No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113610
12/31/20 11:41 AM
12/31/20 11:41 AM
ontario canada
K
Knappett Offline
trapper
Knappett  Offline
trapper
K

ontario canada
Right turn. Believing everything as intricate and intertwined as life on earth happened at random due to a big explosion in space is just plain silly. A tree that sucks nutrients and water up through its roots and uses sunlight to convert them into sugars did not happen because of a big bang. And trees are a simple life form compared to animals and humans. Our central nervous system is not a byproduct of an Astroid collision. But everyone is entitled to believe what they want. I choose not to believe an outdated textbook supplied to a flawed school system by an even more flawed government.

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113614
12/31/20 11:46 AM
12/31/20 11:46 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
For sure-Adam was made from a ball of mud.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Big bang question [Re: Knappett] #7113618
12/31/20 11:49 AM
12/31/20 11:49 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Knappett
Right turn. Believing everything as intricate and intertwined as life on earth happened at random due to a big explosion in space is just plain silly. A tree that sucks nutrients and water up through its roots and uses sunlight to convert them into sugars did not happen because of a big bang. And trees are a simple life form compared to animals and humans. Our central nervous system is not a byproduct of an Astroid collision. But everyone is entitled to believe what they want. I choose not to believe an outdated textbook supplied to a flawed school system by an even more flawed government.

I've always believed the complexity of the world around me that I see with my own two eyes, and the fact that I even have 2 eyes to see with, is all the proof needed for an ordered creation by a higher power. Even physics points to this....the fact that I stick to the ground, and don't fly around in space, shows a creator.

Last edited by loosegoose; 12/31/20 11:49 AM.
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113621
12/31/20 11:50 AM
12/31/20 11:50 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Thats the word for me" -

"I Stand alone on the Word of God"

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113624
12/31/20 11:53 AM
12/31/20 11:53 AM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

The bb theory is just that, a theory. The earth works because it was perfectly placed from the sun, on an axis, with the moon perfectly placed for its purposes. Take any of these among many other factors out of the equation and we are a desolate wasteland like the other planets.
I look at it this way, the bb theory makes as much sense as, if I gave you a box that contained all the parts in it to make a clock. You could dump it on the floor as many times as you want but it will never become a clock by accident. It needs a clockmaker.

Re: Big bang question [Re: Knappett] #7113677
12/31/20 12:39 PM
12/31/20 12:39 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by Knappett

Trees are pretty simple, yet they’ve only been around for about 1/10 the time the earth has. They did not happen bc of a Big Bang, they happened bc of evolution.

Re: Big bang question [Re: Bob] #7113689
12/31/20 12:49 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by danny clifton
where would the gas come from? so far as i know there isnt any water

There’s lots of water on Mars. It’s just locked up in ice. We would create greenhouse gasses just like we do on earth, with factories and fuel burning vehicles. Mars does have an atmosphere, just not enough of one. A hundred years of CO2 would change the planet dramatically, it would become warmer and habitable. Like I said, the technology we need is all there, it’s just a matter of funding it now.

One Question, Why?

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113691

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Ah yes, the evolutionary reason for it all. Given enough time and resources all is possible. Has a nice dreamy ring to it.

Well then we ask: How'd the invertebrate become the vertebrate?
Science can't figure that great leap out.
It just says it happened because evolutionary science according to Darwin requires that it happened.
But that's not science. That's conjecture.

What if most of one man, Charles Darwin's theories, are not grounded in fact but in belief?
As a grad level science guy myself, I don't discount science. I just discount inaccurate science.
And Darwin was just another in a long line of 19th century humanists that parked his wagon on progressivism.

Not for me and mine.
We're not amoebas 6000 point 0.
And we're not apes either.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113724
12/31/20 01:13 PM
12/31/20 01:13 PM
West coast of Iowa
I
iaduckhntr Offline
trapper
iaduckhntr  Offline
trapper
I

West coast of Iowa
My 45-70 is a pretty big bang, at both ends LOL
Dennis

Old 8 toes~~ life ITA and NRA member
Life in the fast lane is no place for a tricycle!
Re: Big bang question [Re: ] #7113734
12/31/20 01:20 PM
12/31/20 01:20 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by Bob
I believe we will have a permanent colony on Mars if not in my lifetime, certainly in my children’s. According to NASA, the people who will colonize Mars have most likely already been born.

You have to keep up with what is happening to teach your children where the fight will come from. Unless something drastic changes, this will be taught more and more in our schools.
I teach my grandkids God made one man and one woman and the man and woman marry to produce children. Simple but who teaches this anymore?

Oh and if man does in fact take his spaceship across the universe, he'll just take his sinful baggage with him anyway. Mars is no more a fresh start (as some hope) than the New World of centuries ago. Humans are humans.

Here is a clip of what is to come from the Elon M. types. We see the transgender dogma creeping into culture and it will stick deep. It's technical but the educrates know exactly what it all means. They are striving to implement it as we type.

Closely tied to transhumanism is the concept of postgenderism, which a recent technical paper defines as follows:

Postgenderism is an extrapolation of ways that technology is eroding the biological, psychological and social role of gender, and an argument for why the erosion of binary gender will be liberatory. Postgenderists argue that gender is an arbitrary and unnecessary limitation on human potential, and foresee the elimination of involuntary biological and psychological gendering in the human species through the application of neurotechnology, biotechnology and reproductive technologies. Postgenderists contend that dyadic [that is, male-female] gender roles and sexual dimorphisms are generally to the detriment of individuals and society. Assisted reproduction will make it possible for individuals of any sex to reproduce in any combinations they choose, with or without "mothers" and "fathers," and artificial wombs will make biological wombs unnecessary for reproduction. Greater biological fluidity and psychological androgyny will allow future persons to explore both masculine and feminine aspects of personality. Postgenderists do not call for the end of all gender traits, or universal androgyny, but rather that those traits become a matter of choice. Bodies and personalities in our postgender future will no longer be constrained and circumscribed by gendered traits, but enriched by their use in the palette of diverse self-expression. [3]

Isn't it all wonderful what these humans are crafting? I bolded the goal. Liberation. From what? From societal ills and theology.
It's all just more rebellion against God. Man is all powerful and each progression proves it to those who deem it so.
Every time you read "liberated," run.

Blessings,
Mark

Mars isn’t a “fresh start”. Statistically speaking the earth will become uninhabitable at some point. Every ten years or so we have a close call with an asteroid that is capable of ending all life on earth, it’s just a matter of time before one connects. Colonizing Mars ensures that humanity has a place to go and survive when that happens. It’s about survival of the human race, not a fresh start.

I really don’t see what any of that has to do with exploring outer space. God created it, didn’t he? Why shouldn’t we strive to go see it?

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Big bang question [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7113738
12/31/20 01:26 PM
12/31/20 01:26 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
This took a big left turn. Went from reading about the big bang to sitting in church.

Might do you some good.

No Jab.
Re: Big bang question [Re: Bob] #7113744
12/31/20 01:28 PM
12/31/20 01:28 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Bob
I believe we will have a permanent colony on Mars if not in my lifetime, certainly in my children’s. According to NASA, the people who will colonize Mars have most likely already been born.

If so, the people will be hand picked that go. Like George Carlin said" you and I, are not in the club". Lol.

No Jab.
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113751
12/31/20 01:34 PM
12/31/20 01:34 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
That’s the thing I don’t understand about the church, and very religious Christians. The Big Bang theory, evolution, all this stuff AND God can both be true. Ever thought that maybe the Big Bang was the moment God created everything? That the Big Bang is just the mechanics of it, and God was the driving force that made it happen?

It’s not science OR God. Science AND God.

Re: Big bang question [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7113758
12/31/20 01:38 PM
12/31/20 01:38 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by Bob

If so, the people will be hand picked that go. Like George Carlin said" you and I, are not in the club". Lol.

Of course they will be, you can’t send just anyone on a mission like that. They will be the savants of the generation. People so smart that folks like you and I can’t even comprehend their intelligence. They’ll have to be extremely fit as well to withstand the rigors of the mission. No dad bods or muffin tops allowed. They’ll likely be evaluated and start training during middle school or high school.

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113764
12/31/20 01:42 PM
12/31/20 01:42 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Like Neil Young said-"Flying mother Natures silver seed to a new home in the sun"

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113767
12/31/20 01:43 PM
12/31/20 01:43 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
BoB , yes why not? I Don't see anywhere that says different and God still runs things.

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113777
12/31/20 01:50 PM
12/31/20 01:50 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Science and God is a traditional view of most Western denominations. The seminary I attend teaches it strongly. God is in charge of science and gave humans a reasoning brain to figure out much. We just steer ourselves off the rails most times thinking we're grander than we are.

I have no problem with the Big Bang theory being the description of the Genesis narrative of creation. For many, that sounds about right. Genesis chapter 1 & 2.
Evolution of created things in the whole of Creation, would be more accurately viewed as adaptation, because a Designer would adapt his crafting. As a science dude, evolution and adaptation designate differing origination, and that's an important line to draw most times. Besides, the term evolution has been defined by cultural context most commonly to mean Darwinism, so the term has contextual issues for theologians. Same as "climate." You can't hardly say the word without cultural context bringing it's baggage aboard.

Oh and Christianity holds that humans didn't evolve. We are Psalm 139 crafted. Each and every one of us.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113784
12/31/20 01:53 PM
12/31/20 01:53 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
If the Big Bang was started by energy, who created the energy?

Re: Big bang question [Re: rvsask] #7113813
12/31/20 02:06 PM
12/31/20 02:06 PM
ontario canada
K
Knappett Offline
trapper
Knappett  Offline
trapper
K

ontario canada
Trees are pretty simple, yet they’ve only been around for about 1/10 the time the earth has. They did not happen bc of a Big Bang, they happened bc of evolution.
[/quote] ah yes the "theory" of evolution. One that most credible scientists dont even believe anymore but they say it would cost too much to rewrite the text books. What did trees evolve from? Seeds? Lol.

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7113825
12/31/20 02:12 PM
12/31/20 02:12 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

^^^^^^ Pretty darn accurate. Remember the Darwinists persisted throughout the same era as those who said the buffalo were hunted to near extinction.
Wrong & wrong.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread