I have trapped about 48 of my 72 years abut 30 of those more intensely but I never really paid a whole lot of attention to the history. I had too much to learn as there were no trappers in my family, so I read books, watch hundreds of demos and bought DVDs etc. and learned on the line. In two of my half dozen trapping related organs coming this week there were two articles that discussed the history, heritage and the significant trappers in the different eras. I don't know if it my age, lower prices, the reality of our current markets and or world events but those stories really have made an impression on me as I read them. We owe a debt to the energy, skill and determination, but mostly those those that saw fit to write articles and books as early as over 100 years ago that help us all. The article also help define the evolution of trapping and gear etc. but also how the changes help keeping trapping a wildlife management tool and one preferred by by many game managers and wildlife biology researchers.

Bryce