No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7082675
12/10/20 01:57 PM
12/10/20 01:57 PM
Ohio
S
Shorex4 Offline
trapper
Shorex4  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Thank you buddy I really appreciate you.
Mask complaince is getting higher you are absolutely correct. However folks wearing masks below there nose, removing and readjusting the mask in public, pulling them down to cough ect makes them less effective. Not to mention just staying home, using grocery pickup ect. I know I'm preaching to the choir as most of us go out to the woods to escape people.
Then you have places with little compliance like bars and restaurants. My local health dept is saying our bars are largely responsible for the spread here. I imagine it's even worse in urban area.

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: yukon254] #7082681
12/10/20 01:58 PM
12/10/20 01:58 PM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Exactly right, youkon254. The fact is it's all about money, control, and even distraction. The people creating all of this are not our friends. It's not for our good, it's for the good of THEIR AGENDAS. We all need to trust our gut instincts & stand up to make it all end. Stop complying. Think about it

Till that day.....
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: rex123] #7082691
12/10/20 02:05 PM
12/10/20 02:05 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by rex123
That article is just weird?

Translation: We will still force you to wear face underwear because we want to acclimate you to being controlled.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7082740
12/10/20 02:39 PM
12/10/20 02:39 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Can no one see their are some people out there with covid immunity? Quite a few if we are honest.

People with co-morbidities should stay home and or adjust their lives until winter is over. All diseases increase in cold weather with more enclosed exposure to each other.

You know, the flu increases in the winter.

Colds increase in the winter.

Strep throat increases in the winter.

Y'all keep some common sense in perspective before you go off half cocked blaming someone for not wearing a mask or wearing it incorrectly. It has a lot to do with time of year.

Remember Fauci predicting this? You know, when he said it will get worse this winter? For goodness sake.

Doesn't every doctor say communicable diseases get worse in winter?

I think this ^ kind of spells out some of the issues that cause so many to be skeptical There is no doubt that this scourge has killed people. Its terrible and my heart goes out to those families. But at the same time the vast majority of society has nothing to fear; no matter how many heart wrenching stories we hear this fact doesnt change. Its unreasonable to expect the average person to wear a mask properly. They are telling us up here that as soon as a mask gets wet, it is totally useless. At -20 your mask is soaked before you walk one block. It just doesnt make sense. What does make sense is to throw everything we have at the elderly and those most at risk. The vast majority of the deaths have occurred in extended care facilities, and a lot of the blame for that rests on our officials and the stupid policies.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7082758
12/10/20 02:58 PM
12/10/20 02:58 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Saw a video clip of Wuhan the other day. Everything opened back up and business as normal. I think I heard that they had has less than 10 cases in the last 30 days.

Testing, mask wearing and closing down for awhile seems to have worked there. I know -I know...can't trust news coming from China; but the video clip did seem to show crowds of people in the street acting normal, buying food from street vendors, and all the other normal stuff people do. Most still had masks.

I think it shows we could have done far better here if we would have had better leadership.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7082883
12/10/20 03:14 PM
12/10/20 03:14 PM

M
MsgRet
Unregistered
MsgRet
Unregistered
M

Geeze....the sky is falling.

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7082961
12/10/20 04:22 PM
12/10/20 04:22 PM

M
MsgRet
Unregistered
MsgRet
Unregistered
M

Criticizing Trump on one of his policies does not an anti Trumper make. It's just exercising our right to criticize as a US citizen. This "all or nothing" belief system and his apparent inability to take the blame for anything may be why he is a one term president and it overshadows his many accomplishments.

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7083001
12/10/20 05:04 PM
12/10/20 05:04 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The more that don't want it the better chances of my mild risk group getting an opportunity sooner than later. For those that think this is going to be over when the vaccines are available there may be a rude awakening coming. The more resistant we are to forms of controlling spread and or vaccines the longer it will take for herd immunity to become a reality. The longer this takes the longer our society will operate under more limited conditions, which will also be the case with much of the rest of the world. Especially nations that we do a lot of importing and exporting to and from.

Bryce

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7083020
12/10/20 05:18 PM
12/10/20 05:18 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Beaver peeler is spot on. We have dilly dallied as a nation.

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: charles] #7083055
12/10/20 05:50 PM
12/10/20 05:50 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by charles

Yep.

Very much due to both "sides" being generally unwilling to accept and act on ideas from the other "side" in any way shape or form. If the right person doesn't come up with or isn't the primary person presenting and promoting a certain recommended action or idea many simply will not listen. I for one will give credit where credit is due regardless of affiliations or allegiances. As much as some folks on trapperman drive me crazy and just make me shake my head that doesn't mean I completely write off their opinions and thoughts.

Have mistakes been made? Yes. Has anyone in a place of power or influence waffled back and forth? Yes. Have any of these people admitted or owned up to any of this? To some level, yes and no. Will we look back on this pandemic down the road and have a pretty good idea of what kind of worked, really worked, really hurt, etc? Absolutely.! And hopefully all of us and people within government and private organizations around the world take the time to learn from this as much as possible. Even at this point of the situation we still have the ability to come together and take actions that can minimize or at least by some level reduce the negative impact on our personal lives, economy, and such. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: charles] #7083057
12/10/20 05:53 PM
12/10/20 05:53 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

I'm betting you'll still wear a mask after you get vaccinated

Report a post club - Non member

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7083067
12/10/20 05:58 PM
12/10/20 05:58 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

There are only a few things I can think of that Trump did, or say didn’t do, that I have a problem with.

He didn’t drastically cut the size and role of the federal government.
He didn’t try to get someone to pass a Bill that imposed term limits on all elected members of congress.
He didn’t attempt to repeal any and all federal gun laws.
He didn’t attempt to reduce the spending of government and address the trillions of dollars of debt that this great country is in.

Other than that, he has been better than any president I have been alive for.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: AntiGov] #7083102
12/10/20 06:25 PM
12/10/20 06:25 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by AntiGov

I'm betting you'll still wear a mask after you get vaccinated

What if he wants to wear one? What skin is it off your back? Never met the fella, but I bet he'd probably still help you up if you fell even after the backhanded belittling. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: DelawareRob] #7083110
12/10/20 06:31 PM
12/10/20 06:31 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
There are only a few things I can think of that Trump did, or say didn’t do, that I have a problem with.

He didn’t drastically cut the size and role of the federal government.
He didn’t try to get someone to pass a Bill that imposed term limits on all elected members of congress.
He didn’t attempt to repeal any and all federal gun laws.
He didn’t attempt to reduce the spending of government and address the trillions of dollars of debt that this great country is in.

Other than that, he has been better than any president I have been alive for.

Absolutely spot on the money ^^ . He should have focused on the things you mentioned a bit harder for sure. The swamp is deep.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: beaverpeeler] #7083121
12/10/20 06:39 PM
12/10/20 06:39 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Saw a video clip of Wuhan the other day. Everything opened back up and business as normal. I think I heard that they had has less than 10 cases in the last 30 days.

Testing, mask wearing and closing down for awhile seems to have worked there. I know -I know...can't trust news coming from China; but the video clip did seem to show crowds of people in the street acting normal, buying food from street vendors, and all the other normal stuff people do. Most still had masks.

I think it shows we could have done far better here if we would have had better leadership.

Some people in China wore masks even before the virus. I dont need a leader to tell me what to do. I'm a competant adult. Your left view of thinking sure shows since you need a "leader" to tell you how to be safe.

No Jab.
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bowhunter27295] #7083123
12/10/20 06:42 PM
12/10/20 06:42 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

It grinds my gears when people refer to elected representatives as leaders.

They aren’t leaders, they work for us and we shouldn’t be treated like we work for them.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: bblwi] #7083126
12/10/20 06:43 PM
12/10/20 06:43 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by bblwi
The more that don't want it the better chances of my mild risk group getting an opportunity sooner than later. For those that think this is going to be over when the vaccines are available there may be a rude awakening coming. The more resistant we are to forms of controlling spread and or vaccines the longer it will take for herd immunity to become a reality. The longer this takes the longer our society will operate under more limited conditions, which will also be the case with much of the rest of the world. Especially nations that we do a lot of importing and exporting to and from.

Bryce

Wrong.

No Jab.
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: DelawareRob] #7083127
12/10/20 06:45 PM
12/10/20 06:45 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI

They aren’t leaders, they work for us and shouldn’t be treated like we work for them.

X2, but you have to give some slack to out left wingers here on Tman. They want big government and want to be told how to live their lives, hence "leaders" is how they address our elected officials.

No Jab.
Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: DelawareRob] #7083136
12/10/20 06:48 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN

They aren’t leaders, they work for us and we shouldn’t be treated like we work for them.

Does a good leader not try to look out for the whole of their constituency? Can someone not be declared a leader but be a leader by default due to their actions and leadership characteristics? I get where you are coming from, and many do put waaaaaay to much stock in the leadership ability of elected officials. That said, they are generally viewed as leaders and can be capable of leading a person, state, or country in one direction or another for better or worse. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: For all you pro-vaccination folks... [Re: charles] #7083138
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI

Far from spot on.

No Jab.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread