No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079743
12/08/20 06:20 PM
12/08/20 06:20 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by PAskinner
Mark,
Where do you fall in End times theory? Is Jesus putting everything right quickly at the end or is it a progressive thing where even though things look bad, the gospel actually continues to gain ground until all enemies are under his feet? Are you partial preterist or pre trib or what?

PA, You trying to get me fired? Just funning.
Well, I'll say this. If I come to campus or the hospital tomorrow and some are gone..... and I'm still here..... whatabboutmeLord? Too late.
I'm pre-millennial on that occurrence as well.

Over and over and over He gives blessed opportunities as He calls.

Here it comes.....
But, remember Ecclesiology is not the Gospel grin

Just curious. I thought you might be a partial preterist Calvinist in theology. I'm leaning that way, well, not the Calvinism part, but I was raised on rapture theory, and just can't see it in scripture. Not that it matters as far as the gospel.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079745
12/08/20 06:22 PM
12/08/20 06:22 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Our last semester is the capstone course on ecclesiology.
Makes sense to cover the previous 65 Books and then

..... take it on Home!

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079815
12/08/20 07:30 PM
12/08/20 07:30 PM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
I think that if The Lion Of Judah comes soon it won't matter. But since no ones knows when he will come - just in case he does not I would hope that the people of the year 4020 will still be trimming their wicks and looking up. I'm sure some people will be thinking that whatever plague or disease they have then is worse than those people 2000 years ago had. They might even think we were stupid for getting a vaccine. Or who knows - they might not believe it happened. It will depend on who tells the story. Since statues are being taken done and history is being re-written what will people in the year 4020 learn about us? I don't think many people will care - they will be too self-absorbed.

Just passin through
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079834
12/08/20 07:42 PM
12/08/20 07:42 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
I don't think today's bible would be a big seller, what with quite a few centuries having gone by without any cool things happening such as seas being parted, nets being mysteriously filled with fish, jugs of water turning into wine, every animal in the world lining up two by two to go for a boat ride.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079837
12/08/20 07:46 PM
12/08/20 07:46 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
If the bible were still being written, we wouldnt know how the story ends.

Seen a few mention the gospel in this thread. Be interested to what some consider the gospel.

Ive never bought into the sinners prayer. The gospel to me is grace alone through faith alone and has nothing to do with works in any way.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7079888
12/08/20 08:06 PM
12/08/20 08:06 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
I don't think today's bible would be a big seller, what with quite a few centuries having gone by without any cool things happening such as seas being parted, nets being mysteriously filled with fish, jugs of water turning into wine, every animal in the world lining up two by two to go for a boat ride.

I had a really cool thing happen to me last week while hunting deer.

I feel sad for those who cannot see everyday miracles...must be quite the dreary life.

Last edited by white marlin; 12/08/20 08:08 PM.
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079937
12/08/20 08:31 PM
12/08/20 08:31 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
And 2,000 years from now people get to read about the persons, families, places, treaties, kindness, corruption, wars, famine, pestilence, love, hatred, blessings, curses, and on and on in 2020.

Would they "look back" on us and say, That's a bunch of baloney. That never happened?

Probably. What evidence would we leave behind that our Good Book is true?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7079952
12/08/20 08:37 PM
12/08/20 08:37 PM
West Virginia
C
Choo Offline
trapper
Choo  Offline
trapper
C

West Virginia
We have had some troubling days and it appears that there are more on the horizon. However up to today in the context of my short time on this earth I do not feel that anything I have seen or delt with is even close to an end of times feeling. Think of the Great Wars. Everytime it gets bad I try to put myself in that realm of thought imagine how all those jews felt being marked and loaded on train cars for death. Imagine those men on the beaches on Normandy and the droves of family back home not knowing wether or not they would ever see their loved ones again. Imagine the moment that atomic bomb was dropped on Japan. Everyone of the people who experienced these moments in time most must have thought it was end days and for many it was the end of their days on this earth. If you live your life right then you have done all the prep work you can, now it's up to the admissions board as to if you made the cut. Live your life right and leave it all on the field everyday because it might just be your last.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: yukon254] #7080009
12/08/20 09:06 PM
12/08/20 09:06 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by yukon254

Seen a few mention the gospel in this thread. Be interested to what some consider the gospel.

Ive never bought into the sinners prayer. The gospel to me is grace alone through faith alone and has nothing to do with works in any way.

One of my professors, a top 5 worldwide scholar in Historical Theology, who'se preached in Calvin's church twice in Geneva, gradated from DTS many moons ago and said when he left here with a PhD degree over 50 years ago, his version of the Gospel message was = 3 pages, front and back, single spaced....
.... and he began a lifetime in ministry.

Today, his Gospel message, he's come to realize is 10 words;

Christ came for our sins, was killed, and rose again.
Says he's trying to figure how to whittle it to 9 words.

He's my favorite professor as far as pastoral ministry encouragement. Dr. John Hannah.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: James] #7080097
12/08/20 09:43 PM
12/08/20 09:43 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by James
And 2,000 years from now people get to read about the persons, families, places, treaties, kindness, corruption, wars, famine, pestilence, love, hatred, blessings, curses, and on and on in 2020.

Would they "look back" on us and say, That's a bunch of baloney. That never happened?

Probably. What evidence would we leave behind that our Good Book is true?Jim

Jim, You've said you have read the Bible. I happen to believe you did. What did Jesus have to say about "faith"? Why was that so important to Him? I find it very interesting that even though thousands of folks had direct access to eyewitness accounts of His miracles, many still didn't believe. you seem to be demanding absolute proof. it has NEVER worked that way...even when He walked the Earth in human form.

Last edited by white marlin; 12/08/20 10:02 PM.
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7080141
12/08/20 10:03 PM
12/08/20 10:03 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
If the Bible was still being written it would probably tell about a rushed vaccine that almost wiped out the world population except for a few that didn’t take it.
Think about that.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: grisseldog] #7080165
12/08/20 10:13 PM
12/08/20 10:13 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by grisseldog
If the Bible was still being written it would probably tell about a rushed vaccine that almost wiped out the world population except for a few that didn’t take it.
Think about that.

Be lots more open country for us to trap but fewer people to sell our furs too!

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7080214
12/08/20 10:31 PM
12/08/20 10:31 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by yukon254

One of my professors, a top 5 worldwide scholar in Historical Theology, who'se preached in Calvin's church twice in Geneva, gradated from DTS many moons ago and said when he left here with a PhD degree over 50 years ago, his version of the Gospel message was = 3 pages, front and back, single spaced....
.... and he began a lifetime in ministry.

Today, his Gospel message, he's come to realize is 10 words;

Christ came for our sins, was killed, and rose again.

Says he's trying to figure how to whittle it to 9 words.

He's my favorite professor as far as pastoral ministry encouragement. Dr. John Hannah.

Blessings,
Mark

Not that I disagree with that short statement, but my question to him would be, who is "our" and is it 'our' choice ? I know what I believe, its just that I think a little more info is needed. Maybe not 3-pages though.

Although there are probably more, I am familiar with two schools of thought on this. The first is you have a choice. You can choose god or reject him. Its all on you. Then there is sovereign grace. Here you dont do the choosing, god does. No 'works' you do is going to get you through the gate. You cant even have faith or believe unless you are called by the father.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7080240
12/08/20 10:39 PM
12/08/20 10:39 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Many are called but few are chosen

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: grisseldog] #7080247
12/08/20 10:42 PM
12/08/20 10:42 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by grisseldog
Think about that.

The remnant.

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7080249
12/08/20 10:44 PM
12/08/20 10:44 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
BS is BS

That includes the OT, NT, and whatever crap is being written now.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7080256
12/08/20 10:48 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

It's not mandatory enrollment like a mask grin
That's a plus, true?

Re: What if the Bible was still being written, [Re: ] #7080258
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

T-Rex,

I'll pray for you.

(and if it's all bs, that shouldn't bother you one whit)

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread