No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092219
12/16/20 11:21 AM
12/16/20 11:21 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you Canadians are just Jealous

you have no right to self defense

you must flee

your severely prosecuted for defending yourself

we don't live in Toronto or Chicago either nor would we want to however that crapp spills over , and honestly drugs are everywhere , even in small town rural America 5 houses on main street and one blow up with a meth lab in side.

it's ok we understand you know your sitting ducks we feel bad for you too.

unfortunately the same disease that put you in that unfortunate situation is spreading here and it makes people uneasy.
that same disease makes the looters rioters , thieves Ect.. all the more bold.

we have a saying better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

how helpless would you feel if you could do nothing to save your wife and kids ?

there is a very real possibility that if you have to exchange fire you will also be struck and possibly die , but I feel better about taking out the trash on the way out the door than leaving it to keep hurting people.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/16/20 11:23 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092258
12/16/20 11:55 AM
12/16/20 11:55 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Actually GreenCountryPete, we have a self defence law that would allow us to kill someone that was in our home with a weapon. Don’t just make stuff up it sounds silly.
Yes we have gun laws.
Yes, I could shoot someone in my home in self defence.

Just saying.

Re: Front door gun [Re: rvsask] #7092270
12/16/20 12:08 PM
12/16/20 12:08 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I seem to recall Ontario prosecuting a young man for not fleeing a few years ago and for having access to his fathers gun , and it not being stored locked with ammo locked sperate.

I think that the charges were eventually dropped or lessened

maybe not all provinces are the same

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/16/20 12:09 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092280
12/16/20 12:16 PM
12/16/20 12:16 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I went and checked

I stand corrected

Canadians have a right to self defense

Self-defence against unprovoked assault
34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force they use is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
Extent of justification
(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if

(a) they cause it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
(b) they believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.

I was recalling a case that made the news a while back where when a young man defended himself in his parents home he was prosicuted for it , although I do believe he was eventually acquitted for it

Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092337
12/16/20 12:58 PM
12/16/20 12:58 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Must be pretty dangerous in the U.S. running to a neighbours for help in the middle of the night if your house catches on fire.

Not dangerous at all... My neighbors don't barge in. They knock on the door... I look to see who it is and let them in.

One of my neighbors has 7 foster kids (5 of them teenage girls) and a husband who is a truck driver. She knows she can knock or call for aid anytime day or night... And she has had to because the state in its wisdom won't let foster parents keep guns in the home.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Front door gun [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7092431
12/16/20 02:28 PM
12/16/20 02:28 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

you must flee

we don't live in Toronto or Chicago either nor would we want to however that crapp spills over , and honestly drugs are everywhere , even in small town rural America 5 houses on main street and one blow up with a meth lab in side.

unfortunately the same disease that put you in that unfortunate situation is spreading here and it makes people uneasy.

how helpless would you feel if you could do nothing to save your wife and kids ?

there is a very real possibility that if you have to exchange fire you will also be struck and possibly die , but I feel better about taking out the trash on the way out the door than leaving it to keep hurting people.

We have a decent balance. I'm not sure what's going on in your society that requires your citizens to lock yourselves in your homes with all entrances guarded with loaded firearms as though your expecting some violent attack at any moment but no, we're definitely not jealous of that. In any event, Antigov was looking for some practical suggestions and now we've thrown his post off topic. Let's discontinue or move it to another post. Should have just kept my thoughts to myself.

Last edited by Crit-R-Dun; 12/16/20 02:30 PM.
Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092445
12/16/20 02:44 PM
12/16/20 02:44 PM
Ontario
K
Kermit Offline
trapper
Kermit  Offline
trapper
K

Ontario
If they were reasonably priced a 410 lever would be work

Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092484
12/16/20 03:34 PM
12/16/20 03:34 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
I'm not sure what's going on in your society that requires your citizens to lock yourselves in your homes with all entrances guarded with loaded firearms as though your expecting some violent attack at any moment

Ahh, there's the source of misunderstanding. You see, Crit-R-Dun, we don't have a "requirement" to self-arm at all; we merely have the LIBERTY to do so. That's a concept you're clearly less familiar with, as you see the world through the lense of what you're "required" and "allowed" to do.

Perhaps the people in Toronto were saying the same thing 70 years ago, no?
Do you accuse people of "living in fear" if they keep a conibear rope in their pocket, or an emergency kit in their sno-go? We call these things "just in case." The only reason you see firearms differently is because you've been taught to.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092490
12/16/20 03:38 PM
12/16/20 03:38 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

We have a decent balance. I'm not sure what's going on in your society that requires your citizens to lock yourselves in your homes with all entrances guarded with loaded firearms as though your expecting some violent attack at any moment but no, we're definitely not jealous of that. In any event, Antigov was looking for some practical suggestions and now we've thrown his post off topic. Let's discontinue or move it to another post. Should have just kept my thoughts to myself.

we are not really locking our selves in with a gun behind every door but things did get very ugly in many parts of the US this summer.

Yes , back to useful info

I am in the Yes to a Light and yes to a sling camp

a mounted light is great for shooting in the dark if you have ever tried holding the flashlight and gun at the same time and take aim I think you will understand.

a Sling because your more likely to have it with you if it doesn't have to occupy your hands also easy to hang on a nail in the barn ect..

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/16/20 03:39 PM.

Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092500
12/16/20 03:47 PM
12/16/20 03:47 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
things did get very ugly in many parts of the US this summer.

going to get a lot uglier IMO

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Front door gun [Re: Kermit] #7092508
12/16/20 03:53 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Kermit
If they were reasonably priced a 410 lever would be work

but they are not reasonably priced

I don't want to be shot by a 410 either but the rounds leave a lot to be desired the same lever gun in 44mag or 45lc would make a much better gun

the ammo for 410 is near double or more the price of 12 or 20ga in the US and stocked in fewer places.

the guns are also much more expensive

there is a reason the 12 and 20ga pump guns dominate utility guns in the US , price point , simplicity , availability and functionality play a huge part of that.

when we are not in all this craziness of pandemic and riot and shortages you could walk into nearly any store and buy a Maverick 88 for 229 or a Mossberg 500 for 330.
used Mossberg 500s and Rem 870s were all over the place for 200-250 used.

a 15 pack of slugs was 12 dollars
a 25 round box of #4 was 9 dollars
a 15 pack of buck shot was 13 dollars

Re: Front door gun [Re: KenaiKid] #7092509
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
I'm not sure what's going on in your society that requires your citizens to lock yourselves in your homes with all entrances guarded with loaded firearms as though your expecting some violent attack at any moment

Ahh, there's the source of misunderstanding. You see, Crit-R-Dun, we don't have a "requirement" to self-arm at all; we merely have the LIBERTY to do so. That's a concept you're clearly less familiar with, as you see the world through the lense of what you're "required" and "allowed" to do.

Perhaps the people in Toronto were saying the same thing 70 years ago, no?
Do you accuse people of "living in fear" if they keep a conibear rope in their pocket, or an emergency kit in their sno-go? We call these things "just in case." The only reason you see firearms differently is because you've been taught to.

Ludicrous. There's absolutely nothing in law that prevents me from loading up a 100 firearms and setting them by every door and window in my house so long as I'm home to be responsible for them. Although I could expect a visit from local law enforcement or a family intervention to assess my mental wellness if I did.

As far as what you're allowed or required to do, the bar may be set at different levels on different issues depending on what part of North America you live in but don't lecture me on liberties in a free and civilized society.

Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092520
12/16/20 04:02 PM
12/16/20 04:02 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Good choice. My door guns are rifles becuse a lot of times ths coon or opossum outside is just a little to far for a sure shot with the pistol on my belt. That and they are much easier on the ears with the suppressors.

I due have a mossberg mariner I picked up for the added corrosion resistance to keep in the sto and go in the wifes mimi van. Also nice to have when your out and decide to see if you can kick up a rabbit out of a small patch of brush. For when the wifes handgun may not be the best choice. Warming though the receiver is aluminum and battery acid off the jumper cables will put the receiver pretty deep. Backing soda will neutralize it but the pitting is permanent.

Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092530
12/16/20 04:12 PM
12/16/20 04:12 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

you must flee

That's what the people of Nova Scotia thought until last summer. It won't happen here.

Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092537
12/16/20 04:17 PM
12/16/20 04:17 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Not sure if I should muddy it up with a sling or not ?

What say you?

No, maybe they could fit that for an RPG.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092538
12/16/20 04:18 PM
12/16/20 04:18 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Hey Crit-R-Dun, why can't folks just do whatever they please without other folks like you getting their panties all wadded up about it?

Who cares if a guy wants to keep a loaded shotgun by his door? I don't, why do you?

Eh...wot?

Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092550
12/16/20 04:27 PM
12/16/20 04:27 PM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
keep a 12 ga by the door. a smith and Wesson k frame in the fridge. a 1911 beside the toilet paper. an AR by the bed. and another gun by the recliner and you'll always be safe!

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Front door gun [Re: Lugnut] #7092756
12/16/20 07:27 PM
12/16/20 07:27 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Hey Crit-R-Dun, why can't folks just do whatever they please without other folks like you getting their panties all wadded up about it?

Who cares if a guy wants to keep a loaded shotgun by his door? I don't, why do you?

I don't care, I'm just raising relevant discussion about a topic. Here's a better idea numbnut: Let's just have anyone do or say whatever they want and no one ever discuss it or comment on it. That way we can eliminate all communication and internet social media including this forum!

You just got your panties in a wad for a discussion that you weren't even a part of so apparently you do care. Instead of lurking around waiting to pounce on posters with your condescending comments maybe add something of value from time to time.

Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092773
12/16/20 07:42 PM
12/16/20 07:42 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa

I don't care, I'm just raising relevant discussion about a topic. Here's a better idea numbnut: Let's just have anyone do or say whatever they want and no one ever discuss it or comment on it. That way we can eliminate all communication and internet social media including this forum!

You just got your panties in a wad for a discussion that you weren't even a part of so apparently you do care. Instead of lurking around waiting to pounce on posters with your condescending comments maybe add something of value from time to time.

BS, you were back-handedly finding a way to insult the USA. You do it all the time. It's not a secret. I'm sure Lugnut knows that too. That's why he responds to you the way he does. Carry on.

Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092791
12/16/20 07:54 PM
12/16/20 07:54 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA

What a load of bullcrap. You start with your "what are you afraid of" comments and deride American gun culture. And when someone calls you on your BS you deny it. Get a clue pal.

Eh...wot?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread