No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Trying to justify Buying more ground. [Re: Providence Farm] #7032836
10/30/20 06:41 PM
10/30/20 06:41 PM
upstate NY
M
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper
Mr. Ed  Offline
trapper
M

upstate NY
I went out on a limb back in 1983 @ 22 yrs old to buy 100 acres 10 miles from the downtown area. Paid $32500.00 Houses were going for $40k at the time. Was told I was crazy for spending what I did. Fast forward to currently selling 2 acre lots that border me for $30k. Who was not crazy back then ? Yes I got laid off shortly after buying the land and had to put off building a house for 2 yrs but I worked 2 jobs until I got back on my feet.

Re: Trying to justify Buying more ground. [Re: Providence Farm] #7032866
10/30/20 07:10 PM
10/30/20 07:10 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Want to move to Indiana?;) I even know a guy that's pretty handy with ropes, rigging, chain saws, and big equipment.

Heh, maybe... How olds your daughter again wink . I will move west not east, I want to live somewhere with that western culture.

Re: Trying to justify Buying more ground. [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7032874
10/30/20 07:19 PM
10/30/20 07:19 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Want to move to Indiana?;) I even know a guy that's pretty handy with ropes, rigging, chain saws, and big equipment.

Heh, maybe... How olds your daughter again wink . I will move west not east, I want to live somewhere with that western culture.

Like Denver? Lol lots of places turning blue. Before we got the farm I was leaning Idaho or southern Missouri. Logistics to shop in Idaho made it impossible. Made several trips Shopping in MO. Loved it and the people. Some day I may sell out and end up there once land prices get high enough and I get crowded out. Probably will never happen but it always on the back of my mind.

I told my wife she better not plan a western vacation because I may not come back.

Re: Trying to justify Buying more ground. [Re: Providence Farm] #7032894
10/30/20 07:38 PM
10/30/20 07:38 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

Like Denver? Lol lots of places turning blue. Before we got the farm I was leaning Idaho or southern Missouri. Logistics to shop in Idaho made it impossible. Made several trips Shopping in MO. Loved it and the people. Some day I may sell out and end up there once land prices get high enough and I get crowded out. Probably will never happen but it always on the back of my mind.

I told my wife she better not plan a western vacation because I may not come back.

I don't care if its a blue state as long as the local culture is conservative. I want to live somewhere you wave to every car that passes you. Montana, Idaho, Wyoming are the only real options.

If you do not get this land I would not let it bother you to much. My parents bought 80 acres when we were kids and I love the land and it is worth way more than when they bought it but the stress it put on their marriage and our family made it not worth it, even as a kid I remember how tight things were and the stress it caused.

Re: Trying to justify Buying more ground. [Re: Providence Farm] #7032911
10/30/20 07:55 PM
10/30/20 07:55 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

PF,
It seems there are many moving parts and who can know the future, true?
It's evident from your input you would like this property REAL REAL bad.
The market is ripe for low-interest loans, yep.
Right next to you, check.

Risk is the neighbor I guess. Not sure from your OP how exactly another layer fits in. I don't care to enter land deals with others. Never have. Never will.
I'm sure you'll swing the cash some how. Don't we always.

Perhaps your only real question is what you might already know; "What does my future personal life appear to have to be in the future (how many years?) with me scratching and fetching to own this ground I want REALLY bad?"

How's the family figure into this?
How's your health for the next 2 decades look to hold up?
Stuff like that.
I have no idea how old you are, but are your earning years (as in all day every day) in front or behind you?

So does more ground and less cash/time sound good compared to less ground and more cash/time at your age?
You building a legacy or a life?

Good luck sir.
Blessings,
Mark

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread