No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Power of your Sheriff #7043667
11/09/20 12:31 PM
11/09/20 12:31 PM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline OP
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline OP
trapper
K

MN
There’s a lot of fear of the commie they elected as our new president, and what he’s gunna try to do to our second amendment. In Minnesota, I live under a commie governor and wonder what the future brings for us. My local sheriff is very outspoken and has made it known statewide he will not stand for such infringements. Suppose the powers that be try a gun grab or gun tax. I assume the sheriff’s office would be responsible for enforcing such laws. Does your sheriff have the power to provide sanctuary for you and your rights?

Re: Power of your Sheriff [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7043758
11/09/20 02:03 PM
11/09/20 02:03 PM
North Dakota
W
WakopaWalker Offline
trapper
WakopaWalker  Offline
trapper
W

North Dakota
Can a sheriff choose to not enforce certain federal dictates? Yes. Could your local sheriff decide to not enforce any firearms restrictions? Sure. I remember hearing of a sheriff in CO making a public statent that he would not enforce some of the laws passed by the CO legislature. I also remember hearing that the sheriff of Big Horn county in WY threatening to arrest any federal agent trying to enforce a federal mandate. I don't remember if that held up or not.

In the aftermath of the Oregon refuge standoff, a MT local was being searched for by the feds. The sheriff issued a carefully worded statement that no searches were being conducted without his knowledge, implying that he was protecting his "people" from the feds. In reality, he knew, but wasnt stopping the feds from their work.

So, can a sheriff stand against tyranny? Yes, sort of. But does the federal goverent have authority that supercedes the sheriff? That's a big constitutional question that I don't know if there is an official answer. It is one of the few executive branch law enforcement officers that is elected. And that's important.

Re: Power of your Sheriff [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7043783
11/09/20 02:35 PM
11/09/20 02:35 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
most of the counties in ILL went 2A sanctuary last year

we are working on it in many counties in WI currently with 14 already there

if a law is to be enforced it should have to be the FED sending resources to do it and not the local PD or Sherriff following FED orders.

at the end of WWII how many German soldiers said , "we were just following orders'. 2A resolutions let the local law and DA know they do not have any obligation to follow illegal orders , unconstitutional orders or to put local $ at a federal decree.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Power of your Sheriff [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7043795
11/09/20 02:48 PM
11/09/20 02:48 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The people ruling America, under biden's name would likely beef up the ATF or set up a new division to confiscate firearms from otherwise law abiding Americans. They will also likely charge gun owners with other crimes, including hate speech on social media, to "legally" confiscate firearms. Hopefully they never get a chance.

Keith

Re: Power of your Sheriff [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7044234
11/09/20 10:16 PM
11/09/20 10:16 PM
indiana
W
wamp Offline
trapper
wamp  Offline
trapper
W

indiana
I believe only federal officers can enforce federal laws.

"Keep your traps free"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread