No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Best place to learn proper fur handling [Re: Providence Farm] #7106813
12/26/20 07:21 PM
12/26/20 07:21 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
A good fleshing knife, a good beam and a good fur comb to comb out burrs. Make sure the fur is dry before skinning and fleshing. Take your time at first. Speed comes with experience. Take pride in what you're doing and it won't be long before you're getting compliments on your put up.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Best place to learn proper fur handling [Re: Providence Farm] #7106844
12/26/20 07:44 PM
12/26/20 07:44 PM
N.J.
PineDoggin Offline
trapper
PineDoggin  Offline
trapper

N.J.
I learned every bit of fur handling from CoonCreek outdoors on Youtube, He has a big following now but go back in his older fur handling clips, pretty much has 1 or 2 videos for each animal. I sold fur to Zander and the oldman asked where I learned my fur handling and when I told him I learned from youtube he was blown away, said I need to come show some of his old time clients how I do it he was that impressed. So its worth watching.

Re: Best place to learn proper fur handling [Re: Providence Farm] #7106903
12/26/20 08:31 PM
12/26/20 08:31 PM
N.E. Nebr
L
LDW Offline
trapper
LDW  Offline
trapper
L

N.E. Nebr
Top Lot Stretchers. Leon has several fur put up videos. He is an award winning fur handler. I had the pleasure of taking instruction from him twice, as well as owning his videos. I watch them several times a year, almost always pick something up new.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread