No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Lugnut] #7075422
12/05/20 08:07 PM
12/05/20 08:07 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I even got yelled at in a McDonald's Drive Thru for not wearing one. [/quote]

My condolences,that must have been hard on you.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075444
12/05/20 08:15 PM
12/05/20 08:15 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
My Dad just Died Thursday.
Listed cause of death as Covid.
Never mind at 89 his bad heart, diabetes and the Pneumonia he had.
Never mind he wasn't strong enough to get off the floor when he fell. And fall he did, had the rescue squad at his house 3 times the week before to get him up off the floor.
Never mind that he was unable to take care of his own meds. he forgot them and sent himself into a coma about 2 weeks ago. another trip for the rescue squad.

Yea, the covid killed him. crazy

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075462
12/05/20 08:21 PM
12/05/20 08:21 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Oregon just has hit its expected Thanksgiving spike. Over 2000 new cases yesterday. A new record. Back when this started it took Oregon over three months before it logged a total 2000 confirmed cases. Now that is matched in one day. No let up in sight. Gonna get worse.

Wearing masks doesn't mean you're a liberal or against freedom or anything like that. It means you're protecting your fellow human being.

I will not comply. No mask for me. No proof they work.

No Jab.
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Dirty D] #7075471
12/05/20 08:23 PM
12/05/20 08:23 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Dirty D
Never mind he wasn't strong enough to get off the floor when he fell. And fall he did, had the rescue squad at his house 3 times the week before to get him up off the floor.
Never mind that he was unable to take care of his own meds. he forgot them and sent himself into a coma about 2 weeks ago. another trip for the rescue squad.

Sorry to hear about your father, sincerely. My aunt, I took care of after my mom passed. Mom was looking after her, she was a special aunt. She has been in a nursing home for a year and a half. two lung pneumonia bouts last summer. Another bout December / January, April of this year she passed with the same symptoms as the previous bouts. 86 years old. Cause of death, Covid 19, no autopsy, no Covid tests of any type. No consideration of past years lung pneumonia issues, long before Covid came to America.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Dirty D] #7075475
12/05/20 08:24 PM
12/05/20 08:24 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Dirty D

May your father rest with his Father in Heaven DirtyD.
Let's all remember the people rather than the circumstances is my ministry to families at present.
Everyone is keyed up about NOT being able to see their dying loved ones, whether they have or don't have Covid.
Security in the hospitals is at max.
Father, let us remember the sweet fragrance of the peace and tranquillity in Your Mighty Name.
As the world boots us down the hall.

Let us remember our loved ones with a smile and gladly seek Your Face amongst all the man made mess.

Amen.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7075478
12/05/20 08:27 PM
12/05/20 08:27 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Originally Posted by Boco
Why are they wearing them then?

It may be a stretch for your understanding, but perhaps the rules require the masks and shields....

wink

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Boco] #7075487
12/05/20 08:32 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Around 20% of those who recover from covid have permanent pulmonary damage.Some are dying from strokes months after "recovery".

Yet everyone blames people for not wearing masks and not a peep is said about China.

No Jab.
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Co�s] #7075488
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Online content
trapper
Bigbrownie  Online Content
trapper
B

Pa.
Originally Posted by Coös
For gods sake. Of course the masks don’t stop the virus. But they do provide some protection. So does staying the heck home if you can, washing your hands, being healthy blah blah blah.

You guys are unbelievable. “It’s spreading like wildfire and there’s more masks than ever so it’s BS” “Covid numbers are all outrageously overinflated and being counted by Biden fraud scammers”

If you’re this terrified of your grip on your personal freedoms, or insecure or whatever... well good luck.

There’s a middle road in all of this. Try to find it.

Agreed...good post.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075507
12/05/20 08:42 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I'll play.
What's a middle of the road plan we might all agree is useful.
We're talking about useful, true?

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Boco] #7075508
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Why are they wearing them then?

"Trump tweets image of himself wearing a mask and calls it 'patriotic'"

Obviously they are" patriotic"

Who is John Galt?
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Co�s] #7075523
12/05/20 08:47 PM
12/05/20 08:47 PM
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
C
CJW Offline
trapper
CJW  Offline
trapper
C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
For gods sake. Of course the masks don’t stop the virus. But they do provide some protection. So does staying the heck home if you can, washing your hands, being healthy blah blah blah.

You guys are unbelievable. “It’s spreading like wildfire and there’s more masks than ever so it’s BS” “Covid numbers are all outrageously overinflated and being counted by Biden fraud scammers”

If you’re this terrified of your grip on your personal freedoms, or insecure or whatever... well good luck.

If there is one thing I have learned this year, it's that I am equally afraid of people on both sides, including some who have posted here. The inability of people to find the aforementioned middle ground is truly terrifying. It's their way or the highway. Even with this year being ruined, people still refuse to wear masks to even give it a chance that we'll have a somewhat normal 2021. It's like a bunch of petulant teenagers who won't be told what to do by their parents. Do I believe everything we're being told? No. Do I believe this virus is very dangerous to some people and highly infectious, even to some healthy people? Yes.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Boco] #7075527
12/05/20 08:48 PM
12/05/20 08:48 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Lugnut
I even got yelled at in a McDonald's Drive Thru for not wearing one.

My condolences,that must have been hard on you.

It was harder on the punk that did the yelling.

Eh...wot?

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: CJW] #7075555
12/05/20 09:00 PM
12/05/20 09:00 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by CJW

If there is one thing I have learned this year, it's that I am equally afraid of people on both sides, including some who have posted here. The inability of people to find the aforementioned middle ground is truly terrifying. It's their way or the highway. Even with this year being ruined, people still refuse to wear masks to even give it a chance that we'll have a somewhat normal 2021. It's like a bunch of petulant teenagers who won't be told what to do by their parents. Do I believe everything we're being told? No. Do I believe this virus is very dangerous to some people and highly infectious, even to some healthy people? Yes.

Well the good news is with all the lock downs we'll have a lot more key board experts before long.
Oh and about next year, with or without masks, or JB or DJT, the folks are riled and you can expect not so much smoothness.
We've been wearing masks for 10 months now. I have one on most hours of every day in Dallas. The latest focus isn't anything more than "cover your nose too!!!!"
People are incapable of rational thought. I've already had COVID-19. I'm not even a carrier according to medical science (whoever that is these days) so why do I have to wear a mask? I don't mind but it's not effective at all.

It's an attempt to stop dying. Understood.
More people dying of opiate overdoses around where I'm serving. The mask doesn't seem to work against ingesting too many narcs either.
Wish it all did.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7075562
12/05/20 09:05 PM
12/05/20 09:05 PM
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
C
CJW Offline
trapper
CJW  Offline
trapper
C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds

Why is it that when someone says they're taking small precautions against this virus people accuse them of being afraid to live and in favor of tyranny? How is it affecting your freedom? I know the survival rate is very high, but it has also killed off several members of a single family.

Why is it those who are so wound up about covid cannot seem to leave other folks alone? I mean go ahead wear your mask, social distance, please social distance, I don't want you near me either. And quit harping on us about our choices. They don't affect you if you're masked up and at shouting distance. [/quote]

My quotes didn't work for some reason.

That's sort of my point. One group wants everyone to wear masks and to dictate their life. Wackos.
The other extreme is the person who sees anyone with a mask as a collaborator of a tyranical gov't. Wackos. I choose to wear one so am labeled a collaborator even though I just want everyone to be able to get back to normal by doing my little, hopefully effective part.

Last edited by CJW; 12/05/20 09:20 PM.
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: ] #7075592
12/05/20 09:22 PM
12/05/20 09:22 PM
MO bootheel
trapper124 Offline
Trapper Mark, M.D
trapper124  Offline
Trapper Mark, M.D

MO bootheel
Originally Posted by Mark June
No one but politicians or partisan docs are promoting masks as effective.
Viruses are way more insidious and effective than masks.

Does it matter which party this partisan doc is in? I know a republican doc pretty well. I keep seeing him in mirrors, shiny water, pictures of me, etc. I just need to let him know if he can still use medical decision making or give it up to politics.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075614
12/05/20 09:32 PM
12/05/20 09:32 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I think politics has turned this virus from rational medical thought to I can't really describe it.
TM MD, I spent 29 years amongst your speciality in the field of mental health, specifically neurology, and I watch docs now just going through the motion, not making waves, and keeping their heads low. I am at a big hospital in a major metro, and people are working hard....
that's not in question.

No one seems to know what the end game is.
I've been involved in all manner of pneumocystis pneumonias and C-19 is just strange in how the docs here seem to be either treating it aggressively or passively but not much in-between.

Have they decided on politics?
Patients on vents that shouldn't prolly be.
Patients without vents who absolutely requite them and unit nurses squalling and advocating for patients as docs ho-hum.
Just weird here in the metro is all.

I sure hope that where you are the powers that may be are allowing you to practice the art of medicine!

Blessings. Stay safe.
Mark

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075654
12/05/20 09:51 PM
12/05/20 09:51 PM
MO bootheel
trapper124 Offline
Trapper Mark, M.D
trapper124  Offline
Trapper Mark, M.D

MO bootheel
Psych has the mental health luckily neurology doesn’t have to deal much with that kind of medicine. I have had to see the strokes, seizures, and encephalopathy from this mess. I haven’t watched the news in years. All I know is personal experience and medical journals. There’s a lot that goes into deciding to intubate a patient that not many know. I don’t know what specific situations you’ve seen however.

All I know is that I’m tired. I’m tired of people complaining about wearing or not wearing masks. I’m tired of the myth that if you believe masks help then you’re a sheep of the system. I’m tired of this myth that hospitals make more by having a ton of Covid pts and not with there elective surgical procedures which are shut down. I’m tired of not having the answers when people ask me if someone is going to make it. I’m tired of not having the answer when someone asks me why this happened to them and not an older unhealthy person. I’m tired of wondering if I’m going to get my 14 month old sick and just hope he fights it off like the majority kids are luckily doing. I’m tired of kids not getting an education because schools are virtual. I’m tired

Last edited by trapper124; 12/05/20 09:53 PM.
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075676
12/05/20 09:59 PM
12/05/20 09:59 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Ten lepers were healed and only one returned to do what?

While the covid is serious it brings out deeper things to be seen. Empathy or lack of it.

While there is catchy sayings for not finding middle ground, usually by those that like the safety of staying on the outside edge and not get in too deep. My advice is if you can't swim best grab a floating board and not be flailing when someone offers a helping hand.

If the covid is just a trial run for China or Russia or even the Little Rocketman then the next release over on the grassy knoll will be a doozy and maybe to late for a middle ground. If "Que Sera, Sera " is the best hope we have , Then God help us for we are trapped.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: trapper124] #7075680
12/05/20 10:00 PM
12/05/20 10:00 PM
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
C
CJW Offline
trapper
CJW  Offline
trapper
C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapper124
Psych has the mental health luckily neurology doesn’t have to deal much with that kind of medicine. I have had to see the strokes, seizures, and encephalopathy from this mess. I haven’t watched the news in years. All I know is personal experience and medical journals. There’s a lot that goes into deciding to intubate a patient that not many know. I don’t know what specific situations you’ve seen however.

All I know is that I’m tired. I’m tired of people complaining about wearing or not wearing masks. I’m tired of the myth that if you believe masks help then you’re a sheep of the system. I’m tired of this myth that hospitals make more by having a ton of Covid pts and not with there elective surgical procedures which are shut down. I’m tired of not having the answers when people ask me if someone is going to make it. I’m tired of not having the answer when someone asks me why this happened to them and not an older unhealthy person. I’m tired of wondering if I’m going to get my 14 month old sick and just hope he fights it off like the majority kids are luckily doing. I’m tired of kids not getting an education because schools are virtual. I’m tired

Best wishes to you and yours and getting through this mess. I can't imagine reading this stuff in your shoes.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: ] #7075688
12/05/20 10:03 PM
12/05/20 10:03 PM
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
C
CJW Offline
trapper
CJW  Offline
trapper
C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark June
I think politics has turned this virus from rational medical thought to I can't really describe it.
TM MD, I spent 29 years amongst your speciality in the field of mental health, specifically neurology, and I watch docs now just going through the motion, not making waves, and keeping their heads low. I am at a big hospital in a major metro, and people are working hard....
that's not in question.

No one seems to know what the end game is.
I've been involved in all manner of pneumocystis pneumonias and C-19 is just strange in how the docs here seem to be either treating it aggressively or passively but not much in-between.

Have they decided on politics?
Patients on vents that shouldn't prolly be.
Patients without vents who absolutely requite them and unit nurses squalling and advocating for patients as docs ho-hum.
Just weird here in the metro is all.

I sure hope that where you are the powers that may be are allowing you to practice the art of medicine!

Blessings. Stay safe.
Mark

Then why not just say that instead of your previous one sided statement?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread