No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: trapper124] #7075696
12/05/20 10:05 PM
12/05/20 10:05 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by trapper124
Psych has the mental health luckily neurology doesn’t have to deal much with that kind of medicine. I have had to see the strokes, seizures, and encephalopathy from this mess. I haven’t watched the news in years. All I know is personal experience and medical journals. There’s a lot that goes into deciding to intubate a patient that not many know. I don’t know what specific situations you’ve seen however.

All I know is that I’m tired. I’m tired of people complaining about wearing or not wearing masks. I’m tired of the myth that if you believe masks help then you’re a sheep of the system. I’m tired of this myth that hospitals make more by having a ton of Covid pts and not with there elective surgical procedures which are shut down. I’m tired of not having the answers when people ask me if someone is going to make it. I’m tired of not having the answer when someone asks me why this happened to them and not an older unhealthy person. I’m tired of wondering if I’m going to get my 14 month old sick and just hope he fights it off like the majority kids are luckily doing. I’m tired of kids not getting an education because schools are virtual. I’m tired

We are on the same page. I have said goodbye to too many people these last 4 months while praying from outside room windows and I too am tired. Tears on people's cheeks with no one in a room to wipe them as families ask everyone if they can step in and say goodbye to mom or dad. NOPE. Covid rules. "But they don't have Covid!" They have cancer or sepsis or bowl blockage or opiates in their system or got shot or......

It's barbaric. In the name of no one knows we toil. Keep the faith we must. I seek God's Face every hour as I will ask for you brother.
Mask and shielded up we walk until told otherwise.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: CJW] #7075703
12/05/20 10:07 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by CJW
Originally Posted by Mark June
I think politics has turned this virus from rational medical thought to I can't really describe it.
TM MD, I spent 29 years amongst your speciality in the field of mental health, specifically neurology, and I watch docs now just going through the motion, not making waves, and keeping their heads low. I am at a big hospital in a major metro, and people are working hard....
that's not in question.

No one seems to know what the end game is.
I've been involved in all manner of pneumocystis pneumonias and C-19 is just strange in how the docs here seem to be either treating it aggressively or passively but not much in-between.

Have they decided on politics?
Patients on vents that shouldn't prolly be.
Patients without vents who absolutely requite them and unit nurses squalling and advocating for patients as docs ho-hum.
Just weird here in the metro is all.

I sure hope that where you are the powers that may be are allowing you to practice the art of medicine!

Blessings. Stay safe.
Mark

Then why not just say that instead of your previous one sided statement?

Which time?

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075706
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
Some people will believe anything.

Do as you want but stop forcing your own fears on others.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075723
12/05/20 10:13 PM
12/05/20 10:13 PM
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
C
CJW Offline
trapper
CJW  Offline
trapper
C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark June

Which time?

The one that trapper124 referenced.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075782
12/05/20 10:34 PM
12/05/20 10:34 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

One off.
Mulligans applied for.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7075832
12/05/20 10:59 PM
12/05/20 10:59 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline OP
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline OP
trapper

Oregon
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Originally Posted by Coös
If you give a hoot about old people wear a mask, don’t be a jerk. Nobody cares about your flu statistics.

Yeah, masks and distancing aren’t even close to 100% effective. Neither is brushing your teeth, buckling up or always reaching under the loose jaw to adjust the pan.

its mostly the older folks not wearing masks. I only wear one when it is demanded of me and whatever place demanding it, I cannot get goods or service elsewhere. More folks wearing masks than ever before, yet they claim numbers are rising...

Mostly rising from those who believe masks are a waste of time. For crying out loud pay freaking attention to the science!!!!!!

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075854
12/05/20 11:08 PM
12/05/20 11:08 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Science .....lol

More mask wearers in that last three months than ever before

Covid numbers supposedly going up at the same rate

Science or bs ?

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7075864
12/05/20 11:12 PM
12/05/20 11:12 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Carl, I have a story for you that isn't related to the covid.

This last summer me and my kids were going up to the lake. My daughter fell asleep in the back on a couple loaves of bread. Now I've been known to blow my stack a time or two and kind of lost it. Not because I give a crap about the bread but because she isn't very good about paying attention about things and has a nonchalant attitude about those type things. I dare say I may have went a bit overboard lol. Well she was like "it's only a loaf of bread". I asked do you really think it's about the bread?

I wear a mask when I go out but do you really think it's about the mask or is that where people are starting to draw a line in the sand so to speak. I might be wrong but my skills at math tell me the damage to the economy done by government shut downs and resulting fall outs will do more damage than the disease. I sure hope I'm wrong.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Steven 49er] #7075908
12/05/20 11:26 PM
12/05/20 11:26 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

This last summer me and my kids were going up to the lake. My daughter fell asleep in the back on a couple loaves of bread. Now I've been known to blow my stack a time or two and kind of lost it. Not because I give a crap about the bread but because she isn't very good about paying attention about things and has a nonchalant attitude about those type things. I dare say I may have went a bit overboard lol. Well she was like "it's only a loaf of bread". I asked do you really think it's about the bread?

I wear a mask when I go out but do you really think it's about the mask or is that where people are starting to draw a line in the sand so to speak. I might be wrong but my skills at math tell me the damage to the economy done by government shut downs and resulting fall outs will do more damage than the disease. I sure hope I'm wrong.

This ^^ pretty much sums it up well. Its really not about the masks. We've been lied to so many times its hard to take anything or anyone seriously. The government doctors have flip flopped on just about every issue. Fauci himself at one point said masks wouldnt help. One day they say lockdowns work, the next day its something different. Then there are literally thousands of private doctors around the world that say this isnt a pandemic at all. So how are we not going to be confused?

You are not wrong about the damage to the economy though. The damage has already been done and its going to get worse. Im sure most of you saw the new job numbers Friday?

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Boco] #7076013
12/06/20 12:41 AM
12/06/20 12:41 AM
Washington
C
cat daddy Offline
trapper
cat daddy  Offline
trapper
C

Washington
Originally Posted by Boco
A disabled Canuck is in better shape than a healthy Yankee.

I’ve met very few canucks, that weren’t mentally disabled.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076017
12/06/20 01:11 AM
12/06/20 01:11 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
So why weren't people dying from covid a year ago, December of 2019 when 2% of people in Oregon unknowingly had it?
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavi...-early-as-december-2019-study-shows.html

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: Steven 49er] #7076430
12/06/20 01:02 PM
12/06/20 01:02 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline OP
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline OP
trapper

Oregon
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

I get that Steven. Very few of us are unaffected in some way by the economic repercussions of the pandemic. I don't believe mask wearing protects me from Covid much at all. The idea is if EVERYONE wears them in public it reduces the amount of viral aerosol that infects others. I see over and over again that people have not got that through their heads. It's not to protect you...it's to protect others. The sooner we can get the disease numbers going down the sooner we can all get back to some semblance of normal. Isn't that what we all want?

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076444
12/06/20 01:19 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Protect yourselves people

Dont worry about me. I got me. Be responsible for you.

Stop telling me to wear a mask for someone else's health.....dam!!!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076445
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
For crying out loud pay freaking attention to the science!!!!!!

"Science" has a LONG history of being wrong, before getting it [somewhat] right.

the same ones demanding we kneel at the feet of "Science", ALSO tell us that an individual with XY chromosomes does not necessarily mean that he's a he.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076469
12/06/20 01:42 PM
12/06/20 01:42 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
The "science" of global warming comes to mind.

They were caught cooking the results with that same as Covid.

They shut down my business (residential construction) here in PA. They shut down all the related construction supply businesses too except for a certain cabinet making shop. Come to find out it was owned by Governor Wolf's family and was deemed "essential."

But we are supposed to blindly and willingly accept the "science" and the shutdowns for our own "protection."

Like I said at the beginning of this thread, "This whole thing is a giant, hot, steaming pile of bullcrap.

Eh...wot?

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076496
12/06/20 02:22 PM
SD
Boone Liane Offline
trapper
Boone Liane  Offline
trapper

SD
Welcome to 2020.

The year NOBODY died of anything except covid.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076497
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
[quote=Steven 49er]Carl, I have a story for you that isn't related to the covid.

I get that Steven. Very few of us are unaffected in some way by the economic repercussions of the pandemic. I don't believe mask wearing protects me from Covid much at all. The idea is if EVERYONE wears them in public it reduces the amount of viral aerosol that infects others. I see over and over again that people have not got that through their heads. It's not to protect you...it's to protect others. The sooner we can get the disease numbers going down the sooner we can all get back to some semblance of normal. Isn't that what we all want? Are you planning on getting the two shot Covid 19 vaccine at your first chance?

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076499
12/06/20 02:23 PM
SD
Boone Liane Offline
trapper
Boone Liane  Offline
trapper

SD
[Linked Image]

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: FEEB] #7076500
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
C
CJW Offline
trapper
CJW  Offline
trapper
C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by FEEB

Precautions shut my business down for 3 months. I did nothing. I wasn't sick. Yet the government shut me down. I'd say that effected my freedom in a big way.

What does that have to do with what I asked? If you think about it real hard you might understand what I'm getting at.

Good lord. I can't even get a simple question answered in a simple way yet I'm supposed to give a crap about the nonsense you guys ramble on about.

Re: Covid now #1 killer in America [Re: beaverpeeler] #7076502
12/06/20 02:24 PM
12/06/20 02:24 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Buwahahaha!!!
People are astonishingly ignorant.
Can't be bothered to examine history, # tested vs # positive, etc.
Just because the lamestream commie propaganda #OperationMockingbird media is caterwauling, don't make it so.

China virus is a nothing burger no one would have ever heard of if a demonrat was President.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread