No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Deer Hunting Yarns #7053072
11/17/20 04:06 PM
11/17/20 04:06 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
There are some pretty wild stories out there regarding deer hunting. Here's one told by a former worker that was famous for some pretty wild stories:

One fall I was walking on an old abandoned logging road. I heard a twig crack. I stopped and carefully looked in the direction of where the sound originated.
There facing me about 20 yards away was this huge 10 point buck.
Slowly, I unlaced one of my boots never taking my eyes off the deer.
I saw a small ash tree growing next to me. I slowly cut it off. It was perfect for a bow. I strung my boot lace on the piece of ash making a bow.
There was some hazelnut bushes growing on my left. I found a straight one, cut it and sharpened one end and notched the other end.
The buck never moved. He was facing me straight on. My only shot was to the throat-brisket area.
I drew back the makeshift bow and arrow and let it fly.
It was a perfect shot in the throat.
The buck wheeled, crashing into the brush.
I listened and heard him splash into the creek.
I headed right to the creek and sure enough, there on the other side laying belly down was the buck. He had just made it to the other side where he died.
I waded over to the other side, rolled the deer over and to my surprise on the hazelnut brush arrow were two 10 pound northern pike!

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Deer Hunting Yarns [Re: Trapper7] #7053099
11/17/20 04:47 PM
11/17/20 04:47 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
You say " former worker " My guess would be that he has stopped working and went into politics instead . He could become NY's next governor with bs like that.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Deer Hunting Yarns [Re: Trapper7] #7053107
11/17/20 04:55 PM
11/17/20 04:55 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
True story. Found a friends injured doe deer one night and reached down to touch her. She ran between my legs and got away.

Re: Deer Hunting Yarns [Re: Scuba1] #7053126
11/17/20 05:14 PM
11/17/20 05:14 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Scuba1
You say " former worker " My guess would be that he has stopped working and went into politics instead . He could become NY's next governor with bs like that.

Funny thing is, he was dead serious when he told the story. His intelligence level was not very high.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread