No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: wallfur] #7101251
12/22/20 09:22 PM
12/22/20 09:22 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Originally Posted by wallfur
lots of held over fur still sitting there

Agree... plus my 5 possums from NAFA,,, LOL!!

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7101271
12/22/20 09:30 PM
12/22/20 09:30 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
On another thread it was posted that FH was moving XXL heavy beaver for $40 basis thru private treaty.

Bust that ice!!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7101358
12/22/20 10:05 PM
12/22/20 10:05 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Around here they got this thing called snow on top of the ice. Need to add another $20 for that shovelling. smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7101375
12/22/20 10:13 PM
12/22/20 10:13 PM
Iowa
J
Joe1 Offline
trapper
Joe1  Offline
trapper
J

Iowa
why they stopping now just as well say its going to be the biggest sale in history with prices never seen before in history of the fur trade grooney will be rich reselling the furs hes bought

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7101401
12/22/20 10:32 PM
12/22/20 10:32 PM
minocqua area wis.
B
brocky 100 Offline
trapper
brocky 100  Offline
trapper
B

minocqua area wis.
Fha might say they are selling fur but they sure aren't getting it shipped out to the buyers. I bought several types of fur in the sept. auction and cleared the furs by prompt day Sept 25th and they still haven't shipped it out . Talked to the tannery yesterday and still no fur from them. I am not the only one this is happening to as the tannery said there are about 15 people still waiting for there fur. Think I should buy some more? maybe I can have it for next CHRISTMAS sales.

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7101415
12/22/20 10:38 PM
12/22/20 10:38 PM
minocqua area wis.
B
brocky 100 Offline
trapper
brocky 100  Offline
trapper
B

minocqua area wis.
Fha might say they are selling fur but they sure aren't getting it shipped out to the buyers. I bought several types of fur in the sept. auction and cleared the furs by prompt day Sept 25th and they still haven't shipped it out . Talked to the tannery yesterday and still no fur from them. I am not the only one this is happening to as the tannery said there are about 15 people still waiting for there fur. Think I should buy some more? maybe I can have it for next CHRISTMAS sales.

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: brocky 100] #7115354
01/01/21 11:47 AM
01/01/21 11:47 AM
Manitoba Canada
M
MB Coonguy Offline
trapper
MB Coonguy  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba Canada
Originally Posted by brocky 100

That sounds weird cause I have been buying lots from them and I am getting all mine.What are they saying to you when you inquire about where your fur is?

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7115390
01/01/21 12:12 PM
01/01/21 12:12 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
The holdup on FHA shipments to the US is due to the long time it is take Canadian F&W to issue CITES permits. I bought goods at the August sale and they arrived earlier this week!! That is almost 3 months!! The CITES permits weren’t issued until the end of November.

The excuses - short handed due to covid, people working from and permits have to be issued in the office, employees are busy with hunting and trapping season, etc.

As a general rule, shipments don’t leave FHA until after prompt date, which for the August sale was September 25. Any customer with only non-CITES goods, their shipments were sent to the Cambridge, Wisconsin office the end of October.

So FHA is NOT to blame for the delayed shipments.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7115392
01/01/21 12:15 PM
01/01/21 12:15 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Are our RPO checks still valid with FHA ?

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7115419
01/01/21 12:51 PM
01/01/21 12:51 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
I'm the agent for Ne, Ks and Mo. The Jan LRD, I will just be taking fur at the door for the Apr sale. Not going to run a route this year in Jan. I will be running a route at the end of March and first of Apr for the last sale. Two reasons for this, give time for the market to become established, and I'm getting too old to live in a truck for ten plus days and driving over three thousand miles in blizzards! There are other agents handling it the same way. This will also be my last year as an agent for them. The fur bags are throwing me instead of me throwing them!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7115440
01/01/21 01:08 PM
01/01/21 01:08 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
If the Canuk multi-scale governments can't figure out a way to get a small number of people into the country that have money in the bank to buy fur, then my theory of young, light-in-his-loafers Justin and his libertard minions playing things out of both sides of their mouths seems strengthened.

They can say they still support fur trapping for Canadians but have to listen to bunny huggers such as PETA as well in the big metros. They can say, "yes, we're still allowing trapped fur to be sold", but then kill it financially by using the bureaucratic state. Sounds like a political plan to me, especially with rapid testing now available. Foreign buyers could be screened at the airports in their home countries and have results sent digitally to Can officials and then tested again upon arrival. And then put the foreign buyers in quarantine for a week before traveling to FHA. If the Can officials can't figure out that plan in say a couple of days, then they really don't want FHA to sell fur...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7115444
01/01/21 01:13 PM
01/01/21 01:13 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I'm wondering if the vaccine passport will be in effect by then. I know a lot of countries are considering it.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: NonPCfed] #7115445
01/01/21 01:17 PM
01/01/21 01:17 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
If the Canuk multi-scale governments can't figure out a way to get a small number of people into the country that have money in the bank to buy fur, then my theory of young, light-in-his-loafers Justin and his libertard minions playing things out of both sides of their mouths seems strengthened.

They can say they still support fur trapping for Canadians but have to listen to bunny huggers such as PETA as well in the big metros. They can say, "yes, we're still allowing trapped fur to be sold", but then kill it financially by using the bureaucratic state. Sounds like a political plan to me, especially with rapid testing now available. Foreign buyers could be screened at the airports in their home countries and have results sent digitally to Can officials and then tested again upon arrival. And then put the foreign buyers in quarantine for a week before traveling to FHA. If the Can officials can't figure out that plan in say a couple of days, then they really don't want FHA to sell fur...

Or maybe they drink high octane Brawndo in Ontario?

This testing program for travelers was instituted here in July. Not just business travelers. It is just not that complicated. crazy

The Chinese buyers may have a problem with getting double hammered with quarantine when they return to China?

I know somebody who went to work in China and he had a hard quarantine for about two weeks. Basically house arrest.

Last edited by Dirt; 01/01/21 01:37 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: NonPCfed] #7115533
01/01/21 02:48 PM
01/01/21 02:48 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

Time to deal with all the American fur auction houses I think.

Re: Latest from FHA! [Re: Monster Toms] #7115623
01/01/21 04:10 PM
01/01/21 04:10 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Time to deal with all the American fur auction houses I think.

That's certainly true, we don't have any. Sort of like Canada not having a deep water navy and relying on the U.S.for such coverage. I think its a fair trade.

Then again, we don't have federal politicians saying that First Nation people have the right to do traditional ways of commerce, such as selling fur, and the federal government will help make the global market open to such commodities. And how about supporting the non-Native boreal bush dwellers a chance to sell something they can do in their economically-limited geography, such as trapping and selling fur? Our doesn't the Canadian federal government make such statements anymore...?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread