Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Jim Masek Interview #7081879
12/09/20 10:13 PM
12/09/20 10:13 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline OP
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline OP
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I got the privilege of being part of a Zoom conference video last night where we got to watch and listen to Mr. Masek talk for almost two hours about everything from Alaska wolf trapping to moose hunting. A recording of the video is going to be emailed to all ATA members. If you didn't get a chance to watch it last night, it is well worth a watch. Happy trapping to all you guys up there. Tight chains and closed snares.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Jim Masek Interview [Re: Wild_Idaho] #7082023
12/09/20 11:11 PM
12/09/20 11:11 PM
Fairbanks Alaska
AKHowler Offline
trapper
AKHowler  Offline
trapper

Fairbanks Alaska
I was blessed to meet Jim the first year I moved to Alaska and lived upriver from him. Learned a lot from him over the years, working, trapping and hunting. A true wealth of knowledge. Really fun to run the line with him. Even now still putting on 100 miles a day at 63 years old and not missing a track. One thing that wasn't mentioned was how much Mr. Masek has done for the Alaska Trappers Association. He's been a ATA board member for 25+ years, teaches at most all of our clinics and schools, and donates a ton of stuff to the Spring Flings every year while living in the bush. Rides out and comes to town for every ATA monthly meeting no matter the temp. Pretty educational to pull the cork on a bottle of E&J brandy and talk trapping for the evening with Jim.

Alaskan #9 Trap Company
JR Pederson
PO BOX 58226
Fairbanks AK 99711
cell# 907-378-7291
pedersonjr@yahoo.com
Re: Jim Masek Interview [Re: Wild_Idaho] #7082121
12/10/20 12:21 AM
12/10/20 12:21 AM
The Panhandle of Alaska
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

The Panhandle of Alaska
I sat in for last nights meeting and it was awesome. Lots to be learned and a pleasure to be able hear and learn from one of Alaska’s living legends!

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.
Re: Jim Masek Interview [Re: Wild_Idaho] #7082149
12/10/20 12:34 AM
12/10/20 12:34 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline OP
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline OP
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
AKHowler, yes he seems like the type that cares about trapping enough to put more into the preservation of this lifestyle than he takes out of it. I could listen to him talk for hours upon hours. The stories he has to tell, I'm sure especially after the brandy is opened. grin Educational describes my brief glimpse of what he had to say, to a "T"

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman