No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101482
12/22/20 11:20 PM
12/22/20 11:20 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Lol, yep Boco!

New Years around here sounds like a war.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Boco] #7101579
12/23/20 01:19 AM
12/23/20 01:19 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Boco
You can have any gun here that you can in the states as long as you got your licence.
Gun licence is like a drivers licence here.
Once you have your licence there is none of that dumb waiting for background checks of having someone else with a licence get one in the mail for you.We can buy/order guns/ammo anywhere any time here.
Like trapping you guys have too many restrictions down there.

This ^ would be an outrageous statement, but considering the source, not so much. Guess Robert forgot about the more than 1500 different models we lost with the stroke of a pen less than a year ago.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Diggerman] #7101583
12/23/20 01:26 AM
12/23/20 01:26 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Dont sugar coat it Boco, tell us what you have to do and how high you have to jump to carry your pistol outside your house.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know Im the only Canadian trapper on here who has had a license to carry. It wasnt hard to get, but you have to renew them every two years, and you have to agree that the police can come into your home and inspect it any time they choose to do so. Transporting a handgun can be a pain too. I think with the way the Liberals are attacking our gun rights up here now its highly unlikely they would give anyone a carry permit now.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: ] #7101593
12/23/20 01:36 AM
12/23/20 01:36 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Twolines
I can’t seem to find any numbers on the web, but how many robberies happen with handguns up there?

We have very very few here in Yukon. Its not about robberies, its about disarming the people.

Boco, here is a list of firearms Americans can have that you no longer can. Get yourself a cup of coffee, or a beer if thats your thing cause its going to take you some time to go through this list. Hopefully you're aware that Mr Dressup gave the RCMP the power to put any firearm on this list that they want to ???

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6880974-Canada-Gazette-May-1-2020-Part-II.html

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: ] #7101614
12/23/20 02:33 AM
12/23/20 02:33 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I understand it’s not about the robberies. I’m just curious about the crime rate and how the crimes are committed in Canada.
Where I’m originally from “gun regulation” and crime are almost always mentioned together. We all know what it’s really about.
I want to understand how a nation of people just said ok, here are the guns. Take them. What persuaded everyone to give up? Were the authorities and or military threatening action against them?
How do you imprison at least half of a nation?

Take a look around. We're getting rookie-dooed the same way with the same BS. I've seen enough posts on forums and YT comments from people in the UK and Australia telling us not to fall for it... Yet here we are.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: yukon254] #7101620
12/23/20 02:54 AM
12/23/20 02:54 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by yukon254
You can have any gun here that you can in the states as long as you got your licence.
Once you have your licence there is none of that dumb waiting for background checks of having someone else with a licence get one in the mail for you.We can buy/order guns/ammo anywhere any time here.

This ^ would be an outrageous statement, but considering the source, not so much. Guess Robert forgot about the more than 1500 different models we lost with the stroke of a pen less than a year ago.

Your a drama queen,I never lost any of my many firearms that I have owned for my entire 65 years.
That list is mostly re classified military stuff,dont know anyone owning guns on that list except collectors or range shooters,and they can still own them.

Like I said go to any gun sales site in Canada and see the guns they sell,lots of prohibited and restricted classified guns can be bought and sold with the correct licences.There are plenty of people all over Canada with gun collections that will rival any in the usa,one buddy right down the street from where I live.
And no,the cops are not banging on his door.

Google Elwood Epps firearms,he has 132 prohibited firearms in his shop at the moment for sale to anyone with the correct licence.

Last edited by Boco; 12/23/20 03:03 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Boco] #7101624
12/23/20 03:33 AM
12/23/20 03:33 AM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida

That's a great way to do it, IMO. Have a license that supports that you don't have mental illness or felonies, and then be allowed to buy a gun anytime. Also make it so private sales have to be conducted with someone with a valid license. I would be all for that.

I didn't think you guys could carry a concealed handgun. Am I wrong on that?

Do you guys have the severe ammo shortage we have going on?

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101654
12/23/20 06:51 AM
12/23/20 06:51 AM
Labrador, Canada
C
crosspatch Offline
trapper
crosspatch  Offline
trapper
C

Labrador, Canada
Lots of New Year's Eve freedom here. Rat a tat tat at midnight guns going off all around town and the reserve right next door. Been going on since there was gun powder here, 8 police stationed here and they don't care - they too busy dealing with real problems. And where else can u pull into a gas station, on a skidoo, with a gun on ur back and walk on in? U can here - everyone knows you gotta pay for ur gas before you go off hunting.

Last edited by crosspatch; 12/23/20 08:33 AM.
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101665
12/23/20 07:14 AM
12/23/20 07:14 AM
saskatchewan canada
K
kingrat Offline
trapper
kingrat  Offline
trapper
K

saskatchewan canada
Gene,,no we can not conceal carry and no from what I've seen theres no shortages of anything yet.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: hippie] #7101674
12/23/20 07:32 AM
12/23/20 07:32 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by kingrat
Honestly I have alot of guns that I use for hunting and trapping but to just have a gun to go and blast away at nothing doesnt really make me - like you. To each his own.

We shoot alot, just to shoot. Its fun!

Its nothing to walk outside and hear the neighbors shooting.

Yep most of my neighbors in my semi-rural neighborhood have ranges on their properties, me included. It's not unusual to hear someone shooting any day of the week.

Same at camp.

Shooting is a fun activity and we do it a lot.

New Years Eve at midnight reminds everyone just how many folks own guns.

Eh...wot?

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: crosspatch] #7101684
12/23/20 07:37 AM
12/23/20 07:37 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by crosspatch
Lots of New Year's Eve freedom here. Rat a tat tat at midnight guns going off all around town and the reserve right next door. Been going on since there was gun powder here, 8 police stationed here and they don't care - they too busy dealing with real problems. And where else can u walk into a gas station with a gun on ur back? U can here - everyone knows you gotta pay for ur gas before you go off hunting.

We can walk into a gas station, walmart or Mcdonalds with a gun on our back or hip, can even go into one with a pistol in our pocket.

Gene Dizza, we dont ever want to go down the firearms "license:" path.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101709
12/23/20 08:16 AM
12/23/20 08:16 AM
Labrador, Canada
C
crosspatch Offline
trapper
crosspatch  Offline
trapper
C

Labrador, Canada
Good info. Steve.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101721
12/23/20 08:35 AM
12/23/20 08:35 AM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
From licenseing, transportation, too storage, too magazine restrictions, too weapon types, Gun sales Etc etc

A person would have to be truly brain dead too claim Canada has equal “gun freedoms”

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101769
12/23/20 09:07 AM
12/23/20 09:07 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Your a drama queen,I never lost any of my many firearms that I have owned for my entire 65 years.
That list is mostly re classified military stuff,dont know anyone owning guns on that list except collectors or range shooters,and they can still own them.

And you are just simply not being truthful. That list has over 1500 models that were made illegal overnight. No you still cant own them. They are working on a "buyback' program right now and you know it. Just because you dont know anyone who owned guns on that list means what exactly?? Are you and the people you know the only gun owners that matter? I know 3 guys that had guns on that list personally. Some big bores were also outlawed, it wasnt just semi autos. I know you already know all this, why you are trying to cover for the liberals I just cant imagine. Seems like eastern canucks overlook a lot of things the liberals do, thats why we keep getting stuck with them in office.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Gene Dziza] #7101791
12/23/20 09:27 AM
12/23/20 09:27 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Gene Dziza

That's a great way to do it, IMO. Have a license that supports that you don't have mental illness or felonies, and then be allowed to buy a gun anytime. Also make it so private sales have to be conducted with someone with a valid license. I would be all for that.

I didn't think you guys could carry a concealed handgun. Am I wrong on that?

Do you guys have the severe ammo shortage we have going on?

Who defines "mental illness"? Lots of people in this country would say you were "mentally ill" for wanting a gun.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101913
12/23/20 10:55 AM
12/23/20 10:55 AM
ontario
G
grampy Offline
trapper
grampy  Offline
trapper
G

ontario
254 - You are on the money. I have heard even 12 gauge shotguns with removable plugs are now illegal. is this true? With a stroke of a pen the thing has made a lot of gun owners criminals, even though they are not aware of it.

Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7101922
12/23/20 11:05 AM
12/23/20 11:05 AM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
The OIC (order in council) has a great many problems... including "accidentally" rendering many removable choke 12 gauge shotguns prohib simply due to bore diameter. They have since offered a BS clarification so that they don't lose all those precious votes in Central and Eastern Ontario and all other points East from there... those are the Fudds who were promised that they could still keep Grandpa's shotgun for duck hunting and their .30 30 for their once a year drinking (moose hunting) trips.
You'll hear a lot of things like... who needs a handgun/AR platform rifle... if you need a semi auto for hunting you're a bad shot...and on, and on, and on from people who want to justify voting for any major party besides the Conservatives... since EVERY other major party has pledged to take away our guns to varying degree.
The union boys will vote NDP because they think a conservative gov't somehow weakens their bargaining positions; the French will vote Liberal because Meme and Pepe told them that the conservatives are evil Anglophones intent on destroying their culture and language
I personally wouldn't give a rat's behind who was in power if it weren't for the fact that EVERY party except one (not counting fringe parties) has outright pledged to their electorate that they will be banning some, most or all civilian firearm ownership.
I think most are just reluctant to risk whatever freebies the gov't throws at them for being part of a special group or classification of human being so they create boogey men in order to continue slobbering at the trough

Just happy to be here.
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: ] #7101926
12/23/20 11:10 AM
12/23/20 11:10 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
I understand it’s not about the robberies. I’m just curious about the crime rate and how the crimes are committed in Canada.
Where I’m originally from “gun regulation” and crime are almost always mentioned together. We all know what it’s really about.
I want to understand how a nation of people just said ok, here are the guns. Take them. What persuaded everyone to give up? Were the authorities and or military threatening action against them?
How do you imprison at least half of a nation?

Which nation? I’ve got every gun I’ve ever owned, might even order another online on Boxing Day and have it come to my door.

In terms or crime are you talking only robbery or are you talking every crime? For example “rape” happens at a rate of almost 16 times more per unit of population in the US than here yet we have a little bit more vehicle theft per same unit than the USA does.

Last edited by rvsask; 12/23/20 11:19 AM.
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Savell] #7102024
12/23/20 12:39 PM
12/23/20 12:39 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Forget the crime?’s, why? Is it easier to just call me yella than it is to wonder why if I had a daughter in the US she’d be 16 times as likely to get raped?
It is also true that we have higher levels of certain crimes.

You brought the crime up, now you prefer to deflect away from that with insults. whistle

Last edited by rvsask; 12/23/20 12:42 PM.
Re: Is This True Canada? [Re: Boco] #7102028
12/23/20 12:41 PM
12/23/20 12:41 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
That is a concern with the federal libs here sly.But Truedope and crew wont be in power here forever,and the Conservatives are much more gun friendly.
Plus people dont have to comply with restrictive gun legislation.That was the main reason the gun registry was abolished here-it cost an exorbitant amount of money and most people didnt register their guns anyway.
Plus they cant make the Indians or anyone else who declares they make part of their living with guns comply with restrictive gun laws.

That only requires a change in the law, You can't refuse to comply with any single gun law in the states just because you make a living with them. I promise someone in Canada is considering that now, at least how to approach that change.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread