No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: rvsask] #7089801
12/14/20 09:26 PM
12/14/20 09:26 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by rvsask
Originally Posted by yukon254
Oh for Pete's sakes!

BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material. Wikipedia

And wiki is what?? What about the thousands of doctors who have signed the barrington declaration?? Are they crazy too?? What about the doctors in Alberta who sent letters to Kenny and did the recent interviews?? Are they crazy too??

Yukon, the amount of Alberta doctors that pleaded for a lockdown with Kenney was huge. The only interviews I saw from Albert doctors said their strategy was failing and that “Hope was not a solution”. Only the extreme far right is even happy in Alberta currently with Leadership popularity plummeting.

I’m sure there’s some number fudging for profit in the USA, but profit isn’t the name of the game when it comes to hospitals in a lot of the world.

I have no idea what the doctors political leanings are. That doesnt matter to me and it shouldnt to you or anyone else. Its always the same story....that doctor or scientists opinion doesnt count. My question is why?? This fellow is a highly educated doctor. He's asking the same questions many of us have been for months now.

Its like the fellows comments on the bitchute video. Who cares where the video was posted?? The people on the video are all highly educated doctors and scientists, yet all the fellow was worried about was the fact that the video was on bitchute. A better question might be why are all the big tech companies including Youtube trying to silence these doctors?? Its not going to work though, there are thousands of doctors speaking up now. Heres the letter I was referring to.

https://www.westernstandardonline.c...RLHE4Gjs0PNUXB2-bKVT0Nwl92BV2_gAVss3LGXE

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: MJM] #7089829
12/14/20 09:35 PM
12/14/20 09:35 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by MJM
I saw today the CDC is counting pneumonia and influenza deaths right along with Covid deaths all together. They must of got tired of being called out on it. The Rona is real, it's just the numbers are fake.

again?

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: bowhunter27295] #7089935
12/14/20 10:08 PM
12/14/20 10:08 PM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by bblwi
It is estimated that 38 million US citizens will have the flu 2019-2020 of which 18 million will contact a health care provider, 400K will be hospitalized and 22,000 will die or .00057% of all cases 0r .57 persons per 1,000
During the Viet Nam war 2,709,918 service men served in active duty in Viet Nam of which 58,000 died which is 2.1% of all who served or 21 per 1,000
to date COVID has reported 16,000,000 cases with 300,000 deaths or 1.8% or 19 per 1,000

Yes the media may hype this more than many feel they should or there are those who feel that this is all manufactured to make sectors of our economy money etc. but the reality is there is much to be concerned regarding the outcome of becoming infected. Being in the jungles of Nam was not a whole lot more hazardous to one's health then walking into a restaurant and ordering a meal or going to a bar for a night of fun and drinking.

Bryce

Did you really just compare covid to deaths in vietnam?

You know when someone dies in war they come home in a casket and the family knows that person died in war. There was no money to be made declaring someone died at war in Vietnam.

You know hospitals get between 13k and 39k for a covid case. Right?

You know influenza cases as measured by the CDC are at historical lows. Right? Wonder why?

I like you Bryce but that is the dumbest comparison I have ever seen and possibly one of the most offensive. As a war veteran, I will.........keep my mouth shut. I would get thrown off this site if I said what I want to say right now.

mad mad mad mad mad

X2

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7089986
12/14/20 10:23 PM
12/14/20 10:23 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

In my surroundings, for what it's worth, the folks who seem to know we're not going to live forever are at some level of peace about that lack of control.

Maddest I see people get seems to be when they are at the edge of this mortal realization, and they lash out at "these people" and "those people" who are making them realize life is not forever and they may not be here tomorrow.

The perception that "these people" and "those people" are responsible for someone's death is not a murder scenario (although some use that language???.... "these dumb people are murdering people by not wearing a mask!!).

No, we will not live forever. That is scary realization #1 right now for our culture, awash in apathy towards car accidents, cancer, abortions, obesity, suicides, domestic violence, and on and on.

Good news. Covid will run its course as all viruses do. And we, as a people will become immune to how it killed 1M or 10M.
We will move on to the next "I don't want to die! thing" soon enough. It's always best perhaps when they're spaced out.

Unless of course the Wuhan is engineered for a purpose and in that case, you me screwed.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7089993
12/14/20 10:26 PM
12/14/20 10:26 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Thats why some bible thumpers play with poisinous snakes.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7089997
12/14/20 10:27 PM
12/14/20 10:27 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

They take that seed of the serpent a bit too far into; The Land of Charisma cry

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090025
12/14/20 10:39 PM
12/14/20 10:39 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
[Linked Image]

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: tlguy] #7090108
12/14/20 11:15 PM
12/14/20 11:15 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
It is not a comparison as I see it, it is just stating the facts as we know them to date and yes I saw young men come home and I did not see the caskets either. Your statement indicates that COVID is a racket for people or firms to make money and I disagree with that statement as a generality. There were young men in the 60s where judges gave young men the option of enlisting or serving time and some chose the military. When you think about it with limited education and no political clout what MOS would most of those young men have and where do we think they were sent? We had one from our small HS that took that option, but he did come home with only minor injuries.
I feel the assumption that many that are the survivors of those who die today are being scammed by the medical professionals is a not truly representative of how the medical profession operates even in these highly stressful and political times.

Bryce

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: Boco] #7090123
12/14/20 11:22 PM
12/14/20 11:22 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Boco

Naaaaaaa I just run them over with my truck grin

Nevada bound
Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: Bruce T] #7090136
12/14/20 11:33 PM
12/14/20 11:33 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Originally Posted by Bruce T
Originally Posted by Boco

Naaaaaaa I just run them over with my truck grin

Hope you are wearing your mask Bruce T so dont inhale any snake venom as it goes squish.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090165
12/14/20 11:49 PM
12/14/20 11:49 PM
Canada
O
Ouananiche Offline
trapper
Ouananiche  Offline
trapper
O

Canada
Ventilator will be what kills him....

Why is he on one?

We know that it kills people with Covid...........

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090183
12/15/20 12:00 AM
12/15/20 12:00 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

bowhunter, if you don't mind the Q, how old are you? I'm 63.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090201
12/15/20 12:18 AM
12/15/20 12:18 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

You're a few younger than I expected in that you're/we're fighting upstream in a lot of this. By the way, super posts. Well laid out. That's all debate is... is laid out.
Freud in the 1800's said man's behavior is "determined" within the 1st 6 years of life, by sexual and aggressive attributes. These dudes in Germany and Vienna, Austria were deep thinkers. Albert Adler agreed at first, but when on to theorize his version of behaviorism based on "you are what you do." In other words, you chart your own destiny and society has a hand, but a minor role.

In the 1980's, the philosophers joined ranks with sociology, growing as a "science" and we are living a top those works today. It is what people are taught (since the 1980's), hear, read, etc. everywhere. Even in our churches. What is it? Without going to deep, we are formed (they now theorize) by the society around us. Not by the decisions we as individuals make. Nope. By what others choose for us. Sound familiar. Sure it does. Academia today, don't miss this: Is absolutely convinced based on these philosophy theories that the way to "help" people, the way to "assist" people, the way to make people behavior in certain ways is........ change society to make it so.

It is it's own religion. It has fancy names and I won't bore you. But if you begin to confront it, it's just like being a Christian..... incoming! You will not stop their beliefs because when they burn down a city, they are "helping" people. When they give your money to them, they are "helping" people. When they tell you to wear a mask, wear a condom, wear whatever they tell you to wear, we think how we were taught (um, 2+2 =4). Not in the slightest. They think "help" people. Well we say, ok let's help. They should go to school and get an education = a job = a career = some cash = Adlerian theory up to the 1980's.

There is a fundamental divide in people's beliefs is what I'm sharing. You're giving facts (Adlerian) and some are talking "you gotta help" = post 1980's.

It's why personal freedom is no longer of value to the post 1980's culture who buys this sociology jargon. Personal freedom stands opposed to what must be done to "help" people. Try telling someone anymore they should stay in school = a job = security and 1 in 2 will call you a name. Promise. They worship differently than us friend.

The 50% is against the 50% and we wish these darned smart people who social engineer would give us personal responsibility folks another whack at it.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: Bruce T] #7090244
12/15/20 01:06 AM
12/15/20 01:06 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I don't disagree with all you have stated as I too have had several medical appointments as have my wife, with most being virtual and the ones that needed to be face to face we went through the drill. Our GP we have had for 35 years related to me the real issue with not performing elective procedures for two months for them. The main reason that I was told that they did not want elective surgeries during that time as all the PPE that is needed for those surgeries and procedures as that was a time when those items were in great demand. The medical profession or administration's have learned over the last 10 months as have we all. They are now as full as before in many places with COVID and are still scheduling elective procedures as well. Now there may have been ways to create income from the virus but many places actually laid staff off as usage declined. I still however don't agree that the medical professionals were telling survivors wholescale lies about what caused their loved one's deaths. I know many on here dislike institutions, maybe most institutions and having served in the military that is another institution be it good, bad or ugly as how it functions.

Bryce

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: bowhunter27295] #7090254
12/15/20 01:12 AM
12/15/20 01:12 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Alright Bryce, let's look at reality of monetary operating costs.

Most all of the hospitals changed gears and ramped up in anticipation of all the covid infections and began putting even minor outpatient surgeries on the back burner. They were also afraid of infecting their hospitals with covid so they limited the accepted patients to only the most necessary and covid patients.

Now how did that work out in the short term? Not real well. The covid infections did not bombard their doors and while it was a novel and exciting (in a weird way) for there to be a pandemic for hospital workers to handle, it just didn't happen.

So the money dried up on two fronts.

One was all the simple medical procedures that were outpatient stopped happening. A gigantic loss of revenue. I know for a fact that my own doctors office went to GREAT extremes to tell me how clean their office was when I expressed my reluctance to go to the doctor for my son's strep throat. So if someone was going to have a wart removed or even a simple physical, many of those patients cancelled and chose not to go into the hospital or doctor's office for fear of getting the covid.

Two was the covid patient numbers did not match the predictions. All the companies who switched gears during this great pandemic to manufacture ventilators to satiate the drastic need that was coming did so in vain. The hospitals were not overrun with covid and therefore didn't have the mass numbers of covid patients and also cut their own throats involuntarily by rejecting simple procedures that netted them lots of money. And then it was compounded by the large purchases made of the unneeded ventilators.

So how did it work out in the long tern?

So to help compensate for this massive loss, more doctors and hospitals labeled sicknesses as covid. Direct or related. And a medical diagnosis was NOT required for compensation from Medicare. Wonder why that happened to have such a loose requirement to receive so much money? ($13k-$39k) Yet, influenza requires a TESTING diagnosis for only $5k?

A death from covid should be exactly that. If someone has a morbid or chronic condition, as written extensively on their medical records, and they get covid and GOD forbid die with covid, then that is exactly what happened. They died with covid, NOT from covid. There are too many episodes out there to not see this is at least a 250 lb gorilla in the room.

Now my question to you mask people. If it is so important to people's health and so inconsiderate to not wear one, do you also tell fat people bellied up to a large pizza to stop eating because they are obese? Obesity is the number one cause of most health issues in this country and costs the tax payer massive amounts of money (much more than covid) and directly contributes to massive numbers of deaths. You won't die from their obesity, but you dang sure are gonna pay for it and all the health issues associated with it. And what if it is a fat mother with a fat child eating that large pizza. Do you scold that mother for her horrible parenting and how she is contributing to a lifetime of chronic medical issues for that child because she is so inconsiderate of her own child's life due to her selfish parenting skills?

Do you tell smokers to quit smoking because it will kill them and it is rude to make you breath their smoke? Imagine all the smokers who have died with a covid infection. Was it the cigarette that killed them or covid?

Now, there's some truth for you.

I get so tired of people thinking covid is the beast that devours all in it's path and if I don't wear a mask or get a vaccine, it is akin to me pushing them into the mouth of the beast. If you are older, stay home or go out in the early morning hours to get your stuff done then go home. If you have diabetes, are obese, have HBP, have cancer, or any other thing that limits your overall health, do the same.

Take care of YOURSELVES!! If you are fat, lose weight. If you smoke, stop smoking. If you drink too much, stop drinking. If you text while driving stop texting and driving. If you get out of breath walking to the refrigerator, go for a walk instead and start taking care of YOURSELF. If you are healthy you have an exponentially higher likelihood of surviving covid and dang near anything else.

Personal responsibility is ALSO a personal choice. Have you made that choice? Or do you keep blaming that other person?

Good post. Dead on point, especially the last paragraph.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090411
12/15/20 08:05 AM
12/15/20 08:05 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Regarding that last paragraph, see my post. A large segment of our culture has now pinned really hard;

Their behaviors,
Their lot in life,
Their positioning in society,
Their circumstances,
Their situation,
Their good or bad,
Their family situation,
Do we have a million of these sayings now OR WHAT,
One after another after another.
On them.
Not me.
You are free to pick the them's from a long list in 2020.

We will not change this thinking in our lifetime. It has been taught hard core since Freud in the mid-1800's and Darwin gave mankind a reason to not even check in with God about any of it. Check with yourself. You're god. Not God. You're a better ape. A smarter ape. An evolving ape. He's myth.

I teach my legacy about the myth of man thinking we are god.
It's not easy because teachers, politicians, friend's moms and dads, and even some religious folks
think we are god.

Good is just an extra o.
It's preferred but it's not special.
And I ain't no ignorant ape.
Me and mine (and you and yours) never were.
Darwin, and his son were theorists. Nothing more.
Just like the Billy Gates and Mark Zuckerburgs of today.
Follow that wagon if you want.
Those tracks dead end. Maybe shorter tracks if the Rona train comes all aboard.
You can run fast to keep ahead of whatever train you don't like, but you can't lay more track.
Just the way He designed it.
Glad He designed it in the first place the way I figure it.

I like that dominion over the fish, birds, beasts part.
Donna and I are setting traps on our biggest ranch Saturday!

Blessings y'all!
Mark

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090431
12/15/20 08:41 AM
12/15/20 08:41 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
Be SAFE!! Prayer for all stricken.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090453
12/15/20 08:59 AM
12/15/20 08:59 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
It's easier to tell you to wear a mask and believe it's going to help. Sad isn't it.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7090460
12/15/20 09:08 AM
12/15/20 09:08 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It is fact that the 7th day Adventists live a longer life span than other faiths and culture as a whole. I know this because our MI family has long 7th day Adventists roots from way back. The devout affirm that the body is God's temple and as such, we need to keep it as good as we can.

And stats prove their case.

I never did drugs. I have never even tried a cigarette. I drink hardly ever unless it's really hot and there's a brewski with my name on it.
I never cared if they or them called me a geek, or uncool, or a nurd, or whatever all my life so the social pressure crowd didn't effect me. In fact, you tell me I must do this thing... I have so much pride in me.... I'll go the exact opposite way for sure.

Plus, all that "crappy lifestyle choices" looked to be harming the bodies of others as far as I could see. Scared me. I don't want to look 100 when I'm 40.

Others, maybe they didn't and still don't care.
You can't cover a lifetime of I didn't really take care of my body with a mask.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! [Re: ] #7090505
12/15/20 09:41 AM
12/15/20 09:41 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Mark June
It is fact that the 7th day Adventists live a longer life span than other faiths and culture as a whole. I know this because our MI family has long 7th day Adventists roots from way back. The devout affirm that the body is God's temple and as such, we need to keep it as good as we can.

And stats prove their case.

I never did drugs. I have never even tried a cigarette. I drink hardly ever unless it's really hot and there's a brewski with my name on it.
I never cared if they or them called me a geek, or uncool, or a nurd, or whatever all my life so the social pressure crowd didn't effect me. In fact, you tell me I must do this thing... I have so much pride in me.... I'll go the exact opposite way for sure.

Plus, all that "crappy lifestyle choices" looked to be harming the bodies of others as far as I could see. Scared me. I don't want to look 100 when I'm 40.

Others, maybe they didn't and still don't care.
You can't cover a lifetime of I didn't really take care of my body with a mask.

The idea that 7th day adventists live longer is a bit of stretch. I read all about this when I was diagnosed with RA. I had never been seriously sick when that occurred so it was something I wanted to figure out. There is one community of 7th day adventists in Loma Linda California that actually do. They are considered one of the "blue zones, " where people supposably live longer. One of the keys when you look at all these blue areas is healthy fats. Whether they are vegetarian or not, the key is they all get healthy fats. Something we've been told would kill us for decades. Saturated fats are good for you that much is clear now.

For some time now Hong Kong has the longest life expectancy of anywhere in the world. They also have the highest meat intake per person than any other country.

My diet for the last year has consisted of fat/meat at a 2:1 ratio, and no more than 20 total carbs a day. My RA is gone, ( something modern medicine says is impossible) I have dropped 30-pounds, my blood pressure is perfect, and I've never felt better. Lots of science out there on it now for those willing to look. I did consultations with the doctors at Paleomedicina in Hungary, this isnt something I came up with on my own.

Refined carbs and sugars are the reason so many N Americans are so unhealthy and like bowhunter says, thats one reason our country has been hit so hard by covid. Studies now say that about 42% of the population in the USA are insulin resistant.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread