No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Poked myself with a knife [Re: Hutchy] #7080388
12/08/20 11:49 PM
12/08/20 11:49 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
I seem to always have cuts on my hands and they always feel more tender when they happen while skinning coyotes or cleaning fish. I’ve cut myself a bunch of times skinning. Get in a hurry and lose focus for a second and bam, there goes the tip of my finger. Usually just wrap a paper towel around it so I don’t bleed all over the furs and finish up the job, then clean it with some peroxide when I get to the house. I’ve been lucky, no weird diseases or blood poisoning yet.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Poked myself with a knife [Re: Hutchy] #7080772
12/09/20 10:02 AM
12/09/20 10:02 AM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline OP
trapper
Hutchy  Offline OP
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
Thanks guys for the replies.

I have demolished myself in other ways before, I mean, I have had injuries, but you never know when a stupid little thing screws you up.

The cut is totally healed over. Healed really fast, like, in four days.

Just odd that it still hurts a bit inside, and that it swelled up and developed fluid a week later. You hear of these stupid bone infections and stuff. After all the stuff I did it would suck to go down from a poke in the finger.

I was skinning a beaver.

I literally have not cut myself before while skinning. Got all that out of the way running around in the bush with a knife as a kid. lol

Last edited by Hutchy; 12/09/20 10:07 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread