No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? #7035673
11/02/20 03:09 PM
11/02/20 03:09 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
they have a few rechargeable by usb https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-...mp;psc=1&refRID=M0GXH50MQJXH46SMSKYE

looking at those and Streamlight
https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-51064-Twin-Task-Headlamp-Black/dp/B077BT2XFV/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=TWIN-TASK%C2%AE+USB+HEADLAMP&qid=1604343933&sr=8-1

the Klein's look like they have a little more run time and are more suited to a hard hat which I find the most comfortable way to wear a head lamp Klein makes hard hats with mounts for their lights

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 11/02/20 03:10 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7035681
11/02/20 03:16 PM
11/02/20 03:16 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Love mine

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7102208
12/23/20 03:12 PM
12/23/20 03:12 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I have had it a month now.

very nice light , clips right into the hard hat puts the light where every I am looking but it is out far enough with the brim that the light doesn't catch my glasses .

3 settings and 3 run times

1 is a bright high spot light 215 lumen they claim 9 hours on a full charge

2 is a flood bright but uses less power longer run time , doesn't have the distance but anything in about 20 feet is fairly well lit up. 100 lumen 14 hours on full charge

3 is boost both flood and spot high power , less run time 300 lumen 4 hours on full charge

these are the claims I got close to a week on a charge it has a nice feature when you are running and it is nearing done with the power it flashes the light about 4-5 times then drops to the 100 lumen lowest power consumption I don't know how much longer it will run that way but so far more than 15 minutes.

I probably look strange walking around with a hard hat on but there are few tasks I can't do in the dark while wearing it , it is that bright. I probably look a little odd splitting kindling in the dark or shoveling and other tasks but it gets light as I get to work and dark as I get out of work this time of year it's nice to get some things done outside.

my children do complain I am blinding them when I carry in a load of firewood and I still have it on , I remind them if they carried in the firewood during the day when the sun was out I would not have to.

the light also has a magnet on it so when I charge I just stick it on the side of the file cabinet where my USB charging station is , I could also charge it in the truck it could be charging off the truck if I was using it away from home.

the hard hat is ok , a little small for me but it said it only fit to a size 8 head

the hard hat makes it comfortable to wear it has a front and back molded in socket to attach the light. you could easily carry a spare and change them out when it starts to flash.

my old light was a streamlight it was small and light but it was about 100 lumen flood on high and it had only an hour run time like that.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7102211
12/23/20 03:19 PM
12/23/20 03:19 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Pete are you wearing the hardhat while you're trapping?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7102217
12/23/20 03:25 PM
12/23/20 03:25 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
haven't done much trapping this year but yes so much more comfortable to have the light on a hard hat than a tight strap that rides up on my head.

if I do any trapping in the dark this year yes I will be that guy wandering around in a hard hat with the light on the front.

I mounted the stream light to my old forestry helmet a few years ago and have used it many times splitting , stacking or hauling wood in the dark.

this is a lot more light and a very handy mount , I may get a second light so that I have a spare.

I don't need the hard hat obviously but it holds the light nice and is comfortable

years ago I had to wear a hard hat all day , they are comfortable enough it isn't an issue.

it's so functional I can get over looking stupid

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/23/20 03:27 PM.

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7102396
12/23/20 05:40 PM
12/23/20 05:40 PM
West coast of Iowa
I
iaduckhntr Offline
trapper
iaduckhntr  Offline
trapper
I

West coast of Iowa
Is your hard hat pink or blue? LOL
Dennis

Old 8 toes~~ life ITA and NRA member
Life in the fast lane is no place for a tricycle!
Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? [Re: iaduckhntr] #7102416
12/23/20 05:50 PM
12/23/20 05:50 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by iaduckhntr
Is your hard hat pink or blue? LOL
Dennis

white , I am an electrical engineer and it was the only color they sold them in being an electricians tool company

go ahead and laugh at wearing a hard hat when you aren't required. go ahead and strap that elastic around your head for a few hours

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread