No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065104
11/27/20 06:39 PM
11/27/20 06:39 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Epstein didn't commit suicide.

No Jab.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Canvasback2] #7065105
11/27/20 06:40 PM
11/27/20 06:40 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Canvasback2
AH, BUT !!!! what IF !!! there is no Heaven or Damnation ! For the believers out there, what IF after we die, we find out that our spirit is permanently stuck in a box 6 feet underground? No meeting long gone Family and friends. No everlasting life. Just stuck in a box, buried beneath the dirt. Then everything that was written in the Bible , would turn out to be a HUGE fiction novel. I know, the believers will not be swayed by thinking outside the box. But what if that turned out to be true ???

If you have a spirit, it can't be contained in a box.

No Jab.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Diggerman] #7065111
11/27/20 06:45 PM
11/27/20 06:45 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by PAskinner
Purgatory has to be one of the most non-biblical theologies to ever make it into Catholicism, and they have several of those.

Catholics are the most confused people in America. They vote overwhelmly democrat, yet claim to despise the democrat platform. I would rather be an athiest than a catholic.

Interesting. I would like to see stats on that. The Catholics I know of are too pro life to vote for abortion. I don't dislike Catholics, I just don't believe that some of their doctrine is biblical, but tradition.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Canvasback2] #7065113
11/27/20 06:47 PM
11/27/20 06:47 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
AH, BUT !!!! what IF !!! there is no Heaven or Damnation ! For the believers out there, what IF after we die, we find out that our spirit is permanently stuck in a box 6 feet underground? No meeting long gone Family and friends. No everlasting life. Just stuck in a box, buried beneath the dirt. Then everything that was written in the Bible , would turn out to be a HUGE fiction novel. I know, the believers will not be swayed by thinking outside the box. But what if that turned out to be true ???

Then I have lost absolutely nothing and will have lived a good and moral life loving others as myself.
But won't you look like a fool having laughed and mocked me the entire way and we both end up dead and gone.

[Linked Image]
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Canvasback2] #7065115
11/27/20 06:49 PM
11/27/20 06:49 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Speaking of “what if”, what if what John describes in Revelation happens after we pass. Sure would help explain why there always seems to be a cycle of “end times”. 150,000 people die a day on a planet that has both night and day. That would be a lot of people to John and the sky can open and trumpets sounding for all of them if they are on the other side. lol

-Goofy-
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065116
11/27/20 06:51 PM
11/27/20 06:51 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I committed this to memory years ago.

There is a time, I know not when,
A place, I know not where,
Which marks the destiny of men
To Heaven or despair.

There is a line by us not seen,
Which crosses every path;
The hidden boundary between
God's patience and His wrath.

To cross that limit is to die,
To die, as if by stealth.
It may not pale the beaming eye,
Nor quench the glowing health.

The conscience may be still at ease,
The Spirit light and gay.
That which is pleasing still may please
And care be thrust away.

But on that forehead God hath set
Indelibly a mark,
By man unseen, for man as yet
Is blind and in the dark.

And still the doomed man's path below
May bloom like Eden bloomed.
He did not, does not, will not know,
Now feel that he is doomed.

He feels, he sees that all is well,
His every fear is calmed.
He lives, he dies, he wakes in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman),
Not only doomed, but damned.

Oh, where is that mysterious bourn,
By which each path is crossed,
Beyond which God Himself hath sworn
That he who goes is lost?

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065207
11/27/20 08:09 PM
11/27/20 08:09 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by James
When I was a kid we said certain prayers to buy time off in Purgatory. Say a given prayer three times a day for a month, and you just bought yourself 396 days off in Purgatory.

In my youthful zeal, I once accumulated more than 25 years off in Purgatory, at the time probably more than my sentence would have been if my young life had been cut short. Since then, 25 years won't be a drop in the bucket of my sins.

You can see how some of this stuff looks to outsiders, can't you?

Jim

It looks to me like you didn't get that from the Bible.

Matthew 6:6

6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.…

Perhaps you genuinely feel that the God you were taught about doesn't make sense. I think it's in part because the Christianity you were taught doesn't make sense to you. Catholicism Is very different from how some others interpret the Bible.

I imagine you are aware if this.

I could go on, but I'm not sure if you are really seeking answers, or just like to debate.

Levi
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Canvasback2] #7065291
11/27/20 09:18 PM
11/27/20 09:18 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Valid question that's been asked by millions.
You might start with two key considerations that help you answer your Q;
1. Are we really here? Or are the gnostics correct in that this life is one big quest to get to the real place.... the demiurge! If you believe you are really here,
2. Did Christ rise from the grave on the third day?

You'll decide for yourself what your answers are to these two fundamental questions.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065334
11/27/20 09:53 PM
11/27/20 09:53 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I was a nominal Christian for a number of years...meaning I professed something I didn't possess. Can someone be regenerated, be "born again" and not know it? Maybe, but that's certainly not my experience. When God moves in your life you know it.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Posco] #7065340
11/27/20 09:59 PM
11/27/20 09:59 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Posco
I was a nominal Christian for a number of years...meaning I professed something I didn't possess. Can someone be regenerated, be "born again" and not know it? Maybe, but that's certainly not my experience. When God moves in your life you know it.

It isn’t unheard of that some burn out and require another dip.

-Goofy-
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: walleyed] #7065422
11/27/20 10:49 PM
11/27/20 10:49 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by walleyed

What I'm interested in discussing here is what happens after one commits suicide?

What happens ?

A lot of them probably vote Democrat.

That's funny no matter who you are!

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065427
11/27/20 10:54 PM
11/27/20 10:54 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Obvious if you can commit suiside your not all there to say the least

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065437
11/27/20 11:05 PM
11/27/20 11:05 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
I think the Catholics would tell you that suicide violate the commandment, "Thou shall not kill."

Jim

Just another mistake they make.

They also choose to ignore where the Bible tells us to use Capital Punishment.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: ] #7065451
11/27/20 11:18 PM
11/27/20 11:18 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Mark June

Valid question that's been asked by millions.
You might start with two key considerations that help you answer your Q;
1. Are we really here? Or are the gnostics correct in that this life is one big quest to get to the real place.... the demiurge! If you believe you are really here,
2. Did Christ rise from the grave on the third day?

You'll decide for yourself what your answers are to these two fundamental questions.

As for question 1, I've read a cosmology theory that is Gnostic. It postulates that everything we see, including others and ourselves, are just holograms projected by some super-powerful alien race. The reasoning goes like this:

The universe is very old, something like 13.4 billion years if memory serves. The universe is also massive, perhaps infinite. Given the time and size, the law of averages says there must be some super-advanced species out there capable of projecting everything as a hologram. And because they can, they will do it. In ancient times people believed the stars and planets were projected on a dome. That's essentially what these aliens are doing, according to the theory.

I'm not trying to debate anything here. I do at times post to debate--I don't see anything wrong with that--but this thread is aimed at speculations and beliefs--what others think.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: Snowpa] #7065452
11/27/20 11:19 PM
11/27/20 11:19 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by Snowpa
Obvious if you can commit suiside your not all there to say the least

Your statement makes me wonder if you are all there to say the least.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065539
11/28/20 02:26 AM
11/28/20 02:26 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
This subject is personal to me because my maternal grandfather killed himself the year before I was born.

Aside from an almost unbearable loss, it created a dilemma for my mother's strict Catholic family. Their faith held that suicide is a mortal sin.

But my maternal family must have been counseled by a priest or someone; they comforted themselves by believing my grandfather was in heaven because God didn't judge people for things they do when not in their right mind.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: ] #7065545
11/28/20 02:46 AM
11/28/20 02:46 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by Mark June

But most of us are not pantheists. It is a large worldwide religion however.
Most on TMan don't believe all is god and god is all. We believe in the beginning He formed His Creation and crafted image bearers to be ambassadors on earth and then.... the Fall.

Didn't know I was a pantheist and never heard of it, learn something new every day I guess.

I don't fault or sneer at your beliefs, I have respect in fact those that believe. I do not mean to belittle anyone.

That said I know what I believe to be true as a undeniable fact tho.

Matter can't be destroyed, only changes form.

Quoting scriptures does nothing to prove anything.

At least I can dig up scientific papers to prove my beliefs.

Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: James] #7065546
11/28/20 02:48 AM
11/28/20 02:48 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I doubt my belief will be popular here with either side. I believe if you just pop yourself in the head without any thoughts in your head before hand you're probably going to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). But I ALSO believe if you pray just beforehand with a "forgive me God but I'm not strong enough" or "Please God help me" or some other honest sentiment you might not have a one way ticket there.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7065547
11/28/20 02:56 AM
11/28/20 02:56 AM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
I went to high school with a kid, who's dad shot and killed himself on the anniversary of his father doing the same.
Think that wouldn't be rough on a family ?
But you bring up some rough memories. I was in grade school in a tiny rural town in 3rd or 4th ? grade. The classes were combined. We had the preachers daughter in our class, and her mother went in the bathroom at home with a 12 gauge shotgun
and cured her migraine head aches.
Still haven't got my head wrapped around that, over 60 years ago.

Last edited by dkrug; 11/28/20 03:07 AM.
Re: What happens to suicides after death? [Re: dkrug] #7065550
11/28/20 03:11 AM
11/28/20 03:11 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by dkrug
I went to high school with a kid, who's dad shot and killed himself on the anniversary of his father doing the same.
Think that wouldn't be rough on a family ?
But you bring up some rough memories. I was in grade school in a tiny rural town in 3rd or 4th ? grade. The classes were combined. We had the preachers daughter in our class, and her mother went in the bathroom at home with a 12 gauge shotgun
and cured her migraine head aches.
Still haven't got my head wrapped around that, over 60 years ago.

Sometimes people just get tired of living. If they're religious and can justify it in their mind, they just think they're going home.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread