No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059336
11/22/20 10:09 PM
11/22/20 10:09 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by NebrCatMan
I take a multi vitamin every day. But tomorrow I'll get some zinc and straight other vitamins. I am gonna be 64 and even though my skeleton and joints are shot, my organs seem to be in good shape. Almost feel better now than last nite.

The lack of taste and smell is pretty specific to Covid. No real reason to get tested. I'd suggest a pulse oximeter at home and as long as your oxygen stays above 92% I'd treat it like any other virus. Clabaugh's in town had Zinc last I checked. You won't find any at the big box store in town. I've been taking Quercetin and Zinc for about a month straight when we really got hit with it. So far I've been negative.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059350
11/22/20 10:24 PM
11/22/20 10:24 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Just getting over it. I didn't get tested; my wife and daughter tested positive a week ago today. I had the same symptoms and same timeline so I'm sure I have it, I just didn't see a point in getting tested just to be in the CDC's registry.
The push for testing is really about the CDC's tracking and numbers. IMO it doesn't do you any good if you don't need treatment. If you get bad enough to go to the hospital, then they'll test you anyway.

The only benefit of getting tested is if you're positive, you know you have a very slim (almost 0) chance of getting it again. That means you can quit worrying about it and get back to life as usual (if you ever stopped).
That's why our family is doing 2 Thanksgivings, one for "pre-covid" people and one for "post-covid." About half of us have already had it.

Personally, I'm glad I got it and got it over with. Since I'm almost guaranteed not to get it or carry it again, there's some things I'm going to do that I haven't in a long time, like visit my grandpa.

Symptom-wise, for my wife and I it was like a bad seasonal cold with the addition of lost taste and smell. Stuffy, cruddy, extra tired for a week. BUT we're young and healthy. My 70-yo dad has it and is having a MUCH rougher time. He hasn't gone to the hospital yet but he still could. On the opposite end, my 4-yo daughter tested positive but has had zero symptoms whatsoever. It affects people very differently, with the biggest factor being age and general health.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059359
11/22/20 10:36 PM
11/22/20 10:36 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I have mentioned this before on another thread. Go on Amazon right now in order a blood oxygen meter, the only cost about $20. You will have it tomorrow. Start monitoring your O2 levels, if your levels drop below 90% seek medical attention ASAP. Most people wait until they are feeling bad respiratory symptoms before they seek help. By that time your levels will be in the 70% range and they will be trying to play catch-up to get you better.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059372
11/22/20 10:48 PM
11/22/20 10:48 PM
WISCONSIN
W
Wild_WI Offline
trapper
Wild_WI  Offline
trapper
W

WISCONSIN
My whole family had it, me the wife all the kids, honestly I've had worse hang overs, guess we just got lucky. We all tested positive only real symptom was lack of smell for about a day and a half. Which I promptly used to reduce trapping bait / lure to smaller containers for easy transport. I was upset when it came back could have used that super power for a couple months

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: WadeRyan] #7059443
11/22/20 11:50 PM
11/22/20 11:50 PM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline OP
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline OP
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Originally Posted by NebrCatMan
I take a multi vitamin every day. But tomorrow I'll get some zinc and straight other vitamins. I am gonna be 64 and even though my skeleton and joints are shot, my organs seem to be in good shape. Almost feel better now than last nite.

The lack of taste and smell is pretty specific to Covid. No real reason to get tested. I'd suggest a pulse oximeter at home and as long as your oxygen stays above 92% I'd treat it like any other virus. Clabaugh's in town had Zinc last I checked. You won't find any at the big box store in town. I've been taking Quercetin and Zinc for about a month straight when we really got hit with it. So far I've been negative.

I am feeling better tonite Wade. Your old neighbor to the south of where you used to live that works with me at the BPW WPC got tested Friday. He is about like I am. I did not talk to him today so maybe he is better. My upper left chest area does not hurt today hardly at all on a deep breath. It was pretty sore Friday and early Saturday. with a deep breath. I would say I am getting a bit towards the better side. Not bad but nowhere near 100%.

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059451
11/23/20 12:11 AM
11/23/20 12:11 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
I believe I had it. I lost taste and smell for about three days, slight headaches, mild symptoms, felt bad, but had worse colds.

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: Bigfoot] #7059453
11/23/20 12:27 AM
11/23/20 12:27 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
My dad was 78 and bailing big round bales Wendsday before last tring to get just a little More hay put up . he started getting sick that eavening . He tested positive tuesday when we took him to ER . Yesterday we had him taken off the ventilator so he could pass because it had brought on a stroke in the same spot he had one in 2004 .

So Sorry for your loss!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059474
11/23/20 12:57 AM
11/23/20 12:57 AM
Wyoming
T
ttzt Offline
trapper
ttzt  Offline
trapper
T

Wyoming
Just getting past it, head cold symptoms, fever, taste about gone for a few days. The worst is the fatigue, can't walk 50 yards without having to stop an catch my breath. Several nights this week, I slept 11 hours or more, that's 2 nights worth for me.

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059485
11/23/20 01:12 AM
11/23/20 01:12 AM
Lebanon, Missouri
H
H5Farm Offline
trapper
H5Farm  Offline
trapper
H

Lebanon, Missouri
Bigfoot sorry for your loss and everyone else who lost a loved one. It got my best friend and hunting buddy. It sucks.

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059487
11/23/20 01:14 AM
11/23/20 01:14 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Very sorry to hear of all your losses of friends and family. My condolences go out to you all as well as all their friends and family. frown

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059517
11/23/20 04:30 AM
11/23/20 04:30 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I wonder what if any common thread(s) there are with the people that die with it since the vast majority 99.5-99.9% of people with symptoms survive just fine without much in the way of any problems whatsoever.
Is it like the college basketball play who falls over dead from a heart attack? Are there a certain percentage of people that have a hidden weakness that is just waiting for an excuse to fail?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059519
11/23/20 04:45 AM
11/23/20 04:45 AM
Ohio
C
Cooncreek II Offline
trapper
Cooncreek II  Offline
trapper
C

Ohio
My oldest daughter tested positive Saturday she is 6 months pregnant, my middle daughter and her husband were positive yesterday. Mother-in-law was positive yesterday also, she's 93.

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059531
11/23/20 06:53 AM
11/23/20 06:53 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
we had it in our house ,all got sick wife ,daughter, and me , I got it the worst al most ended up in hospital , I had fever for 21 days , loss 15 pounds , I found it back , still not feeling the best and its been since oct. 1

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059559
11/23/20 07:44 AM
11/23/20 07:44 AM
Nebraska
T
Trappercass Offline
trapper
Trappercass  Offline
trapper
T

Nebraska
It’s in our house as the wife tested positive 6 days ago. We had been at a wedding and after she lost her taste and smell she was asked by a number of her friends in the medical field to get tested as they were at the same event.

Her symptoms have been very minor, starting off with a headache and some muscle cramps. When she lost taste she was sure she would be positive. The sore muscles stuck around for a few days was all and if it wasn’t for the lack of senses she claims she would feel completely fine now. The kids and I were obviously quarantined due do contact, however, our 14 day quarantine doesn’t officially start until the end of the wife’s 10 day quarantine as we could potentially catch the virus at anytime during her 10 days. Which essentially puts the kids and I in a 24 day quarantine, and we had isolated for 2 days prior to her test.

We could have completely isolated ourselves from her- and the kids and I would have started our 14 days immediately, but it didn’t seem right breaking up the family during all this craziness (and running away from a sick wife) and I figured with all the contact we had with her we probably had caught the virus by that point anyways, so the separation would have only been to shorten the quarantine rather than reduce our chances of catching the virus.

The kids have seemed to be completely fine the whole time, I’ve had a couple mornings of sore muscles but have been biking indoors a fair amount. I will say I’ve never been more thankful for living in the country, I can’t imagine being quarantined in an apartment or something of that nature. Ill also never complain about the wife having too much stuff in the pantry again!

Cassidy

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059564
11/23/20 07:54 AM
11/23/20 07:54 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Online content
trapper
BernieB.  Online Content
trapper

Northern Minnesota
I think I had it but I did not get tested. Daughter had it, granddaughter and grandson. They were pretty sick for a few days. Dad has it right now, he's 84. Talked to him yesterdays says he feels a little punky. He's in day 6. Hope it doesn't get much worse. Couple other friends have it right now. So far so good, but one of them is about 80 and struggling more than most, he's been in and out of the hospital the past few days.

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059569
11/23/20 08:10 AM
11/23/20 08:10 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I had it but my wife did not. Headache and fatigue were the main assailants to me. 5 solid days of bed.
For all of you who've lost loved ones, we pray that the Lord has them in His care forever and ever. Amen.

One thing for certain, those of us who minister to others in the name of Christ have been very busy. Very!
The ministerial staffing at hospitals is also very busy these days as you might expect. Two weeks ago, Baylor Hospital, across from DTS made an urgent plea for 4 students to assist their chaplaincy department since they are stretched thin right now and some of the Chaplains have Covid themselves.

Interesting times we live in for sure. At so many levels.
I'm pheasant hunting in Kansas this week with my Brittany and I'll offer prayers daily for God to heal our land, our families, and our hearts for His Glory. Not ours.
I'm tired of watching, listening, and hearing from everyone striving to make themselves out as the Messiah.
There's only ever been one who rose from the grave and who is mighty enough to have made Creation.
Jesus Christ of Bethlehem.
Everyone else is like chasing the wind.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: Bigfoot] #7059572
11/23/20 08:26 AM
11/23/20 08:26 AM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
My dad was 78 and bailing big round bales Wendsday before last tring to get just a little More hay put up . he started getting sick that eavening . He tested positive tuesday when we took him to ER . Yesterday we had him taken off the ventilator so he could pass because it had brought on a stroke in the same spot he had one in 2004 .

I appreciate that alot he will be missed by a son and daughter 8 grand children and 4 great grand children

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: waggler] #7059647
11/23/20 10:09 AM
11/23/20 10:09 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by waggler
I wonder what if any common thread(s) there are with the people that die with it since the vast majority 99.5-99.9% of people with symptoms survive just fine without much in the way of any problems whatsoever.
Is it like the college basketball play who falls over dead from a heart attack? Are there a certain percentage of people that have a hidden weakness that is just waiting for an excuse to fail?

What if one of the people who was too self-important to wear a mask gave it to them and cost them the 10 years with their loved ones they could of had before they found the other excuse to die? Too bad we don't know, I bet they would be real proud of themselves.

Last edited by ~ADC~; 11/23/20 10:11 AM.
Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059662
11/23/20 10:24 AM
11/23/20 10:24 AM
ny
G
gcs Online content
trapper
gcs  Online Content
trapper
G

ny
We thought my wife had it this past week, all the symptons, plus rash's, minus chest congestion, Spent 3 days in bed, couldn't get an appointment for testing....However she's much better last couple days, it appears it might have been shingles, they share a lot of the same symptons apparently....

My condolences to those who lost loved ones to this.

Re: Co Vid ...anybody had it [Re: NebrCatMan] #7059722
11/23/20 11:50 AM
11/23/20 11:50 AM
New Mexico
D
Desertambition Offline
trapper
Desertambition  Offline
trapper
D

New Mexico
My heart felt condolences to all those who have lost loved ones