No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051063
11/15/20 07:44 PM
11/15/20 07:44 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
ther is no question that religion causes war and death..... revelation shows a great war and the truth wins !!

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Re: Anyone like me [Re: GritGuy] #7051073
11/15/20 07:54 PM
11/15/20 07:54 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by GritGuy
To each their own way of passage. It matters not to me what others believe or do not, and I make sure that I don't try to judge them on that either, like others always do. What I believe is of no consequence to you or others either in the grand scheme of religious belief !

Though I do believe that religion has caused more problems and death on this world thru its existence than any war yet !!

Religions yes

Faith in Yah•weh No

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051077
11/15/20 07:56 PM
11/15/20 07:56 PM
Cheyenne, Wyoming
W
wadask Offline
trapper
wadask  Offline
trapper
W

Cheyenne, Wyoming
has a revolution ever happed according to most religion i don't know just asking? and i asked reglious leader once about dinosaurs and it was the most ridicules try to cover your butt answer, i just shook my head he was christianity maybe a muslim could of answer it better who knows, but Human geneo types have been around for well over 200,000-300,000 how old is the oldest religion.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051109
11/15/20 08:22 PM
11/15/20 08:22 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Wild, I get where you're coming from, its hard to believe, (but I dont know where you got the idea ALL our widest dreams come true in heaven) but for me its harder not to believe. How do you explain the world? If humans have been around for soo long why is there not a answer to this other then a god made it or cosmos exploded. I know you're not trying to upset anyone and I know that Christians coming out and challenge/preaching triggers some people but why? If what you believe is right and you know it then why is it triggering for me or anyone else to state what they believe, or give you reasons why I believe? Is it because atheists can't explain anything? I dont think its right for Christians to harass people to make them believe but im getting tired of people yelling at the Christians on this site for simply explaining why and what they believe. Personally I think its because the truth is ALWAYS stranger then fiction.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: wadask] #7051116
11/15/20 08:26 PM
11/15/20 08:26 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by wadask
Im a 100% scientific/evolution. (But thats my degrees) if you know anything about astronomy it really make the whole religious seem like a gimmick that some body uses to gain power or weather. If all religions and beliefs across the whole world agreed on the same thing than I would have good reason to do also. (Inca, Maya, catholics, Muslins Budith, ISIS eve seems to have their own relgious beliefs) To me religion seems to have has caused more wars and killed more people than anything else i can think of. But Im not a religious historian. Just an observer

Can you do me a favor and explain evolution? I'm GENUINELY curious because the last evolution theory i heard involved four fundamental forces crashing into each other and creating the universe as we know it, and let's be honest that's a little bit like four gods crashing into each other.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: cowboy2005] #7051212
11/15/20 09:32 PM
11/15/20 09:32 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Online sick
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Online Sick
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by cowboy2005
Is it because atheists can't explain anything?

The level of self confidence in this guy...

Re: Anyone like me [Re: coalbank] #7051229
11/15/20 09:41 PM
11/15/20 09:41 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by coalbank
Yes, just words are empty. Christ fills us with love . OP you are in our prayers. May Christ reveal himself to you.

... I don’t know what the indecent exposure laws are in Jerusalem... but that won’t fly here in this day and age

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Anyone like me [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7051236
11/15/20 09:45 PM
11/15/20 09:45 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Is it because atheists can't explain anything?

Lol, dont feel bad if your balls aren't as big buddy.

Last edited by cowboy2005; 11/15/20 09:46 PM.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051240
11/15/20 09:48 PM
11/15/20 09:48 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Wild_WI
So reading a few threads, I realize I'm quite different than most folks here when it comes to religion. Just interested to see if I'm the only one that doesn't believe in God? To me it is a ridicoulus proposition that if your a good boy or girl you get to go to a magical place with all your dead family members where your wildest dreams come true when you die. Do people really think this happens???? Isn't it far more likely that when we die that's it? I personally hope that's it, it gives me a chance to give back what I've taken, let my body / soul pay a small debt for the experience and resources I used, I'm not trying to upset people but I can't believe everyone still blindly follows this stuff to me it is weakness of mind and people being afraid of reality. Dying is part of living don't be a sally about it....

Are you married? Kids,,grandkids? Or single.Just curious.

Last edited by upstateNY; 11/15/20 09:49 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Anyone like me [Re: cowboy2005] #7051265
11/15/20 10:01 PM
11/15/20 10:01 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN

Lol, dont feel bad if your balls aren't as big buddy.

I quit wiener measuring contest some years ago young fella but as some goofy country singer once said "i'm as good once as I ever was". Openness is a measurable trait and is a major predicator of success. It's not about "ball size" it's about being willing to search for answers even if they go against your preconceived notions that you rest your identity on. I'll leave you with this picture of me at work.
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051272
11/15/20 10:08 PM
11/15/20 10:08 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Lol, it was a joke. And if that pic of you at work is your attempt to show your level of gumption its only impressive if you have a fear of death, a quality I lack and before you say that i will develop one when faced with it you're wrong. I've been there, come close to death and it only furthered my level of comfort.
So anyhow if you want to prove me wrong, I'll start easy, go ahead and explain how fundamental forces created the world.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: BanditBuster] #7051278
11/15/20 10:13 PM
11/15/20 10:13 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by BanditBuster
Here's a question for the atheist leaning individuals. If God or a higher power doesn't exist, where do the basic moral principles come from? What or who created good and evil? If you look back through the ages, most civilizations had nearly the same moral code. Coincidence?

I would say my moral principles came from my Dad, when he said something he meant it, and was glad to prove it if you didn't believe him. I would guess he got his, from his Dad too.
Animals even have a moral code. If you don't think so you have not watched many. A mare with a colt will put it in its place when it gets out of line. When a calf tries to steal milk from another cow it gets run off. Many animals have as complex structure as we do. I don't think they believe in a higher power.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051281
11/15/20 10:15 PM
11/15/20 10:15 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I am of the opinion that there are over 4,200 religions in the world and everyone thinks there's is the only one that matters. With that said, if your religion makes you a better person, more power to you and keep on believing what you believe.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: MJM] #7051288
11/15/20 10:20 PM
11/15/20 10:20 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by MJM
Here's a question for the atheist leaning individuals. If God or a higher power doesn't exist, where do the basic moral principles come from? What or who created good and evil? If you look back through the ages, most civilizations had nearly the same moral code. Coincidence?

I would say my moral principles came from my Dad, when he said something he meant it, and was glad to prove it if you didn't believe him. I would guess he got his, from his Dad too.
Animals even have a moral code. If you don't think so you have not watched many. A mare with a colt will put it in its place when it gets out of line. When a calf tries to steal milk from another cow it gets run off. Many animals have as complex structure as we do. I don't think they believe in a higher power.

When was the last time you were on a beef farm? Calves drink from other cows alot and don't get run off.
And you missed the point too, morals have been around for soo long even the animals have them, so where did they get them from? Exploding stars? I think not

Re: Anyone like me [Re: cowboy2005] #7051298
11/15/20 10:33 PM
11/15/20 10:33 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN
I'll start easy, go ahead and explain how fundamental forces created the world.

This is the difference between us. I can flip on youtube and find a physicist explain it the best he can, I still wont have a full understanding of it, I can admit "I don't know". I don't know everything, some things make little sense to me, when I can't make sense of something in it's entirety I don't just fall back on "well a magical sky fairy must of done it".

Why does the sun come up in the morning and the moon at night? 10,000 years ago "the Gods do it"
Why the Earth cycle through warm and cold spells? 10,000 years ago "the Gods do it"
Why did my baby die? "God did it"
Why did I get sick? "God did it"

We have always used Gods/God as an answer for the things we failed to fully grasp, over time we have gained a further grasp on the world, the solar system, the universe and now more than ever but not more than in the future we can say "God is dead".

Re: Anyone like me [Re: cowboy2005] #7051303
11/15/20 10:37 PM
11/15/20 10:37 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN

When was the last time you were on a beef farm? Calves drink from other cows alot and don't get run off.
And you missed the point too, morals have been around for soo long even the animals have them, so where did they get them from? Exploding stars? I think not

On beef farms those are known as "cull cows". You are using the exception to make the rule when you say "calves drink from other cows alot".

Morals would have evolved the same as life, slowly over time. Traits that help you survive are selected for and those that do not are repressed.

Take honesty for example. If you are honest and someone trust you they may be more inclined to share food with you if you agree to repay it next year, if you are dishonest they may not trust you and watch you starve.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7051309
11/15/20 10:45 PM
11/15/20 10:45 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin

On beef farms those are known as "cull cows". You are using the exception to make the rule when you say "calves drink from other cows alot".

Morals would have evolved the same as life, slowly over time. Traits that help you survive are selected for and those that do not are repressed.

Take honesty for example. If you are honest and someone trust you they may be more inclined to share food with you if you agree to repay it next year, if you are dishonest they may not trust you and watch you starve.

On beef farms those are known as "nurse cows"

Re: Anyone like me [Re: BanditBuster] #7051312
11/15/20 10:46 PM
11/15/20 10:46 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan

This is easy to explain. Morality was born of necessity. Basically, cooperate or die. Life was once pretty tough for people. To succeeed we needed to get along.

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Wild_WI] #7051316
11/15/20 10:51 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Everyone will believe in God eventually

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Anyone like me [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7051319
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
I'll start easy, go ahead and explain how fundamental forces created the world.

This is the difference between us. I can flip on youtube and find a physicist explain it the best he can, I still wont have a full understanding of it, I can admit "I don't know". I don't know everything, some things make little sense to me, when I can't make sense of something in it's entirety I don't just fall back on "well a magical sky fairy must of done it".

Why does the sun come up in the morning and the moon at night? 10,000 years ago "the Gods do it"
Why the Earth cycle through warm and cold spells? 10,000 years ago "the Gods do it"
Why did my baby die? "God did it"
Why did I get sick? "God did it"

We have always used Gods/God as an answer for the things we failed to fully grasp, over time we have gained a further grasp on the world, the solar system, the universe and now more than ever but not more than in the future we can say "God is dead".

I understand I will never get thru to you because you don't want to listen but you say you flip on YouTube and watch some physicist explain something he doesn't understand, you can watch people on YouTube explain anything literally anything like if you're wondering why the moon is made of cheese, youtube will explain it. Or how the moon landing is fake? YouTube will explain.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread