually have certified speedometers. If you did 130mph , I would bet it was 131mph or 129mph. Or even exactly 130mph. Police cars have to have accurate speedometers for documentation in court cases for speeding offenders like myself....lol

For years we radar tested them weekly anyway as part of our fleet management and filled out cards for certification for court purposes.

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7024816
10/23/20 12:16 AM
10/23/20 12:16 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Crit-R-Dun ,

For years we radar tested them weekly anyway as part of our fleet management and filled out cards for certification for court purposes.

Driven many a police car as a mechanic , this is why I know this.
Good practice to use radar guns to 'calibrate' your patrol vehicle , bet that helped BIG time in court.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024822
10/23/20 12:23 AM
10/23/20 12:23 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Clocking cars by pacing under cover of darkness is from an era long ago now with the sophistication of modern moving radar.

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024855
10/23/20 01:24 AM
10/23/20 01:24 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
That's awesome crager. I doubt the speedo was that far off in your car. That's awesome your brother pushed the needle back to 20.

Crit r, there's a lot of police issued Chargers here. There's a few corvettes too but they are mainly used for pretty. The crown vics are mainly back ups/ rookies. SUV's are typically used by dectectives, Sgt and up. There's plenty of high end and supped up cars used by undercovers. My buddy was Uc and I'd constantly see him in various vehicles everything from beat up to luxury cars

Last edited by adam m; 10/23/20 01:28 AM. Reason: Added text.
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024876
10/23/20 03:26 AM
10/23/20 03:26 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
You can't get decent food in Canada on the Alaska-Canada Highway either. Even their hamburgers and spaghetti are inedible.

I've driven up or down the Alcan three times and have never found good food in Canada. Next time we'll take our own food and a stove.

Yet, as soon as you cross back into the US, going either direction, the food immediately jumps in quality.

Someone should teach Canadians how to cook.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: James] #7024933
10/23/20 06:55 AM
10/23/20 06:55 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by James
You can't get decent food in Canada on the Alaska-Canada Highway either. Even their hamburgers and spaghetti are inedible.

I've driven up or down the Alcan three times and have never found good food in Canada. Next time we'll take our own food and a stove.

Yet, as soon as you cross back into the US, going either direction, the food immediately jumps in quality.

Jim

Jim, it's poor value for your money at Canadian restaurants, there's no doubt about it. It's a tight budget, high profit philosophy that results in a lousy end product. I've done a lot of travelling through Ontario and down through the major routes to the south and Florida especially when the kids were young. It was always a pleasure to get into the States and start enjoying great restaurant food, generous portions and usually much higher quality service. It's not a reflection on individual Canadian's ability to cook.

Last edited by Crit-R-Dun; 10/23/20 06:56 AM.
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: ] #7024934
10/23/20 06:56 AM
10/23/20 06:56 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Twolines
Boco, you say Canada has never lost a war? What war has canada won? How many troops on the ground water and air? I’m very curious but not enough to google it myself.

grin

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7024953
10/23/20 07:36 AM
10/23/20 07:36 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Again , that was 'indicated' speed at 145mph , yes I had tall gears at 2.71's in the rear axle but speedometers were notoriously inaccurate at high speeds for the time. Correct speed was somewhere around 120mph to 125mph I guess.
My brother a couple years before that had a '68 Plymouth Fury with a 383 magnum. It had a square shaped speedometer common back then. The speedo went to 120mph. We had multiple times pegged the speedo , gone across the bottom (no lines of speed there) and came back to 20mph after passing the bottom 'blank' area.

Ahh , to be young and stupid again....and not care....lol

I grew up in the muscle car era and was an active participant. LOL

I didn't know that about speedos. I used to max out the speedometer on my wife's 79 Z28 at 140. I'm kinda disappointed to hear I wasn't really going that fast.

i really wish I still had some of the cars and engines from back then.

Eh...wot?

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: adam m] #7024957
10/23/20 07:41 AM
10/23/20 07:41 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
That's awesome crager. I doubt the speedo was that far off in your car. That's awesome your brother pushed the needle back to 20.

Crit r, there's a lot of police issued Chargers here. There's a few corvettes too but they are mainly used for pretty. The crown vics are mainly back ups/ rookies. SUV's are typically used by dectectives, Sgt and up. There's plenty of high end and supped up cars used by undercovers. My buddy was Uc and I'd constantly see him in various vehicles everything from beat up to luxury cars

You just reminded me that one of our professional spin team members drove a grand national in the late 80s for a couple years.

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: ] #7024976
10/23/20 08:14 AM
10/23/20 08:14 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Boco, you say Canada has never lost a war? What war has canada won? How many troops on the ground water and air? I’m very curious but not enough to google it myself.

Easy! Don't dis our military, you should see them fill sand bags when the St. Lawrence starts to flood!

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7024986
10/23/20 08:23 AM
10/23/20 08:23 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Easy! Don't dis our military, you should see them fill sand bags when the St. Lawrence starts to flood!

O I wish we had a rep button on this sight.

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7025011
10/23/20 09:01 AM
10/23/20 09:01 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm

You just reminded me that one of our professional spin team members drove a grand national in the late 80s for a couple years.

I like Grand Nationals. Years ago I had a neighbor with a special edition one that was black on black. I forget the details of it since it's been close to 20 years. You could hear his car rumbling across the apartment complex while idling

Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Boco] #7033230
10/31/20 01:58 AM
10/31/20 01:58 AM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I always find it amazing the US pays for something like 80% of NATO. We spend more on defense than the next 5 or more counties combined.
Everyone knows what would happen to them of they attack Canada or any other of our allies. The US would come save them. So we are a big welfare provider of defences. All those other countries can rest easy and spend their money on other things. After all they really dont need much of a military Uncle Sam has their back.

Just like our welfare class part of the population it didn't take long for all those countries to develop an entitlement mentality. Now when told to live up to their obligations just like out welfare class they want to burn down and bit the hand that feeds them..

I guess its human nature and everyone from #2 to the bottom feeders act the same weather its people within one nation or multiple countries. Probably why algorithms can seem like they predict the future.

What a crock^^^
Canada was fighting in both world wars long before the States ever got involved-and only after they were attacked by the Japs.
Plus Canada has never lost a war,so we dont need your help in that department,lol.

If Canada is so great why did the USA have to get involved? Shoulda had it handled without us, o great Canada

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: James] #7033231
10/31/20 02:23 AM
10/31/20 02:23 AM
The Panhandle of Alaska
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

The Panhandle of Alaska

Jim

They live off of poutaine, you dingbat!

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: mad_mike] #7033232
10/31/20 02:55 AM
10/31/20 02:55 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by mad_mike

Jim

They live off of poutaine, you dingbat!

Whatever that is, it has to be better than what they pass off as food in their restaurants.

When Boco claims Canada has never lost a war (unlike the US), he's counting the War of 1812, as it's known in America.

Looked at from the mircrocosm of Canada, that war included a victory for Canada on the US northern front because they repelled an attack by American forces.

But looked at from the big picture of Britain versus the US, the outcome of the war was an American victory because Britain (Canada's master) acceded to all US demands. Once Britain acceded, the deal was done; no assent by Canada was required to end the war.

Jim

Last edited by James; 10/31/20 02:57 AM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Make America Great Again [Re: Cragar] #7033272
10/31/20 06:35 AM
10/31/20 06:35 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Being subject to England it's no surprise Canada entered both world wars sooner than the US

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread