Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Future of trap collecting? #7112441
12/30/20 03:25 PM
12/30/20 03:25 PM
Texas USA
I
IWM Offline OP
trapper
IWM  Offline OP
trapper
I

Texas USA
I was viewing the translated description of a European gear trap for sale from a noted French collector and he included the following:

"The trap is renovated and neutralized in accordance with the regulations for sale, exhibition, or detention. A welding point at the arc under the jaws neutralizes the trap without harming its presentation and allows the sale, exhibition, and the detention at home. Let us recall that the law is currently very severe on the subject. All the traps of my collection are completely renovated and neutralized. ”

This trap had a big glob welded under the jaws to prevent opening which absolutely ruins its value. The detention at home part causes me particular concern as it directly attacks personal possession of collector traps (old & obsolete) within private residence. I have other collector friends in northern Europe who tell me they face similar legislative threats.

Not another doom & gloom post, but fair warning to American collectors of how far radical liberals can reach into individual citizen rights. This would be devastating to the many large/serious trap collections in our country...stay aware.

Re: Future of trap collecting? [Re: IWM] #7112582
12/30/20 05:34 PM
12/30/20 05:34 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I was waiting for something like this to come down the pike, I'm not surprised by it at all.

Re: Future of trap collecting? [Re: IWM] #7112740
12/30/20 07:52 PM
12/30/20 07:52 PM
N.Y./N.J.
T
traphound Offline
trapper
traphound  Offline
trapper
T

N.Y./N.J.
It won't be just traps if you allow it