No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who done it? (Attempted livestock predation) [Re: Leftlane] #7025694
10/23/20 11:29 PM
10/23/20 11:29 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
chupacabra

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Who done it? (Attempted livestock predation) [Re: Trapper5123] #7025734
10/24/20 12:27 AM
10/24/20 12:27 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Trapper5123
That's some pretty county right there.

Thanks I think so but if something wants to stay out of sight there it it stays out.

Gary, you sound like every Mexican neighbor I've ever had LOL

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Who done it? (Attempted livestock predation) [Re: Sharon] #7025768
10/24/20 03:06 AM
10/24/20 03:06 AM
NY
SnareLine Offline
trapper
SnareLine  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted by Sharon
Well what do you know...my boy, Bailey, imported from Ireland, was a Hanoverian cross , 19 hands a giant , that had a swing gait at the extended trot in dressage , and could jump the biggest oxers with ease in cross-country racing . The time span between his contact posting in the trot seemed like forever.

Proves lots of times the breed doesn't always read the script and can do surprising things that another breed does.

There is an old Bedouin Tribe saying, that has been in existence for several thousand years, about mares...in paraphrase, if you want to win the war, ride a mare.

A good mare is worth her weight in gold.

Love those horses in your photos.

The mare that taught me the most, was Lazy....anything but. She was a warrior and consistent as any gelding you've ever known.

I ran her in the barrels and she cleaned up. She was the old style appy ...not many people liked riding her. She wasn't mine, her owner never rode her but loved it when we met and hired me to work with her.

I never was able to work this out of her, but at the beginning of every ride...every single ride , the moment we got up to speed, she would pull a Lippizan Capriole and leap straight up high in the air, kick out with both back feet, then once she landed, get down to business and tear up the contest time to win or nearly so. It was that mighty leap that everyone else disliked. I didn't like it either, and spent much time trying to figure out why...gear fit, changing headgear, vet checks....nothing. She did it just because...she frowned often, as in the photos in our training maneuvers. She did best with a simple D snaffle ....no leverage-nothing.

I just loved her. We had a partnership that I learned so much from, in total respect. That's all she needed.

A good mare is impossible to beat. That was a Billy Cook saddle . I later traded it for a 1923 Hamley.

She taught me how to really ride.

The bottom pic is herself beginning that leap . I wished the camera person had got it just a nanosecond later ...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

WHAT A WOMAN!! grin

Hiding our humane dispatches doesn't keep the Antis from showing their own gruesome ones. In this 1 sided story, who will the public believe, then?
Re: Who done it? (Attempted livestock predation) [Re: Leftlane] #7025769
10/24/20 03:07 AM
10/24/20 03:07 AM
NY
SnareLine Offline
trapper
SnareLine  Offline
trapper

NY
Y'all live some wonderfully God blessed lives.

Hiding our humane dispatches doesn't keep the Antis from showing their own gruesome ones. In this 1 sided story, who will the public believe, then?
Re: Who done it? (Attempted livestock predation) [Re: SnareLine] #7026394
10/24/20 06:35 PM
10/24/20 06:35 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by SnareLine
Y'all live some wonderfully God blessed lives.

Yup

Originally Posted by SnareLine

WHAT A WOMAN!! grin

Double Yup grin

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Who done it? (Attempted livestock predation) [Re: Leftlane] #7026568
10/24/20 09:25 PM
10/24/20 09:25 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Snareline , I knew you would survive , as are all those good folks in NY . Hats off to you and yours through these turbulent times.

I have seen you on here forever. Don't be so scarce . Don't make us all worry , here !

Hoss and all of us like your humour grin

Take care and keep vigilant , you tough NY trapper !

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread