No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Matriarch doe..... #7054858
11/18/20 10:24 PM
11/18/20 10:24 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline OP
trapper
J.Morse  Offline OP
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
........showing her stuff. My All Purpose Boy was deer hunting on our place a couple days back and had a couple doe/fawn pairs work their way past him and sorta meet up in a thicket in front of him. Not long after entering the thicket one or more started snorting their fool heads off. He knew they weren't smelling him, but wasn't sure what they were raising Cain about. All at once three of the 4 ran out of the brush away from the 4th, that was still snorting a bunch. Soon he could make her out through the brush. It was an old doe he sees often that he calls the "Double Bib Doe" on account of her two white throat patches. Well, Old Double Bib was stomping and feigning at something he couldn't see. They were working their way toward him and he soon saw the target of her fussing.....a Bobcat was about 5 yards ahead of the old doe, slinking along and acting as if it was totally peeved at the doe pestering it. The doe continued to fuss and feign until they were out of the thicket. The doe then returned to what she was doing, and the 'cat slunk away to pout elsewhere. He thought the whole episode was pretty neat. Me too.

Re: Matriarch doe..... [Re: J.Morse] #7054860
11/18/20 10:27 PM
11/18/20 10:27 PM
St lawrence county, ny
E
Eyehi Offline
trapper
Eyehi  Offline
trapper
E

St lawrence county, ny
Stories like this are why I enjoy being outdoors so much ..... You never know what you will see .....

Re: Matriarch doe..... [Re: J.Morse] #7054888
11/18/20 10:45 PM
11/18/20 10:45 PM
Waterville Minnesota
M
mudtracker Offline
trapper
mudtracker  Offline
trapper
M

Waterville Minnesota
I had one of those one year that, kept busting me in the ground blind and running off the other deer. I wanted to arrow her in the worst way. Named her doerene, never did get her, but someone must have, because I didn't have any more run ins with her.

WHO MADE THIS MESS ALL OVER MY FLOOR THE MUDTRACKER WAS HERE HE HE HE
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread