No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Horse Shot with an Arrow [Re: M.Magis] #7033173
10/30/20 11:57 PM
10/30/20 11:57 PM
Oregon 66
bfflobo Offline
trapper
bfflobo  Offline
trapper

Oregon 66
Originally Posted by M.Magis
The most likely scenario would be that someone dropped the arrow on the path, the horse kicked it while walking, the fletching end was up against something like the ground, and jammed the broadhead into its foot. Of course since it involves horse people, they’ll be on the evening national news telling the entire world their horse was shot by a hunter.

This was my thoughts on page one and the first picture. Wasn't shot, just a freak accident of an arrow lost on the ground.

Clean traps,tight lines,straight shooting
http://i.imgur.com/3sawxE9m.jpg
Re: Horse Shot with an Arrow [Re: bfflobo] #7039024
11/05/20 09:33 AM
11/05/20 09:33 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by bfflobo
Originally Posted by M.Magis
The most likely scenario would be that someone dropped the arrow on the path, the horse kicked it while walking, the fletching end was up against something like the ground, and jammed the broadhead into its foot. Of course since it involves horse people, they’ll be on the evening national news telling the entire world their horse was shot by a hunter.

This was my thoughts on page one and the first picture. Wasn't shot, just a freak accident of an arrow lost on the ground.

I shared this theory this morning on a FB group. Wow is there some fall out.

Re: Horse Shot with an Arrow [Re: Eagleye] #7039160
11/05/20 01:13 PM
11/05/20 01:13 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I am sure if it doesn't fit the narrative they have created in their mind , it just can't be.

if say an archery hunter was close enough to make a shot into the leg intentionally that archer would have been say 30 yards away or less

if the archer had a bad release drawing back on a deer the arrow would have sailed in maybe 150-200yards arrows jut don't travel that well

it's been a while since I was on a trail ride through the Kettle moraine about 35 years and maybe the kids now carry speakers and blast music on horse trail rides , it seems strange that you wouldn't have noticed an arrow falling from the sky into the horse you are riding or the noise from the bow , a guy in a tree something.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Horse Shot with an Arrow [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7039246
11/05/20 02:59 PM
11/05/20 02:59 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

if say an archery hunter was close enough to make a shot into the leg intentionally that archer would have been say 30 yards away or less

If I made that shot intentionally with my hunting bow at 30 yards, that arrow would be sticking well out the bottom of the hoof.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Horse Shot with an Arrow [Re: wildflights] #7039250
11/05/20 03:04 PM
11/05/20 03:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by wildflights
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

If I made that shot intentionally with my hunting bow at 30 yards, that arrow would be sticking well out the bottom of the hoof.

yup

Occam's razor

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread