No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024224
10/22/20 02:56 PM
10/22/20 02:56 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
No high fences around here. There is a wetlands in the area but not ideal deer habitat. Owned by no one? The state claims ownership of all wildlife even if on private land..The state stocked elk around here on private land. They go wherever they want and do tens of thousands worth of crop damage, yet the farmer isn't allowed to protect his crops and the state says "oh well, deal with it."
The farmer gets an occasional landowner permit. And has to pay for it, of course. Just a sore spot for me. The State owns all the wildlife yet the private landowner feeds them and provides the shelter.

State holds the animals in trust for the Public. You can't own the animal until you reduce it to possession.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024231
10/22/20 03:04 PM
10/22/20 03:04 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Quiet country out that way. I suppose they figured no one would be the wiser. Not.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Providence Farm] #7024243
10/22/20 03:22 PM
10/22/20 03:22 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
No high fences around here. There is a wetlands in the area but not ideal deer habitat. Owned by no one? The state claims ownership of all wildlife even if on private land..The state stocked elk around here on private land. They go wherever they want and do tens of thousands worth of crop damage, yet the farmer isn't allowed to protect his crops and the state says "oh well, deal with it."
The farmer gets an occasional landowner permit. And has to pay for it, of course. Just a sore spot for me. The State owns all the wildlife yet the private landowner feeds them and provides the shelter.

The it's the kings game for sure.
Don't forget that when they run in the road and scrap your truck the state no longer claims ownership. But if my cow gets out and into the road I am 100% liable.

You got that right, about 50,000 car deer accident's in Michigan every year.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024432
10/22/20 07:17 PM
10/22/20 07:17 PM
Wisconsin
G
Green Bay Offline
trapper
Green Bay  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Poachers are thieves. The pursuit of big racks has led a lot of "outdoorsmen" into breaking a lot of rules. Unfortunately, the deer they took could have been the trophy of a life time for an average hunter.

Lock them up, take away their weapons and vehicles.

Brian

Author of The Lure Hunter: A Guide to Finding Fishing Lures
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024936
10/23/20 07:03 AM
10/23/20 07:03 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Online shocked OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Online Shocked OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Yep, 45 years ago I recall a fella getting his guns and pickup confiscated for pheasant and quail violations. Today it's probably deemed cruel and unusual punishment.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024960
10/23/20 07:46 AM
10/23/20 07:46 AM
Northern Missouri
Northmocats Offline
trapper
Northmocats  Offline
trapper

Northern Missouri
Good point Gary. The farmers feed the deer , but the state owns them. Well until one runs into the Road and smacks your car or causes death.. Then its a Free range animal. Just like Missouri they want to make money off them , but take no responsibility.. Conservation should pay Insurance Deductibles for deer collisions if they wanna Own them. Just like a Farmer is responsible for his cows in the Road.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024965
10/23/20 07:52 AM
10/23/20 07:52 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Who, in their right mind, can feel any sense of accomplishment or pride in jacking a big game animal on the side of a highway.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024966
10/23/20 07:57 AM
10/23/20 07:57 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
trapper
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Good question Crit.....but guys pay big bucks (sorry) for a trophy mount that they never even saw alive.....to hang in their office in the city. People are a strange animal.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7024992
10/23/20 08:33 AM
10/23/20 08:33 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
WE Had a local farmer get busted for killing deer for the rack market.
He would shoot these deer from the combine at night. Then hang them In the barn and call the guy with the money. They never even used the meat just cut off the head for a mount.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025032
10/23/20 09:29 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Yep, 45 years ago I recall a fella getting his guns and pickup confiscated for pheasant and quail violations. Today it's probably deemed cruel and unusual punishment.

States routinely take away everything that can be linked to the crime. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/enforcement/auctions/index.html

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Northmocats] #7025034
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Northmocats
Good point Gary. The farmers feed the deer , but the state owns them. Well until one runs into the Road and smacks your car or causes death.. Then its a Free range animal. Just like Missouri they want to make money off them , but take no responsibility.. Conservation should pay Insurance Deductibles for deer collisions if they wanna Own them. Just like a Farmer is responsible for his cows in the Road.

The state does not own the deer, the deer belong to the people. The states are tasked with management only.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025040
10/23/20 09:37 AM
10/23/20 09:37 AM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
Farmer's get enough substitutes. Cry cry cry they have it ruff there bailed out by State and federal governments all the time and were forced to use the gas on over produced grain. How bout forcing people to wear fur how well would that go.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: BernieB.] #7025043
10/23/20 09:46 AM
10/23/20 09:46 AM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by Northmocats

The state does not own the deer, the deer belong to the people. The states are tasked with management only.

Right on Bernie!

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025059
10/23/20 10:06 AM
10/23/20 10:06 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
When you violate for profit they need to throw the book at all parties. They need to shut this outfitter down. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025071
10/23/20 10:35 AM
10/23/20 10:35 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by nate
Farmer's get enough substitutes. Cry cry cry they have it ruff there bailed out by State and federal governments all the time and were forced to use the gas on over produced grain. How bout forcing people to wear fur how well would that go.

Kind of small minded lumping all farmers together. I can assure you I have never had a subsidized dollar. That's only for the big farmers not the small guys. We have to jump through all the regulatory hoops and navigate the government bs just to try to sell a product legally. The big farms that ge t subsidies have accounts and lawyers for that.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7025076
10/23/20 10:43 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Who, in their right mind, can feel any sense of accomplishment or pride in jacking a big game animal on the side of a highway.

Are trophy hunters right in the head? Seems like an obsession. The story of how they got their trophy will be different and their pride will be derived from others admiration and envy.

I have seen this movie.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: nate] #7025077
Sandhills Nebraska
G
trapper
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

Substitutes??? Poor wording and horrible grammar.
Farmers have to acquire land, machinery, insurance, seed, fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides, and then gamble with mother nature to raise a crop. If the Govt is going to take control of the overseas grain market, they can darn well subsidize lousy grain prices while they support illegals from other countries.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025082
10/23/20 10:51 AM
10/23/20 10:51 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Substitutes??? Poor wording and horrible grammar.
Farmers have to acquire land, machinery, insurance, seed, fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides, and then gamble with mother nature to raise a crop. If the Govt is going to take control of the overseas grain market, they can darn well subsidize lousy grain prices while they support illegals from other countries.

I will ad to this. Don't subsides the farms and they quit farming becuse of low to no profit from foreign markets with unlimited restrictions and cheap labor.( also often subsidized by their government.

How do you like all the medical suplys being made in chinia?
How would you like all your food production to be in a foreign country as well?

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025085
10/23/20 11:02 AM
10/23/20 11:02 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It's more enjoyable going through life not playing silly games. It's always easier to blame the "other guy" for our faults.
Easier to blame my wife.
Easier to blame my kids.
Easier to blame my work.
Easier to blame my church.
Easier to blame the president....

The more layers I have to blame.
The better I look grin

Nah. I missed the coyote cause I screwed up.
I snarled at my Mrs. cause I got impatient again.
It's ain't Trump's fault.

It's almost always me again.
It's more enjoyable to laugh about stupid old me everyday and roll with it...
than carry a big old basket full of everything and everyone else to blame.

I just reset the trap and roll.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: ] #7025089
10/23/20 11:08 AM
10/23/20 11:08 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
trapper
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Mark June
It's more enjoyable going through life not playing silly games. It's always easier to blame the "other guy" for our faults.
Easier to blame my wife.
Easier to blame my kids.
Easier to blame my work.
Easier to blame my church.
Easier to blame the president....

The more layers I have to blame.
The better I look grin

Nah. I missed the coyote cause I screwed up.
I snarled at my Mrs. cause I got impatient again.
It's ain't Trump's fault.

It's almost always me again.
It's more enjoyable to laugh about stupid old me everyday and roll with it...
than carry a big old basket full of everything and everyone else to blame.

I just reset the trap and roll.

Blessings,
Mark

But did you hunt and harvest your own trophy big game aminal?? smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread