No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Providence Farm] #7025142
10/23/20 12:34 PM
10/23/20 12:34 PM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by nate
Farmer's get enough substitutes. Cry cry cry they have it ruff there bailed out by State and federal governments all the time and were forced to use the gas on over produced grain. How bout forcing people to wear fur how well would that go.

Kind of small minded lumping all farmers together. I can assure you I have never had a subsidized dollar. That's only for the big farmers not the small guys. We have to jump through all the regulatory hoops and navigate the government bs just to try to sell a product legally. The big farms that ge t subsidies have accounts and lawyers for that.

Yes I'll have to agree w/ you I should not lump you all together. But there is a lot of bs out there as well.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: BernieB.] #7025151
10/23/20 12:42 PM
10/23/20 12:42 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Yep, 45 years ago I recall a fella getting his guns and pickup confiscated for pheasant and quail violations. Today it's probably deemed cruel and unusual punishment.

States routinely take away everything that can be linked to the crime. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/enforcement/auctions/index.html

So true and such an important distinction! I can't be believe the number of outdoorsman who think that the wildlife belongs to either the state or that it belongs to nobody. The truth is that the game and fish belong to all the people of a state and it is held in trust by the state for the people. Same way with rivers and navigable waterways. It is the responsibility of the state to manage and protect these valuable resources that belong to "we the people".

This is the very opposite of the "king's deer" and an important American distinction and ideal.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025193
10/23/20 01:42 PM
10/23/20 01:42 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Originally Posted by Mark June
It's more enjoyable going through life not playing silly games. It's always easier to blame the "other guy" for our faults.
Easier to blame my wife.
Easier to blame my kids.
Easier to blame my work.
Easier to blame my church.
Easier to blame the president....

The more layers I have to blame.
The better I look grin

Nah. I missed the coyote cause I screwed up.
I snarled at my Mrs. cause I got impatient again.
It's ain't Trump's fault.

It's almost always me again.
It's more enjoyable to laugh about stupid old me everyday and roll with it...
than carry a big old basket full of everything and everyone else to blame.

I just reset the trap and roll.

Blessings,
Mark

But did you hunt and harvest your own trophy big game aminal?? smile

I always think of the venison or elk or moose we shoot sitting in all the gravy with the spuds and onions so horns have never held as much charm for us.
We come from a long line of Anglo hunter gatherers. We eat animals. 1000 generations ago mastodons. Today quesadillas.

laugh

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025243
10/23/20 03:27 PM
10/23/20 03:27 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
At least quesadillas are easy to sneak up on. laugh

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025253
10/23/20 03:41 PM
10/23/20 03:41 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Viva la nachos!!!!
Get 'em boys.

Re: Nebraska outfitter BUSTED big time [Re: Gary Benson] #7025713
10/23/20 11:58 PM
10/23/20 11:58 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
I'm not impressed with the story. LEOs allowed outfitter to continue over five years. New clients and what, dozens of animals killed? Wildlife enforcement entities are like PR firms. Looking for the big story! Apparently could have busted this outfitter years before. So what if charges are just misdemeanour. Stop the bad guy and get a few clients. That's enough of a message to the other potential violators.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread