No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: cowboy2005] #7064415
11/26/20 11:56 PM
11/26/20 11:56 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by cowboy2005
So, you're saying that if we are redeemed that we become perfect?
It just seems to me the list of do's and don'ts are not bad things to follow

If we became perfect, the line would be down the block. God's receptive miracle is however more than the resurrection to come. We are sealed by the power of the Spirit to the One who shed His blood for us.

The fact that you sense the list of do's and don'ts is a good thing is a good thing.
Just know, that God's common grace to all His image bearers (humans) means everyone should have a sense of right and wrong. To what degree, you'd have to ask Him.
The topic of Justification (in a moment) and Sanctification is a matter of denominational doctrine or dogma, but there is much wonder in a sanctifying process that slowly buy surely changes one's hard heart to a softer version.

I hope that makes sense cowboy.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: ] #7064421
11/26/20 11:58 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by cowboy2005
So, you're saying that if we are redeemed that we become perfect?
It just seems to me the list of do's and don'ts are not bad things to follow

If we became perfect, the line would be down the block. God's receptive miracle is however more than the resurrection to come. We are sealed by the power of the Spirit to the One who shed His blood for us.

The fact that you sense the list of do's and don'ts is a good thing is a good thing.
Just know, that God's common grace to all His image bearers (humans) means everyone should have a sense of right and wrong. To what degree, you'd have to ask Him.
The topic of Justification (in a moment) and Sanctification is a matter of denominational doctrine or dogma, but there is much wonder in a sanctifying process that slowly buy surely changes one's hard heart to a softer version.

I hope that makes sense cowboy.

Blessings,
Mark

For the most part, yes.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064422
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Roman Catholic is the true original religion of Jesus Christ and His first Pope St Peter.Jesus Christ and all his apostles were Roman Catholic.
The Proddy is a made up version like Islam.

Last edited by Boco; 11/27/20 12:02 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: warrior] #7064426
11/27/20 12:04 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by warrior
Mark, I think you hit the nail. The original question on this thread is a rather legalistic question and the apparent assumption is the scripture must be some sort of rule book or legalistic text when it is clearly not to those who know it for what it is.
Thanks for pointing this out as it's often troubling that many read but fail to understand.

The self-righteous Jews prior to Christ were not a people easily persuaded to follow Yahweh, in fact becoming a people that had forgotten to teach His ways. The Pharisees of Christ's time were deeply involved (at the very heart) of the Messiah's crucifixion and we marvel at God's plan in it all.

God is never surprised by what happens and when. The sending of the Son was prophesied as far back as the Garden of Eden (Gen. 3:15) when God Himself promised the woman from her would come a Seed of Salvation. The narrative of the Bible is compelling if we can pull out all the Americanized "interpretation" and "application" and just read the narrative as it was intended. God's Story for us. Simple as that.

Legalism is alive and well in 2020 as it was in 33 AD. We have modern day Pharisees today in our churches. They like to show and tell everyone how good they are and how others can't measure up to them. I smile and share with them that we all require God's Grace. All of us.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Boco] #7064427
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I feel for all those who committed suicide prior to Biblical recording as they were not offered salvation, but on the other hand they were not involved in all the arguments from all the judgment we put into many things today.
If my Viking ancestors were forgiven for all their raiding, looting, killing and kidnapping I feel I have a toe in the door.

Bryce

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: rex123] #7064428
11/27/20 12:06 AM
11/27/20 12:06 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by rex123
Call no man father, bow down to no man. no graven images etc. Catholics do these things and a lot more so really don't care what they have to say. The bible does not speak on abortion but several verses speak of when I formed you in the womb, I formed you in the womb etc. so I take that to mean a baby in the womb is more than just tissue and cells.

Psalm 139 is one of my favorites and I read it often to my grandkids!
I suggest sharing it with our tribes.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Boco] #7064430
11/27/20 12:07 AM
11/27/20 12:07 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Boco
Roman Catholic is the true original religion of Jesus Christ and His first Pope St Peter.Jesus Christ and all his apostles were Roman Catholic.
The Proddy is a made up version like Islam.

There wasn't a Proddy until October 31, 1517.
Boco, you been nipping again?

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: bblwi] #7064433
11/27/20 12:12 AM
11/27/20 12:12 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by bblwi
I feel for all those who committed suicide prior to Biblical recording as they were not offered salvation, but on the other hand they were not involved in all the arguments from all the judgment we put into many things today.
If my Viking ancestors were forgiven for all their raiding, looting, killing and kidnapping I feel I have a toe in the door.

Bryce

Righteousness was bestowed on many prior to the Bible. How else could Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob be righteous in the sight of the Lord?
They heard the oral stories and believed as the story of God was handed down from Adam and Eve, through many generations,
or perhaps they simply marveled at Creation and thanked God.
Creation is a revelation and Scripture repeatedly tells us we will see and know God by His handiwork grin
I see it (and notice it) and thank God daily for creating it.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064457
11/27/20 12:53 AM
11/27/20 12:53 AM
Iowa
M
mink99 Offline
trapper
mink99  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
Originally Posted by James
I think the Catholics would tell you that suicide violate the commandment, "Thou shall not kill."

Jim

Isn’t it “thou shall not murder”?

Last edited by mink99; 11/27/20 12:58 AM.

ITA, NTA, FTA
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064458
11/27/20 12:56 AM
11/27/20 12:56 AM
Iowa
M
mink99 Offline
trapper
mink99  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
Pure facts are good deeds do not get you into heaven and only one thing keeps you out, the disbelief in Christ.

ITA, NTA, FTA
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: mink99] #7064459
11/27/20 12:57 AM
11/27/20 12:57 AM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by mink99
Originally Posted by James
I think the Catholics would tell you that suicide violate the commandment, "Thou shall not kill."

Jim

Isn’t it “though shall not murder”?

I believe so because some killing is justified

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064461
11/27/20 01:01 AM
11/27/20 01:01 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I feel that since threads on politics are banned on this forum we should also ban threads about religion.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: The Beav] #7064464
11/27/20 01:08 AM
11/27/20 01:08 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by The Beav
I feel that since threads on politics are banned on this forum we should also ban threads about religion.

Hahaha. I'm sure Paul values your opinion.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064465
11/27/20 01:18 AM
11/27/20 01:18 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Im just hoping a lot of priests and boy scout leaders get there just do. The suicide is a sad but personal choice and depending on how you read it or what you believe in outcome can be different.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: FairbanksLS] #7064467
11/27/20 01:23 AM
11/27/20 01:23 AM
New Mexico
D
Desertambition Offline
trapper
Desertambition  Offline
trapper
D

New Mexico
Interesting discussion, I would argue that someone that commits suicide is not in their “right mind.” I once read: "to know all is to forgive all.” It is a deep discussion to go into that, but thought I would put it out there.

I believe some of what separates protestants from catholics is “deeds.” It is my understanding that protestants believe like Mark says: “future sins are forgiven.” Catholics on the other hand hold the belief that without deeds faith is dead. Catholics believe that you can not hurt people and do bad things under the guise of God has already forgiven me.

Last edited by Desertambition; 11/27/20 02:02 AM.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064485
11/27/20 01:52 AM
11/27/20 01:52 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Yeah either way a free pass if you believe, best thing is do good always.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064490
11/27/20 02:09 AM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
The Bible doesn't say what happens to people that commit suicide.

Growing up the church/school that I went to said that suicide was blaspheming the Holy Spirit, the unforgivable sin, already referenced. However, I don't believe that belief can be supported elsewhere in Scripture, or even make sense based on my understanding of what blaspheming is. So, I need to refer back to my original statement that the Bible doesn't say what happens to people that commit suicide.

I also believe I can safely make the statement that God has given us everything in His Word to lead a fulfilling life in Christ. If suicide is not addressed, Why? Because it's not necessary. And if it's not necessary, why do people make such a big deal about it?( Including me, I had the same questions when I was younger). People live for eternity, but the outcome of where they spend that eternity is decided based on a simple decision everyone of us gets to make during our lifetime here on earth. That's scary to people(short period of time affects eternity) but not to God. Our individual lifetimes are more than enough time for God to draw us to himself and for us to accept or reject him. Anyone who is still alive has the opportunity to accept his Salvation(thief on the cross).

Hope this helps.

Side note: Its a little disturbing to see self professing Christians ridicule James for asking the questions he has. His motivations for the questions he asks are his own. We are not privy enough to his thoughts to judge. But in that case, why can't we be excited at the opportunity to try to express the Hope that we have been given in a way that would help others receive the same hope. Can I remind everyone that God loves James just as much as anyone else on here.

Bob Jansma
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064491
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I think that possibly the singling out of suicide as a possible sin may be purely cultural, as well as the intentional killing of others. We westerners generally recoil at the thought of suicide and homicide; as do I.

However, in the not too distant past in Chukchi culture it was considered a humane and kind thing to take your aging parent out onto the tundra and end their life at a particular point in time. Nobody enjoyed doing it, but it was considered the proper and moral thing to do. Will God judge them harshly for that behavior? I don't think so.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: waggler] #7064494
11/27/20 02:18 AM
11/27/20 02:18 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by waggler
I think that possibly the singling out of suicide as a possible sin may be purely cultural, as well as the intentional killing of others. We westerners generally recoil at the thought of suicide and homicide; as do I.

However, in the not too distant past in Chukchi culture it was considered a humane and kind thing to take your aging parent out onto the tundra and end their life at a particular point in time. Nobody enjoyed doing it, but it was considered the proper and moral thing to do. Will God judge them harshly for that behavior? I don't think so.

I'd be moving away from that place after retirement.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064499
11/27/20 02:26 AM
11/27/20 02:26 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
back into the carbon cycle, atoms go everywhere. The natural world, of which we are part like it or not doesn't care how or at who's hands one dies

Some atoms may tumble around going from one living thing to another several times a year, others may get tied up for decades in the sediment.

Thats why when I die cremate me and toss my ashes to the wind, I want to be part of the living world again.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread