Well I' s starting a new batch if brass so figured I'd bring all along on how I've been wet tumbling my brass as of late. I got less than $100 in everything and gotta say I've been loving the results.
90% of my brass is free range pick up and starts out looking like the left side but with this wet tumbling deal I've been able to get results like the right price id say at least 95% of the time with very little effort.
[Linked Image]

So first I just pick out all of one caliber from my bin of once fired range brass, makes it alot easier to sort later. This go it's. 223/5.56.
[Linked Image]

I try to put the same number in each container so 50 each can (i can do more but my tumbler has a weight limit of ten pounds so I try and keep it on the light side) and as you ca see this brass if pretty dirty.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After that i add some dawn (only dawn seems to do the trick) dish soap, and some hot water,as hot as my sink will get or i use use an electric kettle lol.
[Linked Image]
Now if the brass is like this or worse a add an hand full of stainless steel pins.
Haven't seen too much if a difference if their fairly clean but when their dirty like his the pins really seem to help
[Linked Image]

Then I just cap them off and toss them in the tumbler (harbor freight duel rock tumber cost me like $50 with a coupon and extra warrenty )for .....well until I remember lol. But I'd say two hours on average. All this takes less than 10min .
[Linked Image]

I really prefer the rock timer because it's alot quieter to me than the vibratory. I'll show the next steps when this cycle is done