No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: AKAjust] #7102438
12/23/20 06:03 PM
12/23/20 06:03 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by AKAjust
I don't know what kind of medical profession they are in, I have a daughter and daughter in law that are med professionals too and because of following the guidelines they haven't been sick. Daughter in law tested positive but had no symptoms. Apparently testing positive is not a guarantee you will have a serious or deadly outcome. Just that you may spread it to someone who might. And that in itself ought to be reason enough for a person who gives a d__n about others to do the simple things they are asked
Also it isn't hard to figure that something must be done to stop this virus, which is out of control, from spreading. I'm interested in what you guys have in mind so I can call the CDC and let them know what they should have been doing since they haven't had it right from the start.
just

Why is it out of control? Because the news told you? Read between the lines man.

No Jab.
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102448
12/23/20 06:12 PM
12/23/20 06:12 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
300000+ dead people. ICUs full of covid patients.

Also want to amend part of me previous statement. but also leave it as it is. To replace the words" give a d__n " some of you might think about ---"lacking compassion for others".

Yes I'm talking about you.

Last edited by AKAjust; 12/23/20 06:19 PM.
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: AKAjust] #7102454
12/23/20 06:17 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I don't know what kind of medical profession they are in, I have a daughter and daughter in law that are med professionals too and because of following the guidelines they haven't been sick. Daughter in law tested positive but had no symptoms. Apparently testing positive is not a guarantee you will have a serious or deadly outcome. Just that you may spread it to someone who might. And that in itself ought to be reason enough for a person who gives a d__n about others to do the simple things they are asked
Also it isn't hard to figure that something must be done to stop this virus, which is out of control, from spreading. I'm interested in what you guys have in mind so I can call the CDC and let them know what they should have been doing since they haven't had it right from the start.
just

Mine are actually in the worst possible field at this time. Skilled senior nursing. They had a few cases back in the spring but were successful in eliminating it from the facility with quarantine and didn't lose a resident to it.
Recently it made it's way back in due to a resident going out for a procedure and the internal quarantine being relaxed for returning residents. By the time it was caught it had spread and to date they've lost the original resident plus one other. Strict quarantine has been reinstated but has strained their ability as over half the residents are now quaratined due to either positive or exposure to positive. I have absolute confidence they will get it eliminated again with minimal loss.

The sad thing is the extreme isolation needed to protect those who are already isolated.

As for following protocols both of mine are sticklers for protocol but both are of the opinion that this virus is not a question of if but when. Short of 100% 24/7 bubble suit, protocols are prevention not protection.

My wife due to her duties is exposed to every single resident in the building.

[Linked Image]
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: AKAjust] #7102456
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
300000+ dead people. IRs full of covid patients.

Also want to amend part of me previous statement. but also leave it as it is. To replace the words" give a d__n " some of you might think about ---"having compassion for others".

Yes I'm talking about you.

Again, cause you saw it on the news? Hide in your basement if your scared. I have no issue with those that are afraid, but you need to adjust your life around the virus, the rest of us should not have to.

No Jab.
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102470
12/23/20 06:24 PM
12/23/20 06:24 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
I ain't scared but I ain't gonna infect others if I do come in contact with it.
And how do I know IF I come into contact with it ?????
Very simple reasoning tells the intelligent that prevention is the clue.
just

Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102486
12/23/20 06:36 PM
12/23/20 06:36 PM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Fear. Worry. That’s what the swamp wants people to do. Hide in your house. I will not!

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: Blaine County] #7102492
12/23/20 06:38 PM
12/23/20 06:38 PM
Oklahoma
We-Sa Offline
trapper
We-Sa  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Blaine County
If you can type on T Man you can get a job. If you can hunt, trap, fish, camp, work around the house, drive or go to gun shows you can get a job.

Yep, I have a pretty low opinion of those that abuse the system.

“I don't know, Chief, if he's very smart or very dumb.”
Capt. Quint
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102502
12/23/20 06:53 PM
12/23/20 06:53 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Spot on, as always, Mark June.
I feel truly sorry for those who can't see you're preaching the simple, obvious Truth.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: Steven 49er] #7102504
12/23/20 06:55 PM
12/23/20 06:55 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by CaptGus
Any of you guys miss any work during this virus hoax, I haven't missed a day or taken a day of vacation.

Conservative without a party!

Do you own a bar or a restaurant? Movie theater? Cruise ship? Amusement park? Any business that supports those kinds?

It's expected that once the eviction moratorium is lifted 19 million people will lose their homes or apartments.

We are happy you didn't miss a day, I've had a good year as well. The damage to the economy by overzealous governors will far outlast and do more damage than this virus.

If you were in the tourist industry and some of your tourist were banned from travel, you may have missed a few days of work. Of course business would have been off, even without the bans.

Then there is that pesky FHA can't have an Auction problem. Neither can Koppenhagen, or Saga.

Big mess here.

P.S. My bans or restrictions were by Republicans, for whatever that is worth. Must be leftist Republicans.
smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: We-Sa] #7102505
12/23/20 06:57 PM
12/23/20 06:57 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
" abuse the system"?
Hasn't been any attention paid to the "system" in the last 4 years.
just

Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: AKAjust] #7102512
12/23/20 07:01 PM
12/23/20 07:01 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
300000+ dead people. ICUs full of covid patients.

Buwahahaha!!!
Less than 12K dead from China virus in America thus far.
I've been in local hospitals several times this year. Never seen them so empty.
Hospital workers are complaining of reduced hours and layoffs.
They "emergency" COVID field hospital hereabouts had a high occupancy of seven patients.
Not 70K. Not 7K. Only 7.
You know: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

C'mon AKAjust! You know you're #FakeNews. Give it a rest.

-Edmund Burke
-Ayn Rand
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102515
12/23/20 07:05 PM
12/23/20 07:05 PM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

My uncle passed from the covid-19 this morning. Thing is he walked without fear straight into Beula Land. Ain't no earthly bonds locking him down now. See you again one day Uncle Harold.

Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: Dirt] #7102519
12/23/20 07:08 PM
12/23/20 07:08 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by Dirt
P.S. My bans or restrictions were by Republicans, for whatever that is worth. Must be leftist Republicans.

Pretty much all of them are Lefty.

Judge Napolitano said it best:
"We must recognize that we do not have a two-party system in this country; we have one party, the big government party."

[Linked Image]

-Edmund Burke
-Ayn Rand
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102570
12/23/20 07:37 PM
12/23/20 07:37 PM
Montana
A
Antelope Montana Offline
trapper
Antelope Montana  Offline
trapper
A

Montana
Mark June I think Rand Paul spelled it out pretty good in his little speech. Each state is responsible for their on State and every time they cry to the federal government it just shows their lack of ability. What's more frightening to me right now is how China has infiltrated us on about six different levels and we are doomed if we don't change something soon. Our mutual friends in Michigan which I'm sure there's many sure are suffering under the Gestapo tactics of the governor there thank God I moved away a long time ago but I still feel for my friends in the motherland.

Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7102591
12/23/20 07:51 PM
12/23/20 07:51 PM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Ill stand with Mr. June before Ill ever kneel for any of the scumbag left.

Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: bowhunter27295] #7102738
12/23/20 09:37 PM
12/23/20 09:37 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
What else should be done? Tell us all so we will be "in the know" like you are.

Do exactly as you are told. lol

-Goofy-
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: Dirt] #7102782
12/23/20 10:03 PM
12/23/20 10:03 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Dirt
[quote=Steven 49er]
We are happy you didn't miss a day, I've had a good year as well. The damage to the econom

If you were in the tourist industry and some of your tourist were banned from travel, you may have missed a few days of work. Of course business would have been off, even without the bans.

Then there is that pesky FHA can't have an Auction problem. Neither can Koppenhagen, or Saga.

Big mess here.

smile

You don't still believe there is a difference?

If it wasn't for gun control and the fact that every time we have anti trapping bill in MN it's Democrats that sponsor them, I wouldnt give you a plugged nickel for a Republican or Democrat.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 12/23/20 10:03 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7103198
12/24/20 07:04 AM
12/24/20 07:04 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Interesting reading all the comments. Blaine, you're right. When a fella goes out and uses Lee's awesome Death Ray on a few coyotes each day, and a Ketch-All on a few kitties too..... well everyone does settle down a bit. Trapping in fresh air and amongst God's creation is invigorating and refreshing as it's designed to be. 26 more days of it. YES!! laugh

An issue we have with this pandemic, seems to be when questions are raised against the unconstitutional, unscientific lock-downs, progressives, more than conservatives immediately holler, "You discount the effects of the virus!" I am thereafter labeled a person who has no compassionate.

That's flat out baloney.
Progressives take idea this from over here & place it with that idea from over there = whatever they think it equals.
I just ask, "Where the science? Where the constitution? Where are the laws we used to operate under and it seemed to get us right here, right now, in pretty fair shape?" If we're going to till new ground, and we're doing it for a reason, show us more than fiat.

And I might help you with history CGus. I don't know what you're the captain of, perhaps a vessel, perhaps your own ship at sea, but the religious throughout history were supposed to (called) stand for teaching truth. Especially against evil.

Our nation is separation of the government = what government may not do to religion; by it's founding documents.
NOT the progressivism mantra of "separation of church and state." That's not accurate, but that's what's taught in inch deep fashion. We constitutionalists know that's inaccurate.

The church has a history of calling out tyranny and scandal.
I like to read the history of our faith and one of the Swiss Reformers Ulrich Zwingli died on the battlefield battling tyranny in his day.
His boyhood home
[Linked Image]
His ministry remains with us today as a result of his efforts.
[Linked Image]
HIs monument would have been pushed aside in some cities, but it remains standing in Zurich.
[Linked Image]

Blessings,
Mark

Re: The virus isn't locking us down - the Left is [Re: ] #7103837
12/24/20 02:27 PM
12/24/20 02:27 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
I sure don't know where some of you get your information.
Perhaps its because you do not understand "main stream. That's where all the streams flow to
Much like a river. Not the crick you are getting your information from.
just

Last edited by AKAjust; 12/24/20 02:28 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread