No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7085928
12/12/20 12:51 PM
12/12/20 12:51 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
My wife's cousin lives in CA and she told us the other day that one of her son's classmates killed himself during one of the online distance learning classes. 12 years old. Shot himself. He couldn't handle the isolation anymore.

Tell me more about common sense and reason with this stupid $%&#.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: People are weird. [Re: Mike in A-town] #7086194
12/12/20 04:24 PM
12/12/20 04:24 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
My wife's cousin lives in CA and she told us the other day that one of her son's classmates killed himself during one of the online distance learning classes. 12 years old. Shot himself. He couldn't handle the isolation anymore.

Tell me more about common sense and reason with this stupid $%&#.

Mike

There is no legitimate reason for suicide nor a legitimate reason for hacking the covid on someone. I won't try to dissolve the tragedy by calculating away his importance by saying he is only a small percent. Any % of suicide is tragic. When we impersonalise people by replacing with a # then we do humanity a disservice. Actually mask still lets you be more social than complete isolation. I have been coughed on and sneezed on before covid and I didn't like then and for sure don't want it now.
Possibly one of the reasons for all the closures is people will not even consider other people and just maybe if everyone was more careful then all the businesses wouldn't have to close. The hospitals are getting maxed out, where can you put any more sick people. Lay them on the streets so maybe a passing stray dog may minister to them? Do you have a better solution than just letting the disease keep multiplying and depending on destiny and fate?

Re: People are weird. [Re: tjm] #7086227
12/12/20 04:45 PM
12/12/20 04:45 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by tjm
Originally Posted by DHH
Don't forget about all the people driving around by themselves wearing a mask - Absolutely crazy

Not crazy; if your hands haven't been washed and you use them to adjust or remove the mask, you have just stuck all that vile hand garbage and a zillion germs in your mouth and nose. worse if you will have to put the now contaminated mask back on in few minutes for another stop with your still contaminated hands.

So do you just never take it off then? Seems to be the only way you can guarantee your absolute safety.

Re: People are weird. [Re: tjm] #7086238
12/12/20 04:58 PM
12/12/20 04:58 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by tjm
Originally Posted by DHH
Don't forget about all the people driving around by themselves wearing a mask - Absolutely crazy

Not crazy; if your hands haven't been washed and you use them to adjust or remove the mask, you have just stuck all that vile hand garbage and a zillion germs in your mouth and nose. worse if you will have to put the now contaminated mask back on in few minutes for another stop with your still contaminated hands.

And there lies the problem. Its impossible for people to walk around with a mask on all day and not touch their face. They are constantly adjusting their mask etc. I always ask the store clerks about that very thing. They always say that they find they are touching their face way more often when they have the mask on. It itches, falls down, and on and on. How is the teller at the grocery store supposed to wash her hands before touching her face. The whole idea is preposterous and I dont believe anyone who is standing at a till all day believes its doing one ounce of good. Its probably helping to spread the virus if anything.

I get a kick out of the stupidity in restaurants. You have to wear a mask to walk in the door, but you can take it off once you sit down to order. The virus is airborne they say but I guess when you sit down it will go over your head?? If I can sit at a table for an hour without a mask and not spread the virus then I can certainly walk in without spreading it. Just total insanity.

We were taught how to put all the PPE on wear it, and take it off. If you think the public is going through those steps you are delusional.

Last edited by yukon254; 12/12/20 05:00 PM.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: People are weird. [Re: ] #7086270
12/12/20 05:15 PM
12/12/20 05:15 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Originally Posted by Mark June
In all honesty, the human face is hard to see with a mask. Good luck to all you boys and girls who are looking for dance partners. I sit with folks here I've never seen the lower portion of their face ever.

The part I hate is not recognizing people I know! I don't usually wear one, so people recognize me and say hi, and I look at them and have to figure out who it is. Usually they'll pull the mask down to chat. Very few true mask believers here.

Another thing I noticed is the liquor stores card people less. Whats the point of checking photo ID if you can't see their face anyway?? I wonder how many minors are taking advantage of this with borrowed or stolen IDs.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086275
12/12/20 05:20 PM
12/12/20 05:20 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Had to get some small parts from Tractor Supply and on my way home I drove past a house where a woman was doing something in the garden wearing a mask. Not another house for a mile or two and no one else to be seen. It explains a lot of things I encounter these day on the rare occasions that I go out into the world.

Is that any more eccentric than somebody living on top of a hill in a boat? Right, its none of my business !

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086283
12/12/20 05:30 PM
12/12/20 05:30 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Well now we know how the old lepers felt. Each time I go down a hall, belly up to a sales counter, or walk toward people now >75% wait/stall/step/boot scoot boogie to keep 6'0.121" away from me.

Do I smell like a trapper?
You folks noticing this fear in others now that you are potential carrier?

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086304
12/12/20 05:45 PM
12/12/20 05:45 PM
Michigan
O
otterc Offline
trapper
otterc  Offline
trapper
O

Michigan
I wish we would just let it run its course. It is called survival of the fittest. We do not hear anything in the news about Sweden anymore. They were blasted by the world media for moving on pretty much as normal. I would really like to know how many people with no underlying health conditions have died from covid. If it is under one percent, than this whole situation is a crock. I just talked to a friend who I taught how to trap several years ago. I asked him how this covid bull had treated him. He laughed and said all the people in his household had had it or tested positive. He tested positive, asymptomatic no symptoms, his wife who is a little overweight fought it like a cold, his daughter the same, his granddaughter a little fussy for a few days. The one hit hardest (not hospitalized) was the daughters boyfriend. Yes, I have personally lost people to covid. My dad passed away last April (underlying Conditions) and my sister-in-law's mother (underlying conditions) last October. I am a school teacher and see each day what we are putting people through. I was in tears on Thursday, because all of my students showed up for the first time in our third week of going virtual for the second time this year. This is my 32 year and I am calling it quits at the end of the school year. This is just a bunch of bull####.

Re: People are weird. [Re: Foxpaw] #7086493
12/12/20 07:42 PM
12/12/20 07:42 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Is that any more eccentric than somebody living on top of a hill in a boat? Right, its none of my business !

I read in a popular book that if ya have a lot of pets, its the right thing to do.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086503
12/12/20 07:49 PM
12/12/20 07:49 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

I read in a popular book that if ya have a lot of pets, its the right thing to do.

Only if its looking rainy !

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086513
12/12/20 07:54 PM
12/12/20 07:54 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
It is raining right now so I am doing the right thing. They ran out of letters this year for the storms as well. makes ya think don't it grin

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: People are weird. [Re: wissmiss] #7086536
12/12/20 08:10 PM
12/12/20 08:10 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by wissmiss
She might be wearing a mask for another reason than covid. Allergies.

I know people that were wearing masks for various reasons way before all this covid stuff started.

You shouldn’t jump to conclusions. Just saying.........

X2

I have a neighbor that has been wearing a mask ever since I've known her...

Let's go Brandon!
Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086556
12/12/20 08:27 PM
12/12/20 08:27 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The small sign on what's left of a 12 X 15 foot log cabin says that a mother and her two children died in a very remote area of the CO mountains one year (1919) after the initial outbreak of the Spanish flu virus worldwide. That virus had it's way with 5% of the world population and faded from view in 1920. Donna and I came across this remote spot a year ago as we were out gold panning. Perhaps this family had done similar 100 years ago.

Let's pray that C-19 fades soon as well but if remote log cabin occupants can't be quarantined from a virus, I sure wouldn't harbor ill will against someone who does or doesn't do what you think should be done with a mask. We're pretty much all wearing them. And they are not stopping a virus. I don't care how many people say they do this or they don't do that, medical science is based on observation, documentation, and if necessary implementation.
Who's observing?
Who's documenting?
Whole boat load of implementation though.

Whole world is shut down so does group X with masks 24/7 fair better than group Y with no mask wearing 24/7? Where's the data? We can develop a vaccine they say to trust but no protocol assessment to be found and shown publicly? Medicine assesses EVERYTHING they do! It's what they do.
Where is the data after 10 months?
Show us Dr. Fauci. You earning the big bucks.
Show the people.
Some of you can get irritated with trapper X because he doesn't have a mask over his nose? Show him the data - that'd be medical data - opinion is worthless, on the outcome based on observation and documention.
Well we don't have it. Why? Call the CDC. Call the NIH. But don't bust the President or trapper on a website because lazy beauracratic hacks aren't doing anything but "chalking up another one." Covid Bill? Sure. Put it down as Covid. Who cares.
Observe it. Document it. Then show it to the light of day for review = medical protocol.

He can not.
They aren't studying it.
Why?

[Linked Image]

Blessings,
Mark

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086631
12/12/20 09:30 PM
12/12/20 09:30 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
We live in a crazy world and some of us are more crazy than the rest.

There was an eccentric millionaire, now if you have money you are an eccentric, if you are poor you are just plain old crazy. Anyway the millionaire threw a huge party to get his daughter married off. He held it in his backyard around his swimming pool. This was no ordinary swimming pool as the old guy had a hobby of raising alligators in it. He got the crowd of young men around the pool and told them that any man that could swim across the pool would win a million dollars or his daughters hand in marriage, no sooner had he said that when: splash in went a young man and he swam for his life with the crowd cheering him on. He made it to the other side and climbed out. The old man said congratulations sonny do you want a million dollars or my daughters hand in marriage? He said 'I Want The Guy That Pushed Me".

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086668
12/12/20 09:56 PM
12/12/20 09:56 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We live in an age when our eye is off the ball.
The medical community at high levels.... the same personnel we'd place our single payer health hopes on, is absent. Kaput.
Why is that. Because physicians are "federal employees." What you say?
Yep.... they "work" for the government. Here's a few factoids for us as to how efficient this is all going down because some assume most at high levels are scrambling to find answers. Really? What gives us that impression?

The business of medicine is honestly carrying the yoke of government on its back. Has been more the last decades so welcome to "single payer" health service.
I’m not talking about only the doctors that work in the VA or hospitals run by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. You'd say sure to those working for the gov. Nope, I’m not talking about the training centers known as county hospitals. I’m talking about all doctors—because the government contributes about 50 percent of all health care dollars to physician pay. And 40 percent more is contributed by third-party payers that are themselves highly regulated by government and routinely follow the government’s lead in pricing."

When uncle Fauci and company says "jump," too many say "how high?"

Bottom line, live your life, don't look at the other human as the enemy. They are not. The virus is. And today's government run health care will not deliver to you all that you want done when you want it done. It can't. The private guy and gal trying to run a practice of medicine now have their hands tied in tight bundles.

Hug a local doc. They're frustrated and scrambling for answers too. They can't step out of the crayon marks on the floor or they get fired by HR's they've never met.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086687
12/12/20 10:10 PM
12/12/20 10:10 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Online crying
"Wilbur"
Savell  Online Crying
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... dang Mark... you’re about the typinist son of a gun I’ve ever seen... I’d read all that if readin wasn’t so hard on my head lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: People are weird. [Re: Savell] #7086865
12/13/20 12:55 AM
12/13/20 12:55 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Savell
... dang Mark... you’re about the typinist son of a gun I’ve ever seen... I’d read all that if readin wasn’t so hard on my head lol

You need to get the cliff-notes.

Re: People are weird. [Re: Scuba1] #7086871
12/13/20 01:03 AM
12/13/20 01:03 AM
Utah
J
Jasper69 Offline
trapper
Jasper69  Offline
trapper
J

Utah
I didn't wear a mask to the bank the other day and still got all the money I asked for.

Re: People are weird. [Re: Jasper69] #7086883
12/13/20 01:11 AM
12/13/20 01:11 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Jasper69
I didn't wear a mask to the bank the other day and still got all the money I asked for.

Our ATM don't require a mask, as long as your account has money in it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread