No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
My Personal Thoughts on Covid-19 #7076879
12/06/20 07:47 PM
12/06/20 07:47 PM
Upper Michigan
M
Mack Offline OP
trapper
Mack  Offline OP
trapper
M

Upper Michigan
Fact, We have this virus out there that is killing more people every day (though a high percentage of those who contract it do survive). Fact, There is no vaccine to keep one from getting it. Fact, There is no "Sure Fire cure" after one gets it. So it seems to me that our best defense is to try NOT to get it! Are "Social Distancing" and "Wearing Masks" sure fire protection? Certainly not, but I believe it can help and right now that's all we have. It is said that Covid-19 is more deadly on older people. In my case, I am 76 and there is still a whole lot of trapping, hunting, and fishing that I hope to do! So, am I going to wear a mask and avoid crowds of people when I can? YOU BET I AM.

Re: My Personal Thoughts on Covid-19 [Re: Mack] #7076912
12/06/20 08:02 PM
12/06/20 08:02 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
I guess covid is a good reason to eat a healthful diet and be active, to have resistance. Apparently there is a spike in teen suicides as a result of lockdowns keeping them cooped up, shorted on education, and too restricted from their peers.

Last edited by Furvor; 12/06/20 08:04 PM.
Re: My Personal Thoughts on Covid-19 [Re: Furvor] #7076929
12/06/20 08:13 PM
12/06/20 08:13 PM
Texas
J
jtg Offline
trapper
jtg  Offline
trapper
J

Texas
Appreciate the clear thinking.

Originally Posted by Furvor
I guess covid is a good reason to eat a healthful diet and be active, to have resistance. Apparently there is a spike in teen suicides as a result of lockdowns keeping them cooped up, shorted on education, and too restricted from their peers.

Re: My Personal Thoughts on Covid-19 [Re: Mack] #7077037
12/06/20 08:59 PM
12/06/20 08:59 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
My personal thoughts are that wearing a mask to stop the spread of viral particles is akin to putting up a chain link fence around the yard to keep mosquitos out, but that is just my opinion. Yes, we must do all to protect ourselves and our loved ones; as I believe this is a serious man-made disease (designed to take out the most vulnerable) My mom is 76 as well Mack and is dealing with a long bout of lymes' disease. I also have a 4 year old little girl who loves her grandma. We have no nieces or nephews that are her age and she plays with the dogs regularly. The southern Baptist Discovery day school we were sending her to closed down due to Covid. My wife and I made the decision to send her to pre-school so that she would be around other children her age; we thought it was a good decision so as not to have so many imaginary friends and be around other kids her age.

The hardware store I worked at in high-school is still run by the owner that hired me. He's in his 80's has macular degeneration and still goes to work everyday, but drives really slow getting there. I loaded up my little girl this past Saturday to run grab some stuff at the hardware store and after about a mile down the road she started crying and was in fear that she did not have her mask. I reassured her that she did not need it as we were only going to the hardware store and that she did not need it for this time. It did not go well, and frankly, I got really upset about it because she was scared to death. Even when we got to the hardware store she had tears in her eyes and was holding her hands over her mouth. My wife texted me the other day at work and told me that I need to be careful what I say around my daughter because she told her teacher that I did not want her to go to this school any more because they scare little kids. Wife let me know that the teacher told her that. I don't think 4 year olds need to wear masks and I sure as heck don't think they need to be scared.

I don't know what the answers are. But I do know that I love my mom, my old boss, and my little girl. I also know that I am not willing to sacrifice my daughter's future over my mother's well being, and neither is my mom. She has to go to the grocery store regularly, the post office, etc. We are all going to be exposed, but putting fear in our children is about to really tick me off. I don't know what the immediate future holds, but I do put my trust in Jesus Christ and know the end game. I pray He gives me the strength to remain calm, cause I have about had it with being dictated by non-believing idiots!

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread