No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: danny clifton] #7028314
10/26/20 05:34 PM
10/26/20 05:34 PM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Interesting. I have not had time to read the entire thing.
Not long ago I was asked if I would interview for a Baptist church pastor's position. The interview lasted about an hour and a half.
One of the questions I was asked was "How do you feel about a paster promoting a political candidate. I was not sure what they
the committee was looking for concerning a particular view point. In my mind they were asking my personal opinion, and that is what they got.
To me it would not be the pastor's job to educate folks and push a certain candidate. I am sure that a lot of churches have a real mix members and I believe
that it would almost be an insult to think they needed a pastor to tell them how to vote.

Now, granted this was not a Southern Baptist church. I attended such a church for a brief stint as a young man, and that experience and from reading it is quite clear that style of church is quite different in almost every approach. I am not saying it is good or bad, just very different, and not for everyone.

Mac

Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: danny clifton] #7028327
10/26/20 05:56 PM
10/26/20 05:56 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Your funny

We agape love you danny. Just funnin as you and I do often.

I'm sure of one thing.
Whoever witnessed to you years ago sir left a lasting impression.
I suspect they were either a Pharisee, a Zealot, or a Sadducee.
They still roam the earth.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028336
10/26/20 06:07 PM
10/26/20 06:07 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
My thoughts align with Macarthur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1AAJYOW2vI

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028340
10/26/20 06:10 PM
10/26/20 06:10 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Pike River said, "That's too bad because that seems to be the most outwardly facing ministry there is. All else is for the most part "preaching to the choir."

Very, very accurate.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028460
10/26/20 08:06 PM
10/26/20 08:06 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
This is a good thread. Thank you Warrior for starting it and also Pike River, Mark June, Danny Clifton, Donner Survivor and others for bringing it into a good discussion.

I think the reality is that most believers as well as non-believers never take the time to actually read the Holy Bible and study it.....as one would do when trying to sincerely get the meaning of a word or meaning of the text. I have dear friends and loved ones that go to church 3 times a week, but they never pick their Bibles up except when they are in church and the pastor tells them to turn to a certain page.

It seems to me, that most every day folks want to go to work, live life, and have a "Trusted" pastor, preacher, pope, etc. tell them what the Word of God says. This is one of the saddest things IMO regarding this country and our churches. Without people who know the Word of God, then that is when lies and deception takes place. All great lies and deception that last for ages have some bit of truth in them......that is why folks believe them as the Truth.

One of the greatest tragedies in our churches and our country is not having strong individuals that stand up and preach the Word of GOD; and also judges that don't have a moral background and understanding in the true Word of God. YHWH and Jesus both knew this was the case, that is why Jesus was sent to bring us the Truth, the LIfe, and the Way, and also the apostles to truly preach the WORD......Not to sugar coat it so that it is fitting to our own particular sins. It is the responsibility of the pastor to lead his flock in the true Word of God; especially if they don't read the Word for themselves!

Trapper les posted a video earlier about this. That video is right on the money! Any person that takes the time to read the Word as written by YHWH himself through Moses in the Torah and also Jesus' teachings in the New Testament, then the answer is clear as day who you CANNOT vote for!

I love this place and pray for its members on here daily; especially both Danny and Mark. I've never met them, but from their posts on here I can certainly tell that they are fine moral men, good husbands, good daddys and grandads, and someone you would be proud to call a friend. I do wish I could say that of everyone of my so called Christian friends and even myself when I fail miserably.

Blaine County, I like your posts to, but I agree with Warrior. Allah is certainly not the same god as YHWH. I have the 'holy' Quran in my study and reference it from time to time. Trust me, it is pretty clear in any chapter of the Surah what is meant when it calls to break the pig and the cross. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028472
10/26/20 08:11 PM
10/26/20 08:11 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Proverbs 22:7 discusses debt.
Jeremiah 1:27 discusses life.
James 1:27 and 2 Thessalonians 3:10 discuss welfare.
I love how the bible touches on all these "political" topics and many more.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028497
10/26/20 08:26 PM
10/26/20 08:26 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Honestly feel religion and politics so be kept far way from each other. Especially in this day and age where people are so prone to the sheep mentality.

"the guy in the pulpit said I should vote for that guy so I guess I will "

Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028525
10/26/20 08:38 PM
10/26/20 08:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content OP
trapper
warrior  Online Content OP
trapper

Georgia
I see the risk of mixing the two however I do believe the church has the right and authority to identify and call out wrongful action by those in power and running for power and to advise on what God requires of us in choosing leaders.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028575
10/26/20 08:54 PM
10/26/20 08:54 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Good post brother Chauncey.
In honest reflection, we must admit that Protestants are especially prone to selfish admiration for head knowledge because we're so strongly urged to study the Word.
But the mind knowledge should never outpace the affection of our heart.
Christology must outpace Bibliology.
If it doesn't we get modern day Pharisaism; the religious who are well studied minds of theology with literal hearts of stone.
Or Sadducees who use theology for civil gain with hard hearts.
Or Zealots who judge others but don't reflect on their own hearts.
Or Essenes who say to heck with all these people, I won't go to church with those kinds of people.

Christ called each and every one of these types out as unbelievers, who He did not recognize because they did not know Him.
We read our Bibles remembering as best we can...
that Scripture was never for any other purpose than to know of God's Character and Restorative Plan.

Good input in this thread!
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: danny clifton] #7028596
10/26/20 09:03 PM
10/26/20 09:03 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
if you want a good view of something, you need to be outside the picture

danny, I enjoyed meeting you at the Kansas get together. I don’t judge others and never have but I have a question. I know where you stand on on God and I think from your post that you are a good and decent man. My question is where did you get your values and morals. Not a trick question just curious. Thanks

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: Pawnee] #7028933
10/27/20 05:56 AM
10/27/20 05:56 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...

I'm not sure you really believe this.

a test...should trapping regulations be promulgated by non-trappers? what results from this when it does happen?

Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: warrior] #7028938
10/27/20 06:10 AM
10/27/20 06:10 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I must say I enjoy the whole “The Bible is God’s word as given to man and man shall tell you what those words mean.”

Carry on.

-Goofy-
Re: Cowardice in the pulpit! [Re: white marlin] #7028945
10/27/20 06:23 AM
10/27/20 06:23 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by white marlin

I'm not sure you really believe this.

a test...should trapping regulations be promulgated by non-trappers? what results from this when it does happen?

A man studying with me last night read the TMan comment on "outside" and said;

That'd be like asking China to run the USA.
or having North Korea tell America how to run a country.
Gotta be one to know one.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread