No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: dkrug] #7064334
11/26/20 10:46 PM
11/26/20 10:46 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by dkrug
Reaching out for confirmation on those 72 Virgins ?

grin

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: 330-Trapper] #7064342
11/26/20 10:49 PM
11/26/20 10:49 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by dkrug
Reaching out for confirmation on those 72 Virgins ?

grin

I thought the same thing. That was good.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064349
11/26/20 10:54 PM
11/26/20 10:54 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
The catholics and many others err doctrinally when they imply that any sort of human action can deny the omnipotent power of God's election.

Us baptists abuse and rightfully get mocked for "once saved, always saved" but the truth still stands that those whom God has granted salvation can not be taken from Him by any other power.

Here's a few verses and commentary.

https://versebyversecommentary.com/articles/doctrine/eternal-security-2/security-of-the-believer-3/

[Linked Image]
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064362
11/26/20 11:05 PM
11/26/20 11:05 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by James
I think the Catholics would tell you that suicide violate the commandment, "Thou shall not kill."

Jim

The Ten Commandments (and the Levitical and Deuteronomy expanse on the original) were never indented as Divine commands, instructs, and Laws given to the set apart nation of Israel to achieve Salvation. Rather, Moses was Divinely given them, so that the Israelites would discover they were not achievable and thus would repent and return to Yahweh. They did not. They did what humans still do. They took 10 commands, meant to show the Righteous Character of God, as a legalistic list of "do this, don't do that," (some still view them that way today) and turned 10 of God's Commands into 613 manmade "rules and regs."

Your statement isn't good hermeneutics in theological terms and is not held as doctrinal by the Protestant Church and I don't know without a bit of research about RC's.
But there are pastors and priests who teach it.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064371
11/26/20 11:10 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I really don't care what happens to a person who commits suicide.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: ] #7064372
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Mark June
I think the Catholics would tell you that suicide violate the commandment, "Thou shall not kill."

Jim

The Ten Commandments (and the Levitical and Deuteronomy expanse on the original) were never indented as Divine commands, instructs, and Laws given to the set apart nation of Israel to achieve Salvation. Rather, Moses was Divinely given them, so that the Israelites would discover they were not achievable and thus would repent and return to Yahweh. They did not. They did what humans still do. They took 10 commands, meant to show the Righteous Character of God, as a legalistic list of "do this, don't do that," (some still view them that way today) and turned 10 of God's Commands into 613 manmade "rules and regs."

Your statement isn't good hermeneutics in theological terms and is not held as doctrinal by the Protestant Church and I don't know without a bit of research about RC's.

This post amazes me! Nothing like I was taught as a kid. If not a commandment, what is the source of some Christians opposition to abortion?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064373
11/26/20 11:11 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
It's an unanswerable question. You can not know what as someone's mind or spiritual state was upon death.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: ] #7064375
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark June

Jim

Hold up.... you're saying the 10 commandments don't apply anymore?

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: cowboy2005] #7064381
11/26/20 11:18 PM
11/26/20 11:18 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Well Mark’s post went straight over your heads!!!!

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Pawnee] #7064385
11/26/20 11:20 PM
11/26/20 11:20 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by Pawnee

Sure did, but Im willing to admit that. Now can someone explain?

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064387
11/26/20 11:22 PM
11/26/20 11:22 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Short answer James is that the fruit of the Spirit is evident in the redeemed and the fruit would not long for the killing of God's created.
Paul wrote Romans 8 as a very clear summary of being born again in Christ, to all the Romans who professed to be followers of "the Way," yet who were acting as they did before their conversion.

I don't know who or what was taught to you James, but the Spirit helps us understand. Without it, it all seems like foolishness. You see, there's a layer of humility to the Glory of God in a believer's life, and Paul was preaching throughout his NT epistles much of the OT's prophecy & testimony. In fact, the best expositor of the OT is Jesus who wrote it, followed by the Apostle Paul. Pulling out a commandment, or a Bible verse, diminishes the purpose of Holy Scripture.

The Bible is the narrative of God's Story, Inspired and Divinely provided to us so that we might know God's Character through revelation, in addition to Creation and Christ.

Maybe the person(s) who taught you taught it as our story.
They missed the grandeur of God if they did.
Exodus 34:6-7 helps you realize who God is.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: warrior] #7064390
11/26/20 11:28 PM
11/26/20 11:28 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by warrior
Us baptists abuse and rightfully get mocked for "once saved, always saved" but the truth still stands that those whom God has granted salvation can not be taken from Him by any other power.

I believe in the doctrine of election.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Posco] #7064392
11/26/20 11:32 PM
11/26/20 11:32 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Posco

As do I. The abuse and mockery I refer to is the unfortunate actions of some church goers who act as if they can live like a pagan but membership in the local church is the golden ticket.

[Linked Image]
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: cowboy2005] #7064393
11/26/20 11:33 PM
11/26/20 11:33 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by cowboy2005
Originally Posted by Pawnee

Sure did, but Im willing to admit that. Now can someone explain?

The Ten Commandments first of all were given to the Israelites. Are you a Jew?
Please know that the commands, instructs, and laws were meant to show the Isrealites who would not fear (obey the Lord) the character of God. They were not to be used as they have become known >>>>> as legal mandates.

If we are redeemed, shouldn't we be perfect as Christ said the Father is perfect? Matt. 5:48. We don't need a list of do's and don'ts do we? If so, why?
If we are truly saved by the Lamb's blood, do we need a moral list of 10 commands? Paul found this same attitude as he preached to the Jews. They were no longer bound by the Law, even as they couldn't keep the Law anyway. They always failed, except for a remnant. Yet, they would not repent and return to God.

Paul was straight forward with the Jewish in this matter, The Jew Is Condemned by the Law because no one can keep it all. God knew that. It would mean a humbling of ourselves and a seeking of God's Face (mercy).

I added the Y'alls to help read Paul who usually speaks to you "plural."

But if you bear the name “Jew” and rely upon the Law and boast in God, and know His will and approve the things that are essential, being instructed out of the Law, and are confident that y'all yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the immature, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth, y'all, therefore, who teach another, do y'all not teach yourself? Y'all who preach that one shall not steal, do y'all steal? Y'all who say that one should not commit adultery, do y'all commit adultery? Y'all who abhor idols, do y'all rob temples? Ya'll who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do y'all dishonor God? For “THE NAME OF GOD IS BLASPHEMED AMONG THE GENTILES BECAUSE OF YOU,” just as it is written. (Rom. 2 17-14)

I enjoy verse 14. Don't blame the Gentiles you Jews! You were supposed to teach them the ways of God and you didn't do it, so don't harp on the Gentiles. In fact, God now has decided to graft Gentiles to His vine, so y'all didn't do what was asked of you by God, so he'll get 'er done.

But God knew Isreal, save a remnant would fail, that's why Christ was sent for Jew and Gentiles alike.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: warrior] #7064397
11/26/20 11:37 PM
11/26/20 11:37 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Posco

As do I. The abuse and mockery I refer to is the unfortunate actions of some church goers who act as if they can live like a pagan but membership in the local church is the golden ticket.

I've read where many pastors question whether half of their congregations are actually regenerated. I wonder if it's half.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064398
11/26/20 11:38 PM
11/26/20 11:38 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Mark, the whole OT was given to the Jews. Are you saying its of no interest or applicability to Christians?

I don't think you mean that, but I can't tell what you mean.

I was taught that Moses was the LAW giver... or bringer, to be accurate. And you say the purpose of the Ten was to show the character of God?

I was taught that we cannot be perfect, that we are sinning all the time.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064400
11/26/20 11:39 PM
11/26/20 11:39 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
So, you're saying that if we are redeemed that we become perfect?
It just seems to me the list of do's and don'ts are not bad things to follow

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064401
11/26/20 11:41 PM
11/26/20 11:41 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Mark, I think you hit the nail. The original question on this thread is a rather legalistic question and the apparent assumption is the scripture must be some sort of rule book or legalistic text when it is clearly not to those who know it for what it is.
Thanks for pointing this out as it's often troubling that many read but fail to understand.

[Linked Image]
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064406
11/26/20 11:49 PM
11/26/20 11:49 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Mark, the whole OT was given to the Jews. Are you saying its of no interest or applicability to Christians?

I don't think you mean that, but I can't tell what you mean.

I was taught that Moses was the LAW giver... or bringer, to be accurate. And you say the purpose of the Ten was to show the character of God?

I was taught that we cannot be perfect, that we are sinning all the time.

Jim

Absolutely not. It's of monumental importance!
I'm studying at a literal Bible Seminary begun in 1924 by conservatives in the faith (in a world at that time filling up with latitudinalism = liberal).
I affirm all 66 Books of the Protestant faith and quote Augustine often that the New is the Old revealed. In fact, I'd say Paul didn't say anything new at all in his NT writings. It's all OT exegetical. He kept on repeating what God's anointed said in the OT.

Moses was the Law giver (from God).
FYI - I'm more of an OT scholar than NT because the basis for the entire NT is the fulfillment of the OT prophecy and Scripture = Christ.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064413
11/26/20 11:54 PM
11/26/20 11:54 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Call no man father, bow down to no man. no graven images etc. Catholics do these things and a lot more so really don't care what they have to say. The bible does not speak on abortion but several verses speak of when I formed you in the womb, I formed you in the womb etc. so I take that to mean a baby in the womb is more than just tissue and cells.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread