No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Senneker Magnum Kill Springs and Triggers #7086849
12/13/20 12:36 AM
12/13/20 12:36 AM
North dakota
N
Nd native Offline OP
trapper
Nd native  Offline OP
trapper
N

North dakota
First year using Sennekers magnum kill springs with triggers. I thought the regular springs did a good job, but the magnums are even better. The picture below is a coyote caught in tall grass. The trail is in red and stake is in blue. This coyote got absolutely flattened by the spring, it wasn't even extended to the end of the snare cable, which it had to have hit to fire the trigger but once that happened it died very quick. Hardly any disruption in the grass and was able to quickly hang a new snare on the same support with no work on the bottle neck and on my way I went.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Senneker Magnum Kill Springs and Triggers [Re: Nd native] #7086881
12/13/20 01:11 AM
12/13/20 01:11 AM
Idaho
P
Plottpower Offline
trapper
Plottpower  Offline
trapper
P

Idaho
Nice catch, but the picture may be deceiving.What is the actual distance from stake to trail? From the picture it looks like your support would have to be quite long. I run some Sennekers mixed in, the key to them in my experience is letting the extension do the work. Not doubting your set or catch at all, just curious.

Re: Senneker Magnum Kill Springs and Triggers [Re: Nd native] #7086893
12/13/20 01:32 AM
12/13/20 01:32 AM
North dakota
N
Nd native Offline OP
trapper
Nd native  Offline OP
trapper
N

North dakota
I use about a 12 foot one piece snare because for the little bit of snaring I do I didnt want to buy different cable sizes. And usually my bottlenecks are ruined so reusing an extension wouldn't even work. This snare was staked back away from the bottle neck and was stretched out toward the support because I wanted to stake it off as close as I could from the somewhat mucky bottom so the stake didnt pull out if I caught a deer. If I have more luck putting them down like this I'll consider using a two piece snare.

Also my cable stake and support are two different pieces of gear.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread