No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: bjansma] #7064500
11/27/20 02:27 AM
11/27/20 02:27 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by bjansma

Side note: Its a little disturbing to see self professing Christians ridicule James for asking the questions he has. His motivations for the questions he asks are his own. We are not privy enough to his thoughts to judge. But in that case, why can't we be excited at the opportunity to try to express the Hope that we have been given in a way that would help others receive the same hope. Can I remind everyone that God loves James just as much as anyone else on here.

Psalm 141:9-10

9 Keep me from the snares they have laid for me,
And from the traps of the workers of iniquity.
10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
While I escape safely.

Sorry, his past behavior has set the table.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 11/27/20 02:27 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7064502
11/27/20 02:39 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
^^^^^^^
We all have "past behavior" that I will bet we are not very proud of.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064503
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Some folks can find a scripture for whatever they want to do.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064504
11/27/20 02:40 AM
11/27/20 02:40 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I know of no past behavior I'm ashamed of. Not here anyway.

Be specific. Bad-mouthing your idol doesn't count.

Jim

Last edited by James; 11/27/20 02:42 AM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: waggler] #7064505
11/27/20 02:43 AM
11/27/20 02:43 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by waggler
^^^^^^^
We all have "past behavior" that I will bet we are not very proud of.

Yes, then we humbled ourselves before God. What’s your point?

-Goofy-
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064534
11/27/20 06:24 AM
11/27/20 06:24 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Its very simple Jim, all you have to do is TRULY believe in Him!!!!! Dont complicate things. I dont claim to be a Biblical scholar, but I do know John 3:16 will set you free. Don't get caught up in this or that. Study the Good book..........

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064571
11/27/20 07:28 AM
11/27/20 07:28 AM

T
Trap_Hunt_Fish
Unregistered
Trap_Hunt_Fish
Unregistered
T

7 pages trying to rationalize with a heathen that tries to intellectualize faith. I learned many years ago it’s a lost cause

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: The Beav] #7064579
11/27/20 08:01 AM
11/27/20 08:01 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by The Beav
I feel that since threads on politics are banned on this forum we should also ban threads about religion.

Maybe just maybe, we as trappers are the front line of those who appreciate God's Creation.
I don't click on threads I don't want to view.
You sound like a progressive Beav when "you" decide what is good in your eyes.
Bossman has my utmost respect and if you poofs a post, it's his to poof.
All the rest of us roll tide.
Oh wait, I ain't from JTrapper country smirk

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064580
11/27/20 08:02 AM
11/27/20 08:02 AM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
I think James has always thought himself smarter than GOD.
Now, I think GOD may be dealing with his heart and he's running
as hard as he can to get away from what he know he will have to admit.
Stop running James, life could be so peaceful if you let HIM into
your heart.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Dirty D] #7064582
11/27/20 08:06 AM
11/27/20 08:06 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Dirty D
back into the carbon cycle, atoms go everywhere. The natural world, of which we are part like it or not doesn't care how or at who's hands one dies

Some atoms may tumble around going from one living thing to another several times a year, others may get tied up for decades in the sediment.

Thats why when I die cremate me and toss my ashes to the wind, I want to be part of the living world again.

But most of us are not pantheists. It is a large worldwide religion however.
Most on TMan don't believe all is god and god is all. We believe in the beginning He formed His Creation and crafted image bearers to be ambassadors on earth and then.... the Fall.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064588
11/27/20 08:14 AM
11/27/20 08:14 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by James
Some folks can find a scripture for whatever they want to do.

Jim

To my point of Teach Truth, Love Well or Preach the Word, the mottos of DTS;
Scripture is about God and we have to be careful that we don't aim it too broadly at his image bearers. As an example most know John 3:16. What does John 3:15 say? How about John 3:17?

The narrative of ALL the Bible is Scripture, not a Book or two. All is inspired and revealed to us centuries after it was written for His purposes, His Will, and His Glory. If we are truly grateful for His Grace (unmerited or undeserved mercy) than a humble heart will seek Godliness. A heard prideful heart will not. Simple as that really.

We love our neighbors as ourselves and pray for our enemies because some portions of the Scripture are for teaching, reproof and training in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16).
We get in trouble when we as teachers of the Word stand too firm on the Bible, especially those who teach who don't read it in it's original language. The Hebrew and Greek is often more exact language than English. Often.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Donnie H] #7064596
11/27/20 08:25 AM
11/27/20 08:25 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Donnie H
I think James has always thought himself smarter than GOD.
Now, I think GOD may be dealing with his heart and he's running
as hard as he can to get away from what he know he will have to admit.
Stop running James, life could be so peaceful if you let HIM into
your heart.

I don't think I'm smarter than God. If there is a God, he's got to be much smarter than me. In fact, I wouldn't even be on his list of most interesting people to talk to.

I've often thought I should have been named my younger brother's name: Thomas. Except he, an aerospace engineer, is as much of a skeptic as I am. He's not smarter than God either, though he's closer than I am.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064598
11/27/20 08:31 AM
11/27/20 08:31 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Try it and get back to us.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064606
11/27/20 08:39 AM
11/27/20 08:39 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

A number of us have tried to answer your Q in sincerity. I hope it, in some small way, answers a bit of it for you. Prayers to God will answer more than we can. Truly.

James, you continually seek God in logic, and you will not find Him there. That doesn't mean there is no logic to our faith. I see God in every complex ecosystem. Others find Him in other places in their lives.

I used to believe it was me that made the decision to accept Christ. Maybe about 50/50 on God's part. I now believe it was 100% God. And please don't ask me to explain what I can't quite figure out. I'm ok with the mystery of an infinite God. I'm just glad that for some odd reason, I love the outdoors, love the smell of a wet muskrat pelt like crazy, prefer venison over beef, and think cow poo smells ok. God touches us one by one. The good news He doesn't stop trying to get our attention. Sometimes it's even through suffering to bring our pride to heal. That's not uncommon. You're probably closer to your Maker than you realize, and you're fascinated by your son the follower, yet your Greek taught logic is trying to put theology into systematic piles. grin Isn't it marvelous, above all else, that all of humankind has sought a creator? It's actually a strong argument for the existence of God.

We can call you Thomas if you prefer but you know, he died a martyr because he would not recant what he had seen.
We see the Father because we have seen the Son also. Not literally of course, but they didn't have a NT Bible then. We do. The OT is revealed to us through Christ.
In Him were all things made. You, me, us, the earth, all.

Understand faith stands right in front of you brother and we all accept and then try humbly to figure it all out. Not the other way around. By God's design.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064622
11/27/20 08:50 AM
11/27/20 08:50 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

James, clear out a few PMs and I'll send you something sir.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064628
11/27/20 08:56 AM
11/27/20 08:56 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Done, Mark. I can't keep up with all my fan mail.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: ] #7064632
11/27/20 08:57 AM
11/27/20 08:57 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Mark June
A number of us have tried to answer your Q in sincerity. I hope it, in some small way, answers a bit of it for you. Prayers to God will answer more than we can. Truly.

James, you continually seek God in logic, and you will not find Him there. That doesn't mean there is no logic to our faith. I see God in every complex ecosystem. Others find Him in other places in their lives.

I used to believe it was me that made the decision to accept Christ. Maybe about 50/50 on God's part. I now believe it was 100% God. And please don't ask me to explain what I can't quite figure out. I'm ok with the mystery of an infinite God. I'm just glad that for some odd reason, I love the outdoors, love the smell of a wet muskrat pelt like crazy, prefer venison over beef, and think cow poo smells ok. God touches us one by one. The good news He doesn't stop trying to get our attention. Sometimes it's even through suffering to bring our pride to heal. That's not uncommon. You're probably closer to your Maker than you realize, and you're fascinated by your son the follower, yet your Greek taught logic is trying to put theology into systematic piles. grin Isn't it marvelous, above all else, that all of humankind has sought a creator? It's actually a strong argument for the existence of God.

We can call you Thomas if you prefer but you know, he died a martyr because he would not recant what he had seen.
We see the Father because we have seen the Son also. Not literally of course, but they didn't have a NT Bible then. We do. The OT is revealed to us through Christ.
In Him were all things made. You, me, us, the earth, all.

Understand faith stands right in front of you brother and we all accept and then try humbly to figure it all out. Not the other way around. By God's design.

Blessings!
Mark

So why does God seek out some people, like you and my son, but not others?

I wouldn't be hard to find, by a divine being.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064643
11/27/20 09:04 AM
11/27/20 09:04 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by James
So why does God seek out some people, like you and my son, but not others?

I wouldn't be hard to find, by a divine being.

Jim

You might be playing hard to get, most skeptics do. God is sovereign, no one knows the answer to that. I have/had seven siblings, two of the eight are believers, myself being one of the two. Parents were not.

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064646
11/27/20 09:05 AM
11/27/20 09:05 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

^^^^^^^ That is a very deep Q. My answer (I'm not alone but there are many aspects from many others) is that God has called you, and will continue to do so. Each testimony has a different story. You have one or will have one, but many stand in opposition, and I think it's fascinating that God could make us ALL do whatever He delights in. How sweet the choices He allows us. I hold it's part of His redemptive plan. He is gathering His Church in this era and when He's done gathering, the Trumpet will sound.

It's in the Bible. From front to back.

I sent you a link I know you'll enjoy.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064662
11/27/20 09:20 AM
11/27/20 09:20 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper