No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Covid vs Hellfire #7026211
10/24/20 02:27 PM
10/24/20 02:27 PM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline OP
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline OP
trapper
K

MN
The wife and I both got Covid. She lost her sense of smell this morning so we were having some fun having her try to smell stuff around the house.She says she can’t smell a thing so I tried getting her to take a whiff of Dunlap’s Hellfire. She refused to try it. I’m praying none of you guys get covid. I’m not trying to make light of Covid, rather make the best of crappy situation. But I am curious is the loss of smell skunk proof?

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026218
10/24/20 02:38 PM
10/24/20 02:38 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
My brother felt bad for a couple days then early one morning he started his coffee. 10 minutes later he came back to see what went wrong because he couldn’t smell it. Yep coffee is made!! Opened up the Folgers coffee can and stuck his nose in it..Uhhh nothing!! He has a good nose so he figures he had the COVID bug

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026222
10/24/20 02:45 PM
10/24/20 02:45 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Never lost our sense of smell, but did lose our sense of taste for awhile. All in all it certainly didnt live up to everything Ive heard about it. No worse than a mild cold was our experience.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: yukon254] #7026247
10/24/20 03:13 PM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline OP
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline OP
trapper
K

MN
Originally Posted by yukon254
Never lost our sense of smell, but did lose our sense of taste for awhile. All in all it certainly didnt live up to everything Ive heard about it. No worse than a mild cold was our experience.

That’s our experience so far as well.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026249
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
I had covid, ordered some gusto. When it came in the mail it was in a plastic bag wrapped in another resealable bag wrapped in plastic wrap and newspaper. I knew it had to be strong but I couldn't smell a thing I had my 8 year old tell me it was strong. 2 weeks later got my smell back and it isn't as bad as he made it out to be, but it's strong a little goes a long ways.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026254
10/24/20 03:35 PM
10/24/20 03:35 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Absolute most positive way to tell if you have the Covid, without going to take a test or expending the time to a doctor and expense is knowing you have a loss of smell and or taste or both.

You can just this symptom as well as others, however taste and smell loss generally does not show up until well infected, best be knowing who your around or been around a while if you suddenly loose one or both to make others be aware.

According to the CDC the most suffering the greatest reaction of the virus are immune compromised already, but that does not mean that it can take normal immune responsive people down as well.

You can also be infected with out suffering any loss of taste or smell.

We have to take this test every two weeks at my work, company requires it, first question they always ask is about your sense of smell or taste being gone, I've been through 4 tests and have another next week, sure don't see it as infectious as is being said !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026300
10/24/20 04:44 PM
10/24/20 04:44 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline
trapper
cohunt  Offline
trapper
C

revillo, sd
For you folks that are having fun with this, my wife's sister died from the covid virus Wed evening. She was about the most healthy 82 year old in America and she was gone in one week! No meds at all, none. Zipped around country driving herself everywhere in all weather. Somehow got exposed and blown away!

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: cohunt] #7026322
10/24/20 05:25 PM
10/24/20 05:25 PM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline OP
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline OP
trapper
K

MN
Originally Posted by cohunt
For you folks that are having fun with this, my wife's sister died from the covid virus Wed evening. She was about the most healthy 82 year old in America and she was gone in one week! No meds at all, none. Zipped around country driving herself everywhere in all weather. Somehow got exposed and blown away!

Didn’t mean any disrespect with this thread as stated on the first post. My condolences to you and you’re family. We just finished a road trip with my inlaws who are both high risk and sounds like at least my father inlaw got it. My family is not out of the weeds yet. I am aware of the severity and damage this can cause. It just surprised us when my wife said she couldn’t smell anything, and I was just really curious as to wether covid could keep a guy from smelling skunk, being that she can’t smell anything else.. If I had lost my smell you’re dang right I’d shove my nose in a bottle of skunk essence, just to find out. I can’t handle negativity and there’s a lot of it out there. Just trying to learn something and maybe put a smile on someone’s face.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026530
10/24/20 08:57 PM
10/24/20 08:57 PM
Northwest Kansas
O
obaro Offline
trapper
obaro  Offline
trapper
O

Northwest Kansas
My wife tested positive for it, pretty sure I had it as well. Lost taste and smell for a little while, but I don't have much of a sense of either anyway I'm told, so I didn't really notice. Did have a little chest congestion for a couple days and was a bit tired feeling, but only dealt with those symptoms for about a week. Neither of us suffered much physically. The quarantine really messed with my wife's head though. She lost a lot of sleep worried about all the what if's for her own kids and her students and their families.

One of the guys I coached years is ago is now about 40 and has been in and out of the hospital with covid for the last 3 months or so; he just can't seem to get it whipped. Seems like most people breeze through it pretty good, but when it gets ahold of some people it wipes them out.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: cohunt] #7026578
10/24/20 09:35 PM
10/24/20 09:35 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC

Do you happen to know if she was a mask wearer?

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026836
10/25/20 08:32 AM
10/25/20 08:32 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by K9BeavCoon

Didn’t mean any disrespect with this thread as stated on the first post. My condolences to you and you’re family. We just finished a road trip with my inlaws who are both high risk and sounds like at least my father inlaw got it. My family is not out of the weeds yet. I am aware of the severity and damage this can cause. It just surprised us when my wife said she couldn’t smell anything, and I was just really curious as to wether covid could keep a guy from smelling skunk, being that she can’t smell anything else.. If I had lost my smell you’re dang right I’d shove my nose in a bottle of skunk essence, just to find out. I can’t handle negativity and there’s a lot of it out there. Just trying to learn something and maybe put a smile on someone’s face.

I don't believe anyone on this thread is having "fun" with covid. Just expressing their own experiences

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026869
10/25/20 09:07 AM
10/25/20 09:07 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Covid has, regardless of our political or religious ties, exposed everyone to a continuous story of subjects we don't really like or want to think about much; threat of illness or death. The facts are scattered it seems yet everyone has an opinion on this disease medicine has labeled as Covid-19.

Americans don't talk about death much. We don't like it much because we captain our own ships and death doesn't really care about captains.

Recently a couple of us were ministering to an older fella and I asked him why he thought he was grieving so long about the passing of his loved one from Covid?
His answer was sincere, candid and honest. He said, "Death is the end. That's it. Done. There's nothing I can do about it and there's nothing I could do to stop it. I'm not very good with the things I can't control. My father, who fought for all of us in WWII, always told me to get it out, figure it out, and then work it out. I did that all my life until my wife got sick. There's nothing to figure out. Period. It just happens. You live and then you die I guess."

Americans, unlike many cultures worldwide, don't face death often because we are so blessed in so many areas.
One thing for sure, Covid has made some more reflective about life.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026922
10/25/20 10:10 AM
10/25/20 10:10 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I personally don’t know anyone that died from it, but know of people that died with it.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026940
10/25/20 10:31 AM
10/25/20 10:31 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Mark June, you are correct. Americans or maybe its the West in general, don't know really how to talk or deal with death. Perhaps, as you say, its comes from our independent streak that we want to be n control, and yet in death we ultimately aren't in control. Or maybe it comes that in the West we have been given the insight to what death truly means in a spiritual sense and we still want to rebel. even a lot of believers in Christianity. And because we don't like or are even able to talk about death, we have a hard time scaling it into a context of the greater society. The USA has gone to war twice in the past 80 years for single attacks that left 3,000 Americans dead (Pearl Harbor and 9/11) in a country of over a 100 million (1941) and nearly 285 million (2001). I'm not saying those wars weren't justified in being waged, only that those initial 3,000 American dead was only the beginning of both American and our enemy deaths that were to come. Maybe the real reason why those wars were prosecuted wasn't because of the initial dead Americans but because both of the attacks were direct assaults on American culture and that couldn't be left unresponded to or "deals" made to appease our enemies.

In regards to covid, the following may seem extremely cold and uncaring, and I mean no disrespect to cohunt or anyone else who has lost a loved one to the disease. And I take full responsibility in being so blunt to "scale" covid deaths, but I work with numbers, statistics, data, and numbers have no soul, no emotion so let me put into context of how the coivd situation shows how we can't really scale death wel in this countryl. In the 8 months of covid in the US, I have never heard anyone, not even on a show such as Tucker Carlson, ask "well how many people die a year in the USA?" or a sub-set of that, "how many Americans die in a typical month in the past few years?" To me, these should be fairly known answers by now, but because we can't talk about death well as a society, no one seems to ask them. Americans know almost nothing about national "vital statistics" (how large is the population? how many births are there a year?, how many deaths are there a year?, etc). The overall national population, or at least a good guess at it, might be fairly common to know (how many American know we are the 3rd most populated country in the world?) but the next two questions I asked, almost none without looking it up (as I had to). In the past few years before 2020, the USA had about 2.8 million deaths out of a country of around 330 million people or less than 1% of the population a year. There is intra-annual variation that forms that 2.8 million deaths, but if the number is simply averaged over 12 months, it ends up being about 230,000 deaths a month. So not to belittle the impact that covid has on the individual scale, which can obviously be devastating, it has taken this disease 8 months to reach what we typically lose to death in a "average" month over the past few years. Why hasn't that been talked about or even mentioned...? To me, that seems rather stunning. But, as we circle back around, its because we as a society simply don't want to talk about death even though its coming for us all, and we all know it is.

I wish all of tman a restful and blessed Sunday...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7026980
10/25/20 11:16 AM
10/25/20 11:16 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Prayers for those the did not survive it.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: danvee] #7027052
10/25/20 12:41 PM
10/25/20 12:41 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
Originally Posted by danvee
Prayers for those the did not survive it.

Not sure what praying for the people that are no longer here accomplishes, better to pray for those they left behind.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7027132
10/25/20 02:04 PM
10/25/20 02:04 PM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline
trapper
Dillrod  Offline
trapper

S/W Mich.
Bringing my girlfriend back from Sterling Illinois tomorrow.
She is finishing up the estate of her 90 yr old mom.
Who went from active , loving life , and calling daily.
To deceased in less then a week from Covid.
Not many of us in here are spring chickens anymore.
We have all experienced death of close friends and family.
I'm trying to live everyday of our lives together as an adventure.
You just never know.

My thoughts and prayers to all affected.

I think the saddest thing was watching my girlfriend go thru the death of her mom over the phone on a daily manner.

I wonder why if they can suit up an employee in that hospital to nurse and serve her mom.
Why couldn't they suit up my girlfriend and let her squeeze hands and say goodbye?

Like previously stated , from others.
The inability to help is frustrating , depressing and Bitter.

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7027358
10/25/20 06:41 PM
10/25/20 06:41 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Mark you hit the head on the nail. You are born. You live and then you die. What people remember most of people is what you did in between and how you treated others. Covid has brought reality about life.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7027363
10/25/20 06:46 PM
10/25/20 06:46 PM
ny
S
Starcraft_Dart Offline
trapper
Starcraft_Dart  Offline
trapper
S

ny
I am sure by next year there will be some members from this site that will die from the Covid. The worse part of this pandemic has just begun.

Re: Covid vs Hellfire [Re: Starcraft_Dart] #7027380
10/25/20 07:05 PM
10/25/20 07:05 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Starcraft_Dart
I am sure by next year there will be some members from this site that will die from the Covid. The worse part of this pandemic has just begun.

Unfortunately, people die all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread