No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064886
11/27/20 01:36 PM
11/27/20 01:36 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
What if someone else loads the gun, but if the person that's tired of living pulls the trigger?
It could still be ruled a accident right?
Or if you shoot a grizzly bear an wound it and go into the brush to retrieve it ,but
Forget your gun would that be considered suicide? Or just plain C.R .S.

Let me sugar coat this
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: beartooth trapr] #7064887
11/27/20 01:43 PM
11/27/20 01:43 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
What if someone else loads the gun, but if the person that's tired of living pulls the trigger?
It could still be ruled a accident right?
Or if you shoot a grizzly bear an wound it and go into the brush to retrieve it ,but
Forget your gun would that be considered suicide? Or just plain C.R .S.

If someone else loads it and you pull the trigger its still suicide unless you were unaware that it was loaded

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064888
11/27/20 01:49 PM
11/27/20 01:49 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
There are times, like incurable disease, where suicide makes sense to me.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064891
11/27/20 02:04 PM
11/27/20 02:04 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
After reading the first 5 pages of this I am glad I believe the way I do...that when I die, no matter how it happens...I am simply going to rot away and that's it. Hopefully folks will have enough memories of me to carry me into the future.

That's it...nice and simple so I can still enjoy life and not really worry about the future after I am gone.

Moosetrot

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064917
11/27/20 02:45 PM
11/27/20 02:45 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by James
When I was a kid we said certain prayers to buy time off in Purgatory. Say a given prayer three times a day for a month, and you just bought yourself 396 days off in Purgatory.

In my youthful zeal, I once accumulated more than 25 years off in Purgatory, at the time probably more than my sentence would have been if my young life had been cut short. Since then, 25 years won't be a drop in the bucket of my sins.

You can see how some of this stuff looks to outsiders, can't you?

Jim

That's why Martin Luther reflected deeply upon two verses of Scripture that as a priest made no sense to him, and the selling of remonstrances, he deemed was the work of men, not God. So, the nailing of the 95 theses to the Catholic (Universal - not Roman Catholic) church door in Wittenburg in 1517.

Romans 1:17; For in it (the Gospel) the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written,“but the righteous man shall live by faith.”. <<<<< Habakkuk 2:4
and
Romans 3:24; being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus.

I smile when folks tell me only uneducated people believe in God. There have been countless brilliant people (then and now) place faith in God. Intelligence is not a hindrance or an aid. Paul was one of the brilliant. Spoke multiple languages, was able to memorize vast literary works, and was a dual citizen in the most powerful empire at that time.

Paul's writing of Romans is key; we are not ashamed of the Gospel, and that the Gospel is the faith through which God declares us righteous by faith, from the beginning to the end. You can't be righteous by following any law, only through faith.

Luther, along with Calvin, and Zwingli would lead a movement away from the workings of 1,000 years of Catholic Church, for the reasons you state James.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Moosetrot] #7064924
11/27/20 02:55 PM
11/27/20 02:55 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
After reading the first 5 pages of this I am glad I believe the way I do...that when I die, no matter how it happens...I am simply going to rot away and that's it. Hopefully folks will have enough memories of me to carry me into the future.

That's it...nice and simple so I can still enjoy life and not really worry about the future after I am gone.

Moosetrot

I'm on that same page Moosetrot.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064931
11/27/20 03:05 PM
11/27/20 03:05 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Atheists in America since the 1900's are now the norm. Prior to that there were very few atheists in the world. What changed? The inventions of man escalated and an evolutionary theory was proposed in the 1800's.

Now, all can place their hope in the blessings of men, "Good luck," and "I wish you well," rather than "May God Bless," and "May God's Face shine upon you," spoken for countless centuries.

America was founded by deeply religious men and women, something that would never happen in today's culture.
Imperfect as followers of Christ all are on this earth, they forged the greatest land of liberty and freedom in His Name.
If you get right down to the meat on the bone, today's followers are hold outs of a time that has been largely forgotten by almost everyone, including some on this forum.
We honor our Christian nation and mourn it's evolution away from the founder's principles that all men are created equal in the eyes of the Lord.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064933
11/27/20 03:10 PM
11/27/20 03:10 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Jesus had some to say about purgatory. The Jews would bury their parents in one place for 11 months less one day. Then at the end of that they would open the tomb and gather the bones for their final burial It was their belief the rotting away of the flesh purged them from all uncleanness. Also during that time they would say prayers for the departed. I've read it was actually a help for the living to get thru their loss easier. For relatives not so close it was less praying. Jesus had a follower that said he would follow but first let him bury his dead father , well that would take 11 months and maybe his father wasn't even dead yet. Jesus told him to let the dead bury their own dead, meaning since the dead were with the other dead to let them take care of their own.

Their was a guy near here died and they was taking up money to get him out of purgatory. They went to his nephew and he asked them how they was coming along getting him out of purgatory. They said pretty good, if we can just get another $200 we think he will be ok. The nephew said, I don't have it, you will just have to let him go!

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064935
11/27/20 03:18 PM
11/27/20 03:18 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We can prove God is alive and abounds in love + kindness = lovingkindness (chesed is the Hebrew and there is no English word that sufficiently describes the attributes of God)....
He allows us to keep on keeping and though He doesn't need any of us, He loves each of us. We are 6 billion examples of His ability and creativity.

Left up to us, there'd be a whole lot more retribution in the neighborhoods.
Because of course "they" deserved it.

Thank you Lord for not pushing the red button and starting over again as you did in the time of Noah.
We love rainbows!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064945
11/27/20 03:28 PM
11/27/20 03:28 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
One of the main reasons for more atheist are the modern churches and the way they conduct themselves.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: rex123] #7064960
11/27/20 03:46 PM
11/27/20 03:46 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by rex123
One of the main reasons for more atheist are the modern churches and the way they conduct themselves.

Culture has a deep impact on all things.
There is a movement toward the orthodox or traditional doctrines of the faith, but not all seminaries teach it, and not everyone attends seminary.
Al Sharpton was ordained at age 10 as an example.
Most all the universities started as seminaries are now just secular colleges with old names like Yale, Harvard, Princeton, etc.
But God is at the helm so all is well.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7064979
11/27/20 04:03 PM
11/27/20 04:03 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Purgatory has to be one of the most non-biblical theologies to ever make it into Catholicism, and they have several of those.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Yukon John] #7065016
11/27/20 04:54 PM
11/27/20 04:54 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Yukon John
I don't understand why you keep doing this.

Jim likes to show everyone how "enlightened", "deep" and "smart" he is.

to reply to his post....DON'T DO IT, Jim!!!!

Last edited by white marlin; 11/27/20 04:55 PM.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: PAskinner] #7065022
11/27/20 05:00 PM
11/27/20 05:00 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by PAskinner
Purgatory has to be one of the most non-biblical theologies to ever make it into Catholicism, and they have several of those.

Catholics are the most confused people in America. They vote overwhelmly democrat, yet claim to despise the democrat platform. I would rather be an athiest than a catholic.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Foxpaw] #7065023
11/27/20 05:01 PM
11/27/20 05:01 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Jesus had a follower that said he would follow but first let him bury his dead father , well that would take 11 months and maybe his father wasn't even dead yet. Jesus told him to let the dead bury their own dead, meaning since the dead were with the other dead to let them take care of their own.

Hopefully, Mr. June will chime in on this, but I don't think Jesus meant the literal "dead" should take care of other dead people. I think He meant that let those who are SPIRITUALLY dead waste their time (when they COULD have been following Christ) burying those who have died.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Moosetrot] #7065029
11/27/20 05:12 PM
11/27/20 05:12 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Moosetrot

I thought you would get blown away by an audible! grin

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065035
11/27/20 05:19 PM
11/27/20 05:19 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I question no living person can answer.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065093
11/27/20 06:30 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
AH, BUT !!!! what IF !!! there is no Heaven or Damnation ! For the believers out there, what IF after we die, we find out that our spirit is permanently stuck in a box 6 feet underground? No meeting long gone Family and friends. No everlasting life. Just stuck in a box, buried beneath the dirt. Then everything that was written in the Bible , would turn out to be a HUGE fiction novel. I know, the believers will not be swayed by thinking outside the box. But what if that turned out to be true ???

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065095
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by James

What I'm interested in discussing here is what happens after one commits suicide?

What happens ?

A lot of them probably vote Democrat.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Canvasback2] #7065101
11/27/20 06:37 PM
11/27/20 06:37 PM
wisconsin
cowboy2005 Offline
trapper
cowboy2005  Offline
trapper

wisconsin
Originally Posted by Canvasback2
AH, BUT !!!! what IF !!! there is no Heaven or Damnation ! For the believers out there, what IF after we die, we find out that our spirit is permanently stuck in a box 6 feet underground? No meeting long gone Family and friends. No everlasting life. Just stuck in a box, buried beneath the dirt. Then everything that was written in the Bible , would turn out to be a HUGE fiction novel. I know, the believers will not be swayed by thinking outside the box. But what if that turned out to be true ???

Then we are trapped in a box. But what if you die and go to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)??? What then? Or what if you're living in a simulation and when you die you wake up into the "real world"?

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread